Who should be replacing 'Jags' ??

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you all probably know, the current Offensive Coordinator of the Packers (Jeff Jagodzinski) has taken the Head Coaching job at Boston College. As happy as I am for Jags, its not to early to talk about replacements. Offensive line coach Joe Philbin one logical candidate, or is it possible that the position will be filled by someone outside of the organization ???

I was wondering who yall think should replace Jeff Jagodzinski as our Offensive Coordinator for the future ?

*I know its not going to happen, but I think Steve Mariucci should take over the job as OC of the Packers.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not the Mariucci talk again. :roll:

It should be someone familiar with the current offense. Perhaps one of the current assistants will take over. So long as we have continuity to next year we will be fine.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will probably go "in house" and promote Packer's Offensive
Line Coach Joe Philbin to Packer offensive Coordinator.. As most Packer fans know, Packer Head Coach Mike McCarthy call the plays.

McCarthy said he'll continue to help Assistants to advance their careers while also ensuring that the Packers are not shortchanged.

OP
OP
C

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is no one mentioning Tom Clements ?? He is in house and has OC expierance. Here me out. I think the OC should be Tom Clements. In his time as an OC Clements spent the last two seasons (2004-05) as offensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills. In 2004, the Bills' offense increased its points output by 152.

Why Philbin should not be the OC. To me it would make more sense to give the OC job to Clements and keep Philbin with the OL. Its important to keep continuity whereve possible and with the rookies we have on the OL, it would make perfect sense to let Philbin continue with them. He knows the strengths and weaknesses better than anybody.

*Then have Steve Mariucci take over as QB Coach!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
June Jones. He currently is head coach of the most powerful offense in College.

Right?

Record with the University of Hawaii
Year Record
1999 9-4
2000 3-9
2001 9-3
2002 10-4
2003 9-5
2004 7-5
2005 5-7
2006 10-3
Total 62-40

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we definetly need to continue the zone blocking, Ahman is running real well with it right now, and our O-line is doing exelent.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we definetly need to continue the zone blocking, Ahman is running real well with it right now, and our O-line is doing exelent.

Ummm...you're talking about the Packers correct? And for my :twocents: on who should be the new OC I would vote Clements since he's done it before.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
NO..

NOT June Jones...

He sucks..He was the guy who ran the Run 'n Gun in Atlanta when Jeff George was there...

He's so bad I'd rather have Rossley over him....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
NO..

NOT June Jones...

He sucks..He was the guy who ran the Run 'n Gun in Atlanta when Jeff George was there...

Jerry Glanville ran the Run 'n Gun.

I can't find anything that says June Jones runs the Run 'n Gun.

You disagree with my choice, but I don't see yours.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got to ask ourselves what would be the best fit for OC on the GB Packers since MM is the one calling the plays. I'm not even really sure what Jags did to be honest. I know he taught the ZBS, but during games what was his responsibility?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got to ask ourselves what would be the best fit for OC on the GB Packers since MM is the one calling the plays. I'm not even really sure what Jags did to be honest. I know he taught the ZBS, but during games what was his responsibility?

in the offseason MM said Jags would basically be coordinating the running game, i suppose theres always room for improvement. we might end up with a better OC...of course theres the flipside lol.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:

in the offseason MM said Jags would basically be coordinating the running game, i suppose theres always room for improvement. we might end up with a better OC...of course theres the flipside lol.

If he coordinates the run game then if they are planning to promote from within I wouldn't mind seeing Edgar get the nod. I remember reading where they thought he was an up and comer as a coach anyways.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive coordinator under McCarthy is the like the offensive coordinator under Holmgren, basically meaningless. McCarthy is the head coach and offensive coordinator, so who takes over doesn't mean much. What Jags brought to the team was an attitude. I'm going to miss him because I think his cockiness and arrogance was good for this team and helped to bring Brett back under control. So whether they hire Clements or Philbin, or bring someone else in, it doesn't matter.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i cant see June Jones leaving Hawaii, if he can keep getting better recruits then as a program they will continually improve, they are a tough team to beat especially at home.

If we were to take such a coach as a OC i'd like us to have a look at Mike Leach from Texas Tech, i bet he could motivate Brett Favre with his speeches about pirates and swordsmen!!! :-p

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
NO..

NOT June Jones...

Run n' Shoot..

Whatever..that's what he ran even if you can't find it, and he still stunk in the Pros...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
P@ck66 said:
NO..

NOT June Jones...

Run n' Shoot..

Whatever..that's what he ran even if you can't find it, and he still stunk in the Pros...

Ahh Run 'n Shoot. That's different and found verification as well.

You disagree with my choice, that's cool. But you still haven't put a claim into a choice yourself, only knocked my choice hardcore.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C-Mize said:
As you all probably know, the current Offensive Coordinator of the Packers (Jeff Jagodzinski) has taken the Head Coaching job at Boston College. As happy as I am for Jags, its not to early to talk about replacements. Offensive line coach Joe Philbin one logical candidate, or is it possible that the position will be filled by someone outside of the organization ???

I was wondering who yall think should replace Jeff Jagodzinski as our Offensive Coordinator for the future ?

*I know its not going to happen, but I think Steve Mariucci should take over the job as OC of the Packers.

Don't you recall that Mariucci was run out of San Francisco AND Detroit for being too conservative in his play calling????

Two words for the next O.Coordinator. JEFF TEDFORD.

He will usher in the new era...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Favre won't stand for Tedford...

Trade Aaron Rodgers to the Raiders for Moss, then draft Brady Quinn....

Then get Marty Morninghweg..

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Yeah, he's better than Jeff and June ... lol

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Yeah, he's better than Jeff and June ... lol

Brady Quinn...now THAT'S FUNNY....

Let's talk QB draft picks that BOMB when Brady gets in the league and goes to the Raiders

Latest posts