This WR room at the Week 11 mark...(included Musgrave in stats)

Reaction score
Doubs hits me as the first of the receivers to figure out and develop the ability on how to fight for the ball. He is getting into the "this is my ball" mindset that Sharpe and Larry Fitzgerald and other really good physical WRs had. Watson and Musgrave aren't there yet. Wicks has been so open usually that he hasn't had to get the 50/50 ball from the defender. Reed will always need to be schemed open similar to Tyreek Hill or Cole Beasley.
Yes. This is not to diminish what is good with Wicks as he’s been a pleasant surprise. However Watson has had the #1 CB on him much of the time he’s been out there. I don’t think many opponents even know who Wicks is yet.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love has a terrible deep ball right now. That's not even a question

The crazy thing is it appears he is attempting far more 30+ yard through the air throws than many. I shared elsewhere a few others according to Next Gen but Love is nearly 30 attempts of that variety, that’s truly a ton.

Deep balls are completed very low, if he could hit on just 50% or more of them his overall numbers would be incredible for first year starter with young crew cutting its teeth.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The crazy thing is it appears he is attempting far more 30+ yard through the air throws than many. I shared elsewhere a few others according to Next Gen but Love is nearly 30 attempts of that variety, that’s truly a ton.

Deep balls are completed very low, if he could hit on just 50% or more of them his overall numbers would be incredible for first year starter with young crew cutting its teeth.
Or if we could at least see a receiver as open as Valdez-Scantling was in KC the other night. Love would have to hit the target and the target has to catch it.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You know, I was thinking about how many deep balls he's been throwing. Everyone knows this is a development season for the whole offense. Right now, it's probably the weakest part of his game and I bet he has been told by Tom and MLF to air it out every chance he gets. How else is a guy going to get better? And I do think it'll click soon because he had a great deep ball in college. It's mostly his throws to Watson that fall short. Maybe he needs to spend a whole afternoon just throwing deep balls to Watson at full speed.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm telling you, I'm excited about the future with these guys. They have a great diversity of skills and I don't think a single one of them realize that they should be struggling this early in their careers.

Also, it completely slipped under my radar that Musgrave has 33 catches so far. He has a legit chance to break the Packers' single-season receptions record by a TE as a ROOKIE. He would need 61 to tie Finley.

Bubba Franks has the rookie record which is 34...Luke at 33 with the laceration it may stand. Finley had 25 his rookie year.

Jayden Reed is likely to compete with Sterling Sharpes rookie record of 55 receptions as a Green Bay Rookie....he is on pace to hit 54 right now - so few more a game here or there and it is a record for the taking.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now so everyone doesn't run with this more than they should...

2022 Packers

Lazard 18.5% of the targets
Jones 13.3%
Doubs 12.4%
Tonyan 12.4%
Watson 12.2%
Cobb 9.3%

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's so nice seeing the ball go to multiple receivers every week.
Totally agree and LaFleur/Love moved the ball very well recently without their most dangerous weapon.

What's the points per possession numbers looking like compared to the rest of the league and compared to recent seasons?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree and LaFleur/Love moved the ball very well recently without their most dangerous weapon.

What's the points per possession numbers looking like compared to the rest of the league and compared to recent seasons?

Points per play I knew a source quicker so apologies as don't have possession:

Right now dolphins overall lead with .491 points per play and the worst is Giants with .212. Green Bay is at 16th with .345
Over the last 3 games though Dallas leads with .651 and Green Bay is 9th at .374

2022 KC led with .456 and Green Bay finished 16th at .352
2021 Buffalo led with .449 and we were 11th at .409
2020 Green Bay led the league with .501

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts