The Beer Sport

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

^ and to be honest I've never been outside London. Probably a sin, but I wasn't impressed with London so I didn't venture out any further. Not even to Newcastle which team I loosely support.

Mate, I`m English and I wasn`t impressed with London. It`s a city that is too big, too fast, and because it is like that I find it very sterile and unfriendly. But that just be my opinion.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, London is one of the best cities I've been in. Weather notwithstanding...it's a city with so much character. Awsome!

I

Honestly, London is one of the best cities I've been in. Weather notwithstanding...it's a city with so much character. Awsome!

I understand what you mean about buildings etc, but I think because of the speed of life there, nobody seems to have time for anybody there. You can feel very alone there. Just my feeling of course.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand what you mean about buildings etc, but I think because of the speed of life there, nobody seems to have time for anybody there. You can feel very alone there. Just my feeling of course.

Understandable, but fast life is a characteristic all major cities share. I've been to New York, Tokyo, Mumbai, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore...it's all the same. For a beautiful city, I'd say Tokyo is fastest and loneliest of the lot with Paris and Amsterdam being the most relaxed.

Personally I've been a city person all my life. Can live in countryside and enjoy it, but after a week, get the itch to get back into the grind. Don't really think I can live in a 'cabin by the river' kinda setting for a length of time.

I

Understandable, but fast life is a characteristic all major cities share. I've been to New York, Tokyo, Mumbai, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore...it's all the same. For a beautiful city, I'd say Tokyo is fastest and loneliest of the lot with Paris and Amsterdam being the most relaxed.

Personally I've been a city person all my life. Can live in countryside and enjoy it, but after a week, get the itch to get back into the grind. Don't really think I can live in a 'cabin by the river' kinda setting for a length of time.

I love the Scottish highlands myself, as far from humanity as possible, but close to a good pub....lol

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Think Thurso, Orkneys or the Outer Hebrides for example should meet the requirements perfectly ! ;)

I want to visit England and go pub crawling with Buggy. ;) But the wife wants us to go to the Grand Canyon first. :( We can probably only afford to go to New Jersey. :roflmao:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, when do you enjoy your drink more....

After a tiresome workday or during a relaxing holiday?
On a hot summer day or a cold winter evening?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to visit England and go pub crawling with Buggy. ;) But the wife wants us to go to the Grand Canyon first. :( We can probably only afford to go to New Jersey. :roflmao:

NJ is a couple of hrs by car. All you need is gas money :roflmao: If you are near Jersey City, let me know.

I

Ok, when do you enjoy your drink more....

After a tiresome workday or during a relaxing holiday?
On a hot summer day or a cold winter evening?

Especially with a good meal, but when relaxing with friends.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another nice evening at the Marble Arch in Manchester. Great beers, delicious cheese plate and some guys from the BBC philharmonic orchestra played some christmas chorals at the table next to us.
We swapped tabels with them so that they could play.
They made a small, private tour tonight stopping at pubs for a pint and played some songs.
Had some interesting conversations with them, one had a sister that lives in Nuremberg for four years now and doesnt want to come back as she fell in love with Germany ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!