Packers/ravens Super Bowl?

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As good as they are on defense I think its ultimately going to be Flacco that blows it for this team like he has done for the past 2 years.

He hasnt proven to be a clutch leader.

I will remind everyone of their divisional playoff game against the steelers, remember that 2nd half?

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will remind everyone of their divisional playoff game against the steelers, remember that 2nd half?

Flacco has basically been the worst QB in the playoffs over the last several years.

Here are the nine QBs with at least 100 playoff pass attempts since 2008:

Edit: Meh, that didn't post right. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/3mrygvb
Point is, Flacco has been terrible in the playoffs. He has easily the worst stats of any QB with 100 pass attempts since he entered the league.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy to get that team.
Also wouldn't be afraid of the Patriots at all.
And I think those are the 2 likliest teams to make it from the AFC.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flacco has the arm to be a top 5 quarterback, but he lacks brains..
He also seems so slow, like nanchalant .... slow motion. I also don't like the dazed & confused permanent look on his face.
I like QBs like Marino & Peyton & Elway & Rivers, with some passion out there.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
He also seems so slow, like nanchalant .... slow motion. I also don't like the dazed & confused permanent look on his face.
I like QBs like Marino & Peyton & Elway & Rivers, with some passion out there.

If they don't make it to the Super Bowl this year....

I will put money on it being one of his WTF moments, much like the divisional playoff last year when they had 21-7 lead and it slowly disappeared thanks to poor pocket awareness and not looking to your left and right cause that would make you see, you're about to get sacked. Much like when Polamalu forced that fumble on him last year.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Flacco has the arm to be a top 5 quarterback, but he lacks brains.
I don't know how many times he will get sacked and not even look around in the pocket to see if he's got a guy coming for him. He has absolutely no pocket awareness, and against teams that it matters like Pittsburgh, he's usually terrible under pressure.

Yea but he's still a young quarterback, his pocket awareness will come along as he stays in the NFL

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed watching the Ravens so I to would like to see this matchup. As of now I have not seen enough from the Ravens offense to think they could beat Green Bay, I think the Ravens D is a bad matchup for Green Bay because I still feel the offense line is a weakness.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed watching the Ravens so I to would like to see this matchup. As of now I have not seen enough from the Ravens offense to think they could beat Green Bay, I think the Ravens D is a bad matchup for Green Bay because I still feel the offense line is a weakness.

If the Colts more smallish/finesse o line could usually handle the Ravens then why can't Green Bay?

Yes though, this is a prove it year for Flacco but he is young enough that he has gotten some passes. But, he won't probably if he messes up this season. I would feel better about the Ravens chances too if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs. Those suckers like to hang around all year. I hope the Ravens win the North.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of like the Ravens but I can't help but feel as though they could be this years Atlanta Falcons. I want to predict that they will play a very hungry (ala 2010 Packers) or a proven team in the playoffs and get blown up. Baltimore has a better defense than the Falcons did last year but the offenses have a similar look. If you take the running game away from either one of these teams and you make them depend on Ryan/Flacco it doesn't look to pretty.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I kind of like the Ravens but I can't help but feel as though they could be this years Atlanta Falcons. I want to predict that they will play a very hungry (ala 2010 Packers) or a proven team in the playoffs and get blown up. Baltimore has a better defense than the Falcons did last year but the offenses have a similar look. If you take the running game away from either one of these teams and you make them depend on Ryan/Flacco it doesn't look to pretty.

I sorta agree but unlike the Falcons the Ravens have won playoff games with Flacco in recent years. All on the road too.

I am not calling the AFC for sure yet though. I need to see more. I would say Ravens #1 for now as faves, Pats #2. I still suspect there will be a dark horse candidate or two in the AFC by years end who can challenge.Wild card teams in the AFC the last few years have been good at playing spoiler.

In the NFC though I am not sure who I feel matches up well with Green Bay in the playoffs, I don't see any I feel do. I see a few who can challenge the Packers but I would not pick them to beat the Packers. Only thing I feel could hurt the Packers is injuries (well it didn't last year but you know what I mean) so pray for good health and the first seed and take it from there.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I sorta agree but unlike the Falcons the Ravens have won playoff games with Flacco in recent years. All on the road too.

I am not calling the AFC for sure yet though. I need to see more. I would say Ravens #1 for now as faves, Pats #2. I still suspect there will be a dark horse candidate or two in the AFC by years end who can challenge.Wild card teams in the AFC the last few years have been good at playing spoiler.

In the NFC though I am not sure who I feel matches up well with Green Bay in the playoffs, I don't see any I feel do. I see a few who can challenge the Packers but I would not pick them to beat the Packers. Only thing I feel could hurt the Packers is injuries (well it didn't last year but you know what I mean) so pray for good health and the first seed and take it from there.

I think that the most logical Superbowl pick from the AFC would be the Pats right now but everyone seems to think its the Ravens that will go to the big game I think that it will be a surprise team that comes up in the AFC and goes the the Superbowl like maybe the Chargers.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think that the most logical Superbowl pick from the AFC would be the Pats right now but everyone seems to think its the Ravens that will go to the big game I think that it will be a surprise team that comes up in the AFC and goes the the Superbowl like maybe the Chargers.

I wonder how the Titans may do if they win the South. Hasselbeck has postseason experience and the Titans have an underrated D. If they can get Chris Johnson going they could be dangerous. They lost Britt but he was an *******. This team also beat Baltimore.

Pats were the odds faves before the season even started but what else is new. Ravens became the next favorite after the first few weeks.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flacco has basically been the worst QB in the playoffs over the last several years.

Here are the nine QBs with at least 100 playoff pass attempts since 2008:

Edit: Meh, that didn't post right. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/3mrygvb
Point is, Flacco has been terrible in the playoffs. He has easily the worst stats of any QB with 100 pass attempts since he entered the league.

kurt warner was so damn good, if he doesn't get in the hall of fame in the first 1 or two attempts it would be a real shame.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Folks around here would love a Ravens/Packers Super Bowl. I don't think the Ravens will make it though. It's not because of Flacco. I think he has the stuff to not get the team beat. I just don't think the Ravens' D will stay healthy and hold up over the course of the whole season. At this point, in my opinion, the Patriots are the team to beat in the AFC. I don't like 'em, but they are good.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I wonder how the Titans may do if they win the South. Hasselbeck has postseason experience and the Titans have an underrated D. If they can get Chris Johnson going they could be dangerous. They lost Britt but he was an *******. This team also beat Baltimore.

Pats were the odds faves before the season even started but what else is new. Ravens became the next favorite after the first few weeks.

I honestly don't think it's gonna be the Pats or the Ravens that end up in the Superbowl.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
can a 1st ballot future HOFer with several major records be overrated?

Yes you can be very overrated, people give Tom Brady all the credit but look at the amazing receivers he's been givin to work with give the receivers some credit and stop giving Tom Brady so much.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Wow at the Titans today. Houston really rolled them good. *sigh* I guess it's Houston's year to finally win the South but it's still a long season left.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yes you can be very overrated, people give Tom Brady all the credit but look at the amazing receivers he's been givin to work with give the receivers some credit and stop giving Tom Brady so much.

For me with Brady it's at times he has so much time to throw I think any QB could look good. (although the Jets and Cowboys got to him plenty)
They had better D's though in their SB winning season's.

Members online

Latest posts