Week 12 In Minny: Season And MM's Job On The Line

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No more room for error or losses from here on out! NONE!!

I've usually been way less critical of MM at this juncture, but the Sunday after this he had better coach like his butt is on fire because this season is on the line now. Same goes for Rodgers who had better change his approach to zipping in more fast balls starting this next week or it's doodoo.

We have to win in Minny, or we are done!!! Oh yes, that is right, we lose this game and our season is D-O-N-E done!

If MM can't get this team out of this stupid slump, then I'm sorry but we need someone else who can.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not much to say anymore, season's over. When MM goes, Pettine must stay. When MM goes, Aaron Rodgers needs to look himself in the mirror and objectively assess his play. Stop listening to the people telling you how great you are. I have had a prevailing hope when he has been on the field for a decade now. No longer. There is no way around it, he is a bad player right now. He has zero confidence in himself or in what is going on around him. I just hope he is not permanently broken.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not much to say anymore, season's over. When MM goes, Pettine must stay. When MM goes, Aaron Rodgers needs to look himself in the mirror and objectively assess his play. Stop listening to the people telling you how great you are. I have had a prevailing hope when he has been on the field for a decade now. No longer. There is no way around it, he is a bad player right now. He has zero confidence in himself or in what is going on around him. I just hope he is not permanently broken.
There were countless posts similar to this in 2016 when they went 4-6, with Rodgers playing some pretty horrific football at times, yet, he went on to play some of the best football I've ever seen in my entire life (Run The Table).

Not that you're wrong or anything, we need him to play better, but we've seen this before. Trying to hold on to some hope :(

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were countless posts similar to this in 2016 when they went 4-6, with Rodgers playing some pretty horrific football at times, yet, he went on to play some of the best football I've ever seen in my entire life (Run The Table).

Not that you're wrong or anything, we need him to play better, but we've seen this before. Trying to hold on to some hope :(

Yep, it just feels and looks so different this time, you know? Pettine's defense is CARRYING this team right now. This is not how it was drawn up.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers still has plenty of game left in him. The deep balls he completed to Tonyan and Adams prove this. The problem is he's doing too much of this and MM seems to be doing nothing to stop it. That's why there's been too many needless sacks and halted drives.

I don't play the one side over the other with Rodgers and MM. They both are 50/50 in this goofy offensive setup. Thing is when there isn't enough change from week to week in the game plan, the coach has to own it.

Rodgers has gotten his paycheck so he'll likely be going nowhere until he retires. MM on the other hand is going to have to quit playing around with his approach or ... Well I don't think Murphy or Gute are going to be patient enough to allow it to go on another year.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am seeing nearly the exact same thing from fans when the Packers were 4-6 a couple of years ago. This year our record is "slightly" better and the NFC wildcard is WEAK. I know some people don't want to make the playoffs because they're afraid we will get blown out and there are some that want McCarthy to be let go and afraid if we slip into playoffs it won't happen. Agree or disagree with me but when the Packers are playing I want them to win and I want them in the postseason. With that being said for all my people who are hanging on...

Keep hanging on. EVERYONE from 7th seed and under have AT LEAST 5 losses. The north and one of the wildcard spots are currently the Bears and Vikings. Both still have to play each other TWICE and we still play both of them one more time. It is all right there in front of us to take... we just have to take it.

I believe. I believe based on history and I believe based on the talent this team has. I invite you to join me because it's going to be a fun ride. Spend this Sunday, Thanksgiving and Next Sunday rooting against NFC teams ahead of us and then cap it all off with rooting on the Pack to right the ship. This is a one game season and it's time to go to work.

Go Pack Go.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never quit pulling for my team to pull it out in any season before and I don't intend to now. But in the meantime, this fooling around by our current two leaders has got to stop and stop now.

I am just really befuddled by all these stack and bunch sets we keep running. Seems like they just cause the offense to trip over itself. Just for once let's stop this bang head on the wall approach to offense and get some damn flow going.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am seeing nearly the exact same thing from fans when the Packers were 4-6 a couple of years ago. This year our record is "slightly" better and the NFC wildcard is WEAK. I know some people don't want to make the playoffs because they're afraid we will get blown out and there are some that want McCarthy to be let go and afraid if we slip into playoffs it won't happen. Agree or disagree with me but when the Packers are playing I want them to win and I want them in the postseason. With that being said for all my people who are hanging on...

Keep hanging on. EVERYONE from 7th seed and under have AT LEAST 5 losses. The north and one of the wildcard spots are currently the Bears and Vikings. Both still have to play each other TWICE and we still play both of them one more time. It is all right there in front of us to take... we just have to take it.

I believe. I believe based on history and I believe based on the talent this team has. I invite you to join me because it's going to be a fun ride. Spend this Sunday, Thanksgiving and Next Sunday rooting against NFC teams ahead of us and then cap it all off with rooting on the Pack to right the ship. This is a one game season and it's time to go to work.

Go Pack Go.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's one thing to say Rodgers isn't completely himself, it's another thing entirely to say he's a bad football player right now. 19 TDs to 1 INT and a passer rating north of 100 in no way possible could be considered bad.

The overreaction about Rodgers right now is quite similar to 2016 when I also cautioned people that they were off their rocker saying he's washed up and that he won't ever be the same again.

Permanently broken. lol.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our divisional rival fans are getting a kick out of this. It's been there wet dream to see us struggle the way we have. Sad part is most of the games we lost, we could've easily won.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the first time in my life I’m praying for a Minnesota win! I hope they smash us and put us out our misery. The sooner the season is over the sooner they can fire Homer Simpson.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
For the first time in my life I’m praying for a Minnesota win! I hope they smash us and put us out our misery. The sooner the season is over the sooner they can fire Homer Simpson.
I highly doubt you're going to get nominated for fan of the year for the 2018 season. ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying Rodgers is a bad QB is a crazy train I'm not boarding.

He is still one of the best QBs in the game but I do think there is something off about his game and i do think he will get it figured out. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on your take, I don't know if it will happen soon enough to save the season.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is there no threads about pettine? This dude is legit. For the tools he has to work with he honestly has exceeded my expectations as a D-coordinator.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to win in Minny, or we are done!!! Oh yes, that is right, we lose this game and our season is D-O-N-E done!

Okay, enough temper tantrums. Slow down and use your noggin. If we beat the Vikings our path to a playoff spot is much easier. However, there are actually multiple scenarios where we can make the playoffs even if we lose next week. We would have to win out and get a little help but there are several ways to get that help.