Mods Why Are you SO quick to close a thread?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
JFC......Why do threads get shut down so fast? Joe Barry is rumored to be fired 3 hrs ago, it is confirmed an hour ago and the 82 page thread gets shut down? Do you not think that some of us still want to talk about this? Have a little closure?

I just don't get why threads are closed down so fast? Is Shaggy telling you to save bandwidth?

You guys complain about people opening up too many new threads, so what is the reaction going to be when I open a thread entitled "Barry is finally fired"?

You guys (Mods) do a great job, but really need to check yourselves on the thread closing trigger fingers.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't need to open a new thread entitled "Barry is finally fired" because one has already been opened. On the other hand I don't think a new one had to be opened because the fire Joe Barry thread would have served the same purpose without losing 82 pages of posts.

There are three pinned threads right now about the DC.

Ideally, with two threads one would discuss candidates and Joe Barry's name would not be brought up since he is not a candidate and the other would be a discussion of why JB sucked and needed to be fired and was eventually fired with no talk of potential replacements as they are not JB. You know as well as I do however that no thread will remain free of crossover posting.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You don't need to open a new thread entitled "Barry is finally fired" because one has already been opened. On the other hand I don't think a new one had to be opened because the fire Joe Barry thread would have served the same purpose without losing 82 pages of posts.

There are three pinned threads right now about the DC.

Ideally, with two threads one would discuss candidates and Joe Barry's name would not be brought up since he is not a candidate and the other would be a discussion of why JB sucked and needed to be fired and was eventually fired with no talk of potential replacements as they are not JB. You know as well as I do however that no thread will remain free of crossover posting.
Correct.

In my defense, I searched for a "New DC" thread and didn't see one, b4 I opened one. I still don't see it, but I will eventually find it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Side note. Why not ask instead of just jumping on a mods ***?

Most of the time it's an easy explanation

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Side note. Why not ask instead of just jumping on a mods ***?

Most of the time it's an easy explanation
I didn't jump on the mods for explaining to me that there was another thread created about a New DC and thus I didn't need to open another one.

What I did question the Mods on was why are threads like the 81 page "Fire Joe Barry" closed so quickly? A lot of us still had things to say, the moment we heard the news, but we couldn't. Now all that venting and reminiscing just litters up a new thread about who our next DC will be.

I can understand closing a thread that has either literally died with no new traffic in years or one that has turned into a bar fight, but one that was THAT active? I just don't get the purpose of closing active threads.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I start too many threads. In areas like the Badgers, and Bucks. But that's more along the lines of discussing significance in an individual game, or upcoming event. I hope that isn't a problem. I do it more to spark interest in posting for people. If you want me to quit doing it, I will.

I guess the situation is a little murky as to when a person should or shouldn't do it. Not the Mods fault or the posters. Of course there are probably some who don't even try to find a common thread.

Members online

Latest posts