The game vs the Patriots

LITP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh will mean a lot of **** once you guys get the ball pounded down your throats .. attacking that weak Packers run D and soft middle.. and good luck stopping Gronk, by the way.. that leaves Tim Wright wide open who is second on the team in receptions with 6 the last 7 weeks.. but Gronk will be Gronk anyways

In case you needed reminding - trying to make yourself feel like a big man by pounding your chest about a game you play no part in makes you look foolish.

You should take that someplace else.

undertaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be my first game live at Lambeau. I'm 72 years old, at 5 years old sat on my dad's lap and watched Giants Packers games. This is a bucket list special with my sons. I'm a proud Patriot fan .... but I absolutely love all pro football. My hope is that either Rodgers or Brady has the ball in their hands at the their 20 yard line with 1:45 left, all timeouts, and the other team up by 4.

Reaction score
The New England Patriots have won the AFC a grand total of 7 times resulting in 3 SB titles.

The Green Bay Packers have 5 NFC championships and have 4 SB titles.

Granted the Pats win their Conference more often.

It's just that the Packers know what to do with it.
Brady will have his success in the air and that's a given, but I think the real damage will be done in the trenches and through muscle and strength.. The physicality of GRONK before and after the catch, his dominance, his presence, Tim Wright, his presence, the dominance of the German Mauler Sebastian Vollmer, Bryan Stallman Stork, Nate Solder the Soldier and those guys up front who bullied the likes of Geno Atkins, Peko, Marcell Dareus, Buffalo's Dline and Detroit's Dline for 7 weeks now.. they love to run block .. and that fullback James Develin is a beast .. and of course.. Blount Force Trauma a 50 Shades of Gray out of the backfield to control the clock and wear down the defense will win this game.. which will provide for some wicked play-action down field .. New England has a physical NFC mindset that gets results.
I don't care about the score as much... I just want to see Eddie add to his 1000+ all purpse yards and steamrole some Patsys after getting a few yards momentum for maximum impact. If Aaron gets any sort of rythmn with the best WR tandem in the NFL bar none.. against your so called "superheroes".. its gonna be like long day in Tinkletown.. Be prepared to go on the road and stop these 2 WR from surpassing BOTH the 20 TD AND 2,000 combined receiving yards mark Sunday.. see, what you didn't consider is... we have 2 Gronks to your 1

Last edited:

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man I am gonna love watching this game. :) It will come down to one score either way I think.

Can Brady continue the 7 game win streak to 8?
Can the Packers take control of the North?
Can NE stop Rodgers?
Can GB stop the Run?

So many Questions will be answered!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gronk is such a worry of mine. He is impossible to match up when healthy.

A casual thought, just bc one team wins, that team might show their hand if they play again this season.

Pack6817

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion this will be the game that tells us if we're truly contenders or merely pretenders. The weather is going to only get colder, and despite our amazing talent and on-field demolition of other teams as of late (which I suspect will continue against teams like the Vikings, Bucs, Falcons and probably the Bills) the Patriots are an entirely different demon.

I'm so tired of hearing from other fans that we're softer than we appear, we only beat weak teams, etc. I think we have the emerging defense and the high powered offense to beat anyone in the NFL right now, especially at Lambeau, and against a very tough Patriots team I expect it to at least be a close game. I'm banking on a win, but if nothing else the game should be close. If we lose by 7 points or more, I just don't see how we can be the contender in the playoffs that we appear to be right now.

I'm more optimistic than anything; my faith in this team is strong and I think we're firing on all cylinders to this point. Our run game could be a little better but I'm not too worried about that as long as our defense keeps playing the way they have been and Rodgers keeps his current tempo. If we beat the Patriots, the critics will finally shut up and that's what I'm hoping for most.
I think this year is an odd year in that teams are blowing out teams, who are blowing out teams, and any givin Sunday has applied more than often. I think we've gotten better throughout the season, and wouldn't be surprised if we blow out the Pats at home tomorrow. I am so pumped, yet nervous for that game that my heart can't take it. If we do win tomorrow, I think we could win out. If we do that, all we need is 1 loss by the Cards, and the road to the Super Bowl would go through Green Bay! Wouldn't that be fun? As to the Packers being soft... It's a game of match ups, I don't believe there is a team we can't beat when we win our individual match ups by everyone doing their job correctly. Every team has off weeks where the matchups don't pan out...

D

Deleted member 6794

Meanwhile, Rodgers is probably less clutch than Peyton given his lack of GWDs, 4th quarter QB rating, and playoff record.

GWDs and fourth quarter comebacks are a terrible way to measure a QBs success as a lot of other factors play a role in it.

Since Rodgers became the starter in 2008 he leads all QBs in fourth quarter QB rating with 105.1 (Brady is 7th with 93.7).

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Here is my latest diatribe, this time launching an all-out assault on the Patriots:

http://www.totalpackers.com/2014/11/29/new-england-patriots-ugliest-disgrace/

It a hold-no-bars hatefest. But love and hate and really part of the same thing, just like light and dark. Hope at least some of you will like.
I'm good with this.
I f'ing hate, hate, hate cheaters. Just something about them really pushes my buttons.
If this site allowed me, I would curse up a storm about the Cheaters and that grumpy jerk they have for a cheating coach.
Just remember that our Packers beat those losers in the biggest game of all. The Super Bowl!
So as far as I'm concerned the Packers are better than the Cheaters.
And Robert Kraft? More like Robert Crap.
Another way our team is better is that it's not owned by some rich guy who doesn't at all care and hooks up with a trophy chick right after his wife dies. Yeah. Way to show you care, Crap.
Instead the Pack is community owned by the people and fans of the Packers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over the last 2 seasons your Green Bay Packers are 1-6 against playoff teams.

Through the last 28 games, your Green Bay Packers have won 1 single game at home at Lambeau against a team with a winning record
- The 2014 Philadelphia Eagles led by Mark Sanchez :D

Last year the Packers were 0-4 against teams with a winning record, this year the Packers have had 4 big games, they got crushed in 3 of them.

Meanwhile, through the last 2 seasons the Patriots are 9-3 against playoff teams. They have beaten 6 division leaders this year alone.

It's pretty clear that the Packers have not been tested as much as the Patriots, and when they have, they have struggled. Anyone could happen on Sunday, and I would not be surprised if the Packers won, however, one might question if Packers can rise to the occasion when facing a real opponent. Because so far the Packers have spend most of the time beating up on inferior opponents at home.

I'm fully aware of the fact that I've just opened Pandora's box, and I fully understand that Packers fans are a proud bunch. I respect your franchise and everything you have succeeded over the years, but this is a legitimate and completely fair observation, therefore, I hope you can respond in a relevant and polite manner instead of getting too emotional.
It's 110% BS to be comparing the past to the present and future. Apples to oranges.
Try to stay in the present.
Anything you bring up comparing teams in the past is nothing but irrelevant.
Get a clue.
Oh wait. Your rooting for a team that cheats.
So why bother reading and taking anything at all you write seriously?
And if you insist on bringing up the past, Super Bowl 31.
Pack 35. Patsies 21. So in your face with that.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm good with this.
I f'ing hate, hate, hate cheaters. Just something about them really pushes my buttons.
If this site allowed me, I would curse up a storm about the Cheaters and that grumpy jerk they have for a cheating coach.
Just remember that our Packers beat those losers in the biggest game of all. The Super Bowl!
So as far as I'm concerned the Packers are better than the Cheaters.
And Robert Kraft? More like Robert Crap.
Another way our team is better is that it's not owned by some rich guy who doesn't at all care and hooks up with a trophy chick right after his wife dies. Yeah. Way to show you care, Crap.
Instead the Pack is community owned by the people and fans of the Packers.
Thanks for your kind words. Hope you will chime in at totalpackers as well.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Patriots DE Chandler Jones not expected to play today.

Good info.

Perry and Bush did not practice Thursday had limited practice Friday and are Questionable for today's game.

Lang, Sitton and Davante Adams are Probable.

This from Packers.com & NFL.com as of 5 minutes ago...

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here is my latest diatribe, this time launching an all-out assault on the Patriots: It a hold-no-bars hatefest.
I'm good with this.I f'ing hate, hate, hate cheaters. Just something about them really pushes my buttons.If this site allowed me, I would curse up a storm about the Cheaters and that grumpy jerk they have for a cheating coach.
Way to keep it classy. :rolleyes:

Thankfully only two examples contrary to the idea that Packers fans are superior to fans of other teams.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a win for pack. I know everyone is saying how do you stop Gronk I will let our corners safeties take care of that, our d-line will be ready. Not saying blowout game unless Arod can find ways to get the ball out to his players ,he has put the ball home many times where I thought didn't have it. Brady is good but the super bowls he won I feel belong to Vinitari , he don't make those points no win. Maybe that's why they lost didn't have a kicker to relie on. Pack-34 pats24

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When folks talk about "keeping it classy," I remind myself that that is the catchphrase of Ron Burgundy. No thanks.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
So was the name Britney before you know who. It is still ruined. Anyone who throws that line out is a *******.

Screw Ron Burgundy. He does not exist. We are dealing with the real world here.

Last edited: