Who says the NFC is weak?...Not the Packers...Not the Saints

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5727516"]TRENT DILFER from ESPN explains why the NFC is so weak [/ame]---> it is?

Rock-Report NFC NORTH is the Bears Division to Lose ---> it is?

peter_king SPORTS ILLUSTRATED-Brutal Injury Situation for the PACK---> is it?

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2010/10/31/1785451/packers-game-ball-packers-shutout-jets-9-0

JETS vs PACKERS 6 POINT UNDERDOGS

To a lot of fans this game would be described as an ugly officiated game, boring, unexciting, and a poor performance...you would hear that mostly from the JETS fan crowd....The Jets have been heralded as one of the top teams in the league since after week 2...the March Sanchez led JETS couldn't be stopped with their beastly Running Game...and IN MY OPINION, the JETS were the BEST in the NFL, yes I was drinking the gang-green-koolaid too...it was a toss up around the league that the TOP 3 teams in the NFL, not just the AFC, were STEELERS, RAVENS, & JETS...

So who could argue that through the first 7 weeks of the season? No one could and because of this the AFC was considered the class of the NFL. The NFC the weaker conference, with bad QB play, undisciplined teams, losing winnable games to AFC opponents..........can 1 week change that outlook? maybe, maybe not...I do think that WEEK 8 has been a statement week for the NFC and it represents a heart & don't quit attitude from teams like the SAINTS & our BELOVED PACKERS displayed against the "TOP" teams in the league...good thing the RAVENS were on their bye week....

The game OUTCOME was decided by all 3 phases of the game...OFFENSE, DEFENSE, & SPECIAL TEAMS

Our Offense, or lack there of, was able to move field position, PROTECT THE QB, get a few first downs, get in position for Field Goal Attempts...which would be the difference in the game...we may be criticized for NO offense, but playing a defense that is as heralded as our opponents, Revis declaring himself 100%, best Corner Tandem in the league, the confidence they had, their home field advantage, their pressure schemes,etc...Our OFFENSE performed against potentially the BEST DEFENSE in the League against a team that was HOTTER THEN HOT
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Our Defense...our defense needed to force Turnovers against a team that has been exceptional @ ball security...it's a tall order...our defense missing so many key cogs & contributors(Barnett, Burnett, Pickett, Harris, Bigby, Harrell, Neal, Poppinga, Jones...I could be missing 1 or 2) STEPPED up and made those "Turnovers" that we needed to WIN the game...turnovers can decide games...our boys showed up in that department, played to the whistle and showed their extra effort to get the ball! Key situations we needed to get to the QB...we did!...all that equaled to an IMPRESSIVE SHUTOUT....GOTTA GIVE SOME CREDIT TO THE MAN IN THE BOOTH FOR THE PERFORMANCE! DOM CAPERS....WELL DONE!

Our Special Teams...all I gotta say is WOW, I felt very confident that TRAMON would never drop the rock on each Punt Return he had, It was AMAZING to see Masthay punt that within their 20-yard-line time and time again in a WINDY Stadium, not to mention the kick coverage from our players...I thought the Punt Coverage where Pat Lee swallowed Jimmy Leonhard on the 10 had a little TONE setting in it early on...Mason Crosby kicking 3 of his 4 FG's in one of the windiest stadiums in the league was very impressive & can't ask for more.

We Executed in all 3 phases of the game, even offense, and why I say offense? WE DIDN'T TURN THE BALL OVER! We won this game b/c we did actually play a complete game, though the scoreboard may not represent that b/c of throws that were off by inches, but for everyone that really watched we executed and played, in my opinion, the most complete game in the Mike McCarthy Era...and I couldn't be prouder...GO PACK GO!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I agree!! Excellent! I've been flipping between Sportscenter and NFL Gameday Final...and keep missing the Pack Highlights...some how keep seeing McNabb!

I'll keep reading the boards to get up to date! lol

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post indeed!!!!!!! Hey, a couple of weeks ago, I was running around saying the AFC was stronger. I picked the Jets and the Steelers as the strongest. Now look at we got, those injury riddled Packers of ours whacked those elite Jets, our D pitching the first shutout of the season. Who would of thought that! Hhahha some Packer fans knew it! This has been a crazy season so far, you just don't know what's going to happen next.

Then we have the Saints knocking off the Steelers last night, a good game if anyone watched it! The top two AFC teams (Jets and Steelers) both got a rather rude awakening last night. Two NFC teams (The non-dead Packers and the Saints) woke them up with a kick in the head.

I'm sure we haven't heard the last of the Jets or the Steelers, but it's sure nice to know our Packers are alive and well!!!

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post indeed!!!!!!! Hey, a couple of weeks ago, I was running around saying the AFC was stronger. I picked the Jets and the Steelers as the strongest. Now look at we got, those injury riddled Packers of ours whacked those elite Jets, our D pitching the first shutout of the season. Who would of thought that! Hhahha some Packer fans knew it! This has been a crazy season so far, you just don't know what's going to happen next.

Then we have the Saints knocking off the Steelers last night, a good game if anyone watched it! The top two AFC teams (Jets and Steelers) both got a rather rude awakening last night. Two NFC teams (The non-dead Packers and the Saints) woke them up with a kick in the head.

I'm sure we haven't heard the last of the Jets or the Steelers, but it's sure nice to know our Packers are alive and well!!!

Thanks, for the compliment...You're not alone with feeling the AFC, I'm guilty of that too...what a show this sunday...all around!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Good post. Your right, this last Sunday was WILD!!!! As much as the NFL can frustrate the hell out of me with their byzantine rule book. It really is the most exciting and entertaining sport ever created (unless you considered gladiatorial games a sport) heh.

After watching the Pack win. It was snooze-a-thon watching the world series.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great article Armand.

The AFC NFC thing is complete BS.

First of all, the best team in the AFC has 1 loss. The best team in the NFC has 2 losses. IT'S ONE GAME DIFFERENCE. And there's only one team with 1 loss only, so the difference is BS. You can't say one team is the best after half a season.

Second of all, the thoughness thing is also bs. Know why? Teams have different personality. The Packers and the Saints outphysicalled (?) the AFC's most physical teams in the Jets and Steelers. It's just that the mentality of the teams, the AFC ones bring it every week, and the NFC ones don't.

But come playoff time, when it matters, all that talk is BS. The NFC teams will absolutely play the same level the AFC do.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
great post like the pics too,i felt we would win this game,not the way we did and i know people are saying it was a boring game until c.m had his sack but i disagree felt the game had big moments the interceptions i cant pick all the moments but to me there were a few.and i'm happy today for it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a good post with great points.
I don't think it's fair or right to compare one conference to another no matter how any team is playing.
They are all in the same league, unless they seperated and I missed that. LOL

Thanks guys, this win meant a lot to me being a NJ resident...can't help my excitement
You have every right to be excited and to gloat!
It's all good.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I thought I'd just point out that not only are the Jets losing to the Lions right now, but the oh so "dominant" AFC leading Patriots are losing to the Browns. F*** sportscasters.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha, yo we got a chance to beat anyone left in our schedule man, we got a great chance to get a W every week, not waying we will, but we got enough players to do the job

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Agree Armand! Starting tonight! Pack is going to pull off this win,.. albeit the Lions, Bears, and Vikes all did what I DIDN'T want them to do,.. Wanted a Lions win, Bears and Vikes Loss. Whatever!

The Packers will continue their onward march to the top! TO THE TOP I SAY!

Gonna fire up the grill and bust out the cold ones!! (who am I kidding...MORE cold ones!)

Members online

No members online now.