Progressing the Packers

Reaction score
Who? Devondre cap hit is 12.5 if he is on roster in 25'
I think he might’ve meant 2025 dead? But in any case it’s already applied to the books in your scenario in 2024. We’d take our lumps next year though.

I’ll be honest Tyni at this moment in time I like where we are headed. The options concerning Campbell only get easier with time, so I’d be patient. If things stay steady and we look poised to make a playoff run next season? I’d strongly consider retaining Campbell in 2024 he’s a great veteran leader. It’s only $3mil and we can focus on other positions.

Also if there’s a steal at iLB in the draft? Fine go for it. No pressure at all. If we go LB then trading Campbell post Jun1 severely lowers our Dead $$ AND we either potentially gain 2025 Draft capital or possibly get a player upgrade at a different position (player swap). Such as Safety, TE, iOL, RB etc. that we might have not addressed properly in the draft.

Heck we might be playoff bound this year. I’m not joking for once either! :)
We have no business being in postseason but who cares anything goes maybe we can spoil Dallas’ dreams! Packers do Dallas! :laugh:

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless GB wins the division, Dallas won't be first round. I agree with the idea though.
I cannot predict anything with this team week to week except the game they play. Although the Detroit win was an absolute pleasant shocker I cannot read too much into it. Obviously, the team will be up for the Chiefs but I have seen young teams play up and play down to the opposition. MLF and staff did a great job of planning for Detroit. How they will react to Carolina, Tampa, and the Giants I do not know. The Bears and Vikings are division rivals so that will impact their intensity. Our place kicker will get to play in variable climates. He has to be ready. Love will have to protect the football unlike Goff and Fields and Dobbs. But we shall see.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
In looking at the injury reports for teams, I don't see that much of a difference in the Packers vs other teams this year let alone some historic catastrophe. The Packers have had 3 players with hamstring injuries that I see where they have missed time - Anderson, Jones, Watson. The Vikings have seen JJ and Nailor out, Lions with Gibbs, Mitchell out and the Bears with a few guys. WR/RBs are just hit with the hamstring bug more than other positions. Anything from training camp is just whatever, teams really are cautious in the preseason so any tweak or twinge guys sit out.

Sans backing data to suggest the Packers are truly snake bit, I just think it is one of those old wives tales that get tossed around. Kind of like everyone joking that Gute will trade all of his picks for an extra 7th rounder to draft a long snapper then giggle (tee hee hee) even though it is not based in any true fact or data.
You see it your way, I see it my way.
Imo, it's unusual to begin the season with so many weapons and core players on the shelf.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot predict anything with this team week to week except the game they play. Although the Detroit win was an absolute pleasant shocker I cannot read too much into it. Obviously, the team will be up for the Chiefs but I have seen young teams play up and play down to the opposition. MLF and staff did a great job of planning for Detroit. How they will react to Carolina, Tampa, and the Giants I do not know. The Bears and Vikings are division rivals so that will impact their intensity. Our place kicker will get to play in variable climates. He has to be ready. Love will have to protect the football unlike Goff and Fields and Dobbs. But we shall see.
Anything can happen to any team every week in the NFL. It's always been that way. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time can result in a serious butt kicking.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost a month since you posted this @Dantés and I more and more feel your thoughts on cutting Campbell post June 1st is more and more likely....what sucks is Walker has failed to progress as many of us would have hoped, but the issue is DeVondre just isn't a starting level guy anymore and tough moves of aging veterans is needed now rather then two years from now the way we're turning this roster over.

That is why I also think we could see a serious chance that given we are likely to end up in that 11th-19th pick range of selecting one of the top 4 or so edge prospects and seeing Smith traded. A cut of him only provides like $3M savings and nothing in return. I would rather see us move him for a pick this draft on Day2 or very early Day3 rather than a cut and if we go positional value and draft an edge replacement Day1 that move is something I would support despite the fact that my signed Preston jersey is my gameday jersey right now and love his consistent play (it is however not potent enough anymore).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Walker/Campbell is a good combination. And of course I would keep Q.

Absolutely, even if we decide to keep Campbell - we really need a possible next ILB up, as I love McDuffie right where he is as a depth and ST piece.

Members online

Latest posts