The game vs the Patriots

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
The New England Patriots have won the AFC a grand total of 7 times resulting in 3 SB titles.

The Green Bay Packers have 5 NFC championships and have 4 SB titles.

Granted the Pats win their Conference more often.

It's just that the Packers know what to do with it.

Last edited:

TB3XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, NE has been in more AFCCC games than GB has been in NFCCC games.

The New England Patriots have won the AFC a grand total of 7 times. They’ve managed to turn 3 of these titles into Super Bowl wins.

The Green Bay Packers have 5 NFC championships since 1921. They’ve turned 4 of those titles into Super Bowl victories.

Do the math.

Not very relevant. We actually have the biggest contributors from those 3 SBs and 8 AFCCG appearances since 2001 still on our team.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colts, Broncos, Bengals, Lions, are better than any team you've beaten this season.

You won 1 SB 4 years ago and had a bunch of miserable playoff performances since. If you're going to bring up NE's failures in the SB and AFCCG - at least we've gotten there consistently. Meanwhile, Rodgers is probably less clutch than Peyton given his lack of GWDs, 4th quarter QB rating, and playoff record.

Rodgers is second in the league this season in 4th quarter QB rating. http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Passing&range=NFL&rank=110

Second overall in his career among active players as of 2012. http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...no-qb-better-than-tony-romo-in-fourth-quarter

He's also 6-4 in the playoffs with a 103.1 rating. (Brady has a rating 0f 87.5 by the way). Manning is 11-12.

No need to make stuff up on here man.

TB3XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is second in the league this season in 4th quarter QB rating. http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Passing&range=NFL&rank=110

Second overall in his career among active players as of 2012. http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...no-qb-better-than-tony-romo-in-fourth-quarter

He's also 6-4 in the playoffs with a 103.1 rating. (Brady has a rating 0f 87.5 by the way). Manning is 11-12.

No need to make stuff up on here man.

Fair enough about the 4th quarter QB rating.

The part about lack of GWDs and playoff record still stands. BTW I am pretty sure he is 5-4 in the playoffs and not 6-4.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The part about lack of GWDs and playoff record still stands. BTW I am pretty sure he is 5-4 in the playoffs and not 6-4.

My bad. He is 5-4, but also has the second highest playoff QB rating in NFL history. Remember the Cardinals WC game and the 49ers divisional game? He was fine in those. Great in the Cardinals game actually.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm

Also, with the game winning drives, if you watched the Packers for years, you'd know Rodgers has had plenty of drives that the defense gave up. Happened twice just last year. Plus, can't watch week 17 last year or Miami this year and say those were not clutch.

Next, ESPN found that Rodgers' record was 5-24 in the 4th. Obviously not good, but his stats show he was NOT the reason for those losses with the second highest rating in the 4th in close games.
http://thebiglead.com/2013/09/24/es...utch-due-to-5-24-record-when-trailing-in-4th/
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Fourth quarter comebacks isn't even the best stat as it can be skewed by so many things. Brady, for example, gets credit for one against the Saints last year, but he failed on twice consecutive drives right before it. How many times does a QB get 3 chances in final part of the 4th quarter to take the lead? QB's also get credit if almost all the drive happens in the 3rd, the score is in the 4th, and then the defense holds on.

You're just using one stat to make a conclusion. Using one stat alone rarely makes a good point.

TB3XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bad. He is 5-4, but also has the second highest playoff QB rating in NFL history. Remember the Cardinals WC game and the 49ers divisional game? He was fine in those. Great in the Cardinals game actually.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm

Also, with the game winning drives, if you watched the Packers for years, you'd know Rodgers has had plenty of drives that the defense gave up. Happened twice just last year. Plus, can't watch week 17 last year or Miami this year and say those were not clutch.

Next, ESPN found that Rodgers' record was 5-24 in the 4th. Obviously not good, but his stats show he was NOT the reason for those losses with the second highest rating in the 4th in close games.
http://thebiglead.com/2013/09/24/es...utch-due-to-5-24-record-when-trailing-in-4th/
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Fourth quarter comebacks isn't even the best stat as it can be skewed by so many things. Brady, for example, gets credit for one against the Saints last year, but he failed on twice consecutive drives right before it. How many times does a QB get 3 chances in final part of the 4th quarter to take the lead? QB's also get credit if almost all the drive happens in the 3rd, the score is in the 4th, and then the defense holds on.

You're just using one stat to make a conclusion. Using one stat alone rarely makes a good point.

I'm using wins/losses because at the end of the day wins are what matter. All of the other stats cannot be analyzed without context. QB rating, completion percentage, yards, etc. For example, yards gained on the opponent's side of the field, or more importantly in the red zone, are worth more than yards gained on your half of the field.

You can perform an analysis that takes that into account by giving more weight to plays that increase the win probability.

Obviously there are other factors involved that depend on other members of the team - but a player's contribution to a team victory is more important than accumulating worthless stats. At least in my opinion.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm using wins/losses because at the end of the day wins are what matter. All of the other stats cannot be analyzed without context. QB rating, completion percentage, yards, etc. For example, yards gained on the opponent's side of the field, or more importantly in the red zone, are worth more than yards gained on your half of the field.

You can perform an analysis that takes that into account by giving more weight to plays that increase the win probability.

Obviously there are other factors involved that depend on other members of the team - but a player's contribution to a team victory is more important than accumulating worthless stats. At least in my opinion.

Win/loses can be analyzed without context, but the others cannot?

Win/lose in a certain situation alone is not a good stat, considering the rest of team is involved and Rodgers has played well in most of those games. A high QB rating would be a high indication of Rodgers contributing to his team's chances of winning too.

And if you need more indication of Rodgers contributing to his team's chances of winning, the Packers were 2-5-1 without him last year.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Rodgers is not only the best player in football.. but he's the most important to his team. The Patriots have shown they can win 10 or 11 games without Brady but no way we win that many without Rodgers. Tom Brady makes average Wrs look good but Rodgers makes them look great. Brady has had the benefit of playing with some good defenses and The one time Rodgers had a great defense he got a ring. MM is a good coach but BB is one of the all time greats. The game will be won by whichever coach and his staff can adjust to what the other one is doing. This is a game where I wish we had a tightend like Finley because New England is probably going to double Jordy and stick revis on Cobb.

TB3XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They won 11 games with a team that went 16-0 the previous year...

Last year's NE team, for example, would not have won even 4 games without Brady.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
"O'blah dee, O'blah dah, life goes on... Brah!"

- The 4 Scousers

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all the people thinking they'll shadow Cobb with Revis and Browner with saftey help on Nelson all game and that will slow down the Packers O by taking away our two biggest weapons all I can say I only hope they run that coverage all day long.

If the Pats do that they're playing most man coverage. Lacey probably ends up with 125+ yards recieving on screens n dump offs if thats how they play it and Rodgers himself will pick up 10-15 yards every time he sees man coverage unless they wanna use a spy and if they do thats one less guy in coverage. We should be so lucky if BB if just tells Revis n Browner heres your guy shut him down all day. Playing man all day against Rodgers is a BAD idea.

Both teams present match up problems for the other. Should be interesting to see how both mix up the coverages sunday

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Been thinking that the Packers can win this one. I think both teams are the best in their conference, and the Packers will pull some kind of Lambeau magic to win this one. I'm thinking that this game will look similar to the Packers at Saints, with both teams starting out great and after the first turnover the game is decided.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here is another reason why he doesn't have a ton of GWDs or 4QC. The Packers won 19 straight games from week 16 of the 2010 season to week 15 of the 2011 season. How many times did the Packers trail in the 4th quarter in those 19 games? Never. So there are 19 of his career wins where there was never even an opportunity to comeback in that stretch, which consists of about 25 percent of his career wins.

H

HardRightEdge

We actually have the biggest contributors from those 3 SBs and 8 AFCCG appearances since 2001 still on our team.
That's not true. Who starts for the Patriots today that was on the Pats roster in 2008? There's Brady, Wilfork, Connolly (who didn't start until 2009), and uh, uh, uh. Belichick's revolving door is legendary.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too much nit-picky comparison going on here. Brady is unquestionably great, his accomplishments speak for themselves and he is having perhaps one of his best seasons this year at age 36. Rodgers is truly an amazing QB who is arguably the best in the game right now and may end up being one of the greatest ever...but it's too early for that.

I like the comment that someone made, I think it was Boomer Esiason on comparing Brady vs. Rodgers. He and Kurt Warner said that there are just some things Rodgers can do that no other QB can do, that he excels both as a pocket passer and a mobile QB who can throw a strike 30 yards downfield on the run. Brady can't do the second, but because he can't and he knows that he is a pocket passer through-and-through, he concentrates on doing well what he's good at, and what he's good at doing he does extremely well.

Now back to the game. This is going to be a test like no other for the Packer defense. They're going to have to make some stops against a juggernaut offense and not let them march up and down the field at will. No one has been able to do that to the Pats since KC. I don't like the fact that Nick Perry is still in Did not Practice status. Every season Perry seems to miss too many games with some injury or other, and we need him.

On top of that, Seattle all of a sudden looks dangerous again and Detroit didn't roll over and play dead after the debacle at Foxboro last week, so GB can't afford to lose many more games. But anyway, I really hope it's a great game and that the Packers show up to play--to really play.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is important for the Packers to Win. Much more important than it is for the Patriots to Win.

I think GB knows this after today's games for sure. It is very possible the NFC will have 4-6 teams at 11-5 at the end.

And that a team can miss the playoffs at 11-5, two teams can miss with a 10-6 record.

Also possible that 5 of the 6 playoff teams make it with 11-5 records..

Also possible 5 of 6 are 12-4 as well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Last edited:

johntbronco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Broncos fan here.
Here's hoping you whip up on the Patriots. They need to be put down a notch.
Go Pack!

D

Deleted member 6794

Nick Perry, Jarrett Bush questionable, Davante Adams, Lang, Sitton, Bostick probable.

Reaction score
Brady will have his success in the air and that's a given, but I think the real damage will be done in the trenches and through muscle and strength.. The physicality of GRONK before and after the catch, his dominance, his presence, Tim Wright, his presence, the dominance of the German Mauler Sebastian Vollmer, Bryan Stallman Stork, Nate Solder the Soldier and those guys up front who bullied the likes of Geno Atkins, Peko, Marcell Dareus, Buffalo's Dline and Detroit's Dline for 7 weeks now.. they love to run block .. and that fullback James Develin is a beast .. and of course.. Blount Force Trauma a 50 Shades of Gray out of the backfield to control the clock and wear down the defense will win this game.. which will provide for some wicked play-action down field .. New England has a physical NFC mindset that gets results.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Brady will have his success in the air and that's a given, but I think the real damage will be done in the trenches and through muscle and strength.. The physicality of GRONK before and after the catch, his dominance, his presence, Tim Wright, his presence, the dominance of the German Mauler Sebastian Vollmer, Bryan Stallman Stork, Nate Solder the Soldier and those guys up front who bullied the likes of Geno Atkins, Peko, Marcell Dareus, Buffalo's Dline and Detroit's Dline for 7 weeks now.. they love to run block .. and that fullback James Develin is a beast .. and of course.. Blount Force Trauma a 50 Shades of Gray out of the backfield to control the clock and wear down the defense will win this game.. which will provide for some wicked play-action down field .. New England has a physical NFC mindset that gets results.
Cool nick names. Unfortunately they don't mean **** in a game.

Find a Pats forum and I'm sure they want to hear your crap. I know we sure don't.

Reaction score
Oh will mean a lot of **** once you guys get the ball pounded down your throats .. attacking that weak Packers run D and soft middle.. and good luck stopping Gronk, by the way.. that leaves Tim Wright wide open who is second on the team in receptions with 6 the last 7 weeks.. but Gronk will be Gronk anyways

Staff online

Members online