Packers/ravens Super Bowl?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
BTW back to the original topic for a second again. :)

I told people I know Baltimore/Green Bay after week 1. I had already had GB picked out before that.

So, if I said this and Bogart also did then it's worth watching for obviously. :) These are powerful feelings people. I still am on the lookout for a dark horse but cannot deny the powers of Green Bay and the forces of the bitter Ravens fans wanting to play for the title in the stadium of the organization they still complain about.

I suspect Mayflower trucks would personally bring the Baltimore players to Indy. ;) Would be most fitting.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
There is certainly nothing wrong with giving credit to the team around a QB at times. I have done it plenty. The Pats don't always protect him as well as people think though IMO, depends on the opponent. The Giants SB was alone one of the worst jobs they have done protecting Brady, the Cowboys/Jets both got pressure on him. In the Jets playoff loss last year Brady had to take a lot of sacks since nobody was open most of the time.They still have had some great veteran o lineman over the years and have a great veteran o line coach though.

Nothing wrong with giving the other guys some credit too. It's not always discrediting Brady and putting his all time status down either.

People praise the Packers receivers all the time. I don't think that takes anything away from Aaron. He can't catch his own passes and block for himself either. As good as any QB is, he still needs a team.

I completely agree, now theres an argument ender I respect that response a lot :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So one bad game means a player sucks...or one good game (Ponder) and he is great?

Flaco has done something right, or they never make the playoff...

Dilfer was pure luck and only happened once..But Flaco is good imo

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So one bad game means a player sucks...or one good game (Ponder) and he is great?

Flaco has done something right, or they never make the playoff...

Dilfer was pure luck and only happened once..But Flaco is good imo
Wow not even close to what I said. Dilfer was a ****** QB and Flacco is a ****** QB. Both only won because of great teams.

Flacco's playoff stats:
184 attempts. 98 completions. 53.3% completion. 4 TDs. 7 INTs. 5.71 YPA. 61.6 QB rating.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow not even close to what I said. Dilfer was a ****** QB and Flacco is a ****** QB. Both only won because of great teams.

Flacco's playoff stats:
184 attempts. 98 completions. 53.3% completion. 4 TDs. 7 INTs. 5.71 YPA. 61.6 QB rating.

This year, yeah little slow???

But last 2 he was not bad at all..Wasnt great, but did better then average

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2010

7th ^^^^ and not to bad td to int rate

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2009

13th ^^^^ and was ahead of Palmer..

My point is that Flacco isnt bad at all, and does what he has to

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2010

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2009

He played well in the regular season, but how he played was a big part of it, he was making easy reads and easy throws, and most importantly, his running game was working.

This year, despite the poor stats, he was impressing me with some great touches on deep balls, really great throws. But the decision making, the pre and post snap reads, and the little things (looking off safeties, etc...) still aren't there, and, as shown by his playoff stats, when he faces really good defenses, he struggles mightly.

I'm not saying he's a bust or anything like that, he's still very young and, IIRC, he came out of college as a junior. But he's nowhere near ready to take a team to victory, and, in the playoffs, he cannot just rely on his defense and running game, He's gonna have to make plays to win against teams like Pittsburgh, and right now he can't. Any defense that is able to take away the running game makes him struggle mightly.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Flacco has had 3 bad games so far this year 2 against teams they should have blown out; Baltimore and Tennessee, and one against a team that their defense totally crushed; the Jets.

He sucks, just as I thought.

That's what happens you have a quarterback at Jeff George caliber of having a rocket arm, and no brain at all.

Flacco has ZERO pocket awareness. Just watching him drop back and NEVER look around to see if he's got someone coming for him could make anyone scream their lungs out. That's most of his problem, and at this point he should have already learned you have to look around in the pocket before throwing. I don't know how many times last night he would get blitzed and not even look to see if it was approaching him. With the type of arm power he has, he barely is completing 50% of his passes most the time.

Baltimore is bound to make it to the Super Bowl on their defense, but if they don't, it will be because Flacco, or if they do make it to the Super Bowl, he'll probably blow it for them.
I totally agree on the Trent Dilfer quote, he was a terrible quarterback and anyone could have got a ring behind that defense that year, just like in Chicago, Jim McMahon isn't remembered for being an elite quarterback, he's remembered for snapping the ball and handing it to Walter Payton. If Dan Marino's Dolphins back then had a defense like that, he'd have a ring.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I don't think Baltimore beats New England if they play today. That line of New England is good and will give Brady protection. As you say Joe Flacco is not the caliber QB to make a Superbowl run and this isn't 2k. You can't win a SB without a prolific offense. Especially if you are going to be playing the Pack firing on all cylinders.

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see the Ravens winning 2-3 playoff games. Especially when they lose to the Jaguars. They are good enough to win and be a force against anyone but then they can also stink up the place. One bad game in the playoffs usually gets you kicked out (unless the other team plays like crap too).

I can see them beating the Steelers and losing to the Pats or something. Or even beating the Pats and then losing to the Steelers. And even if they make it to the superbowl, they will probably have us or the saints waiting. It is very hard to win with that offense.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flacco has had 3 bad games so far this year 2 against teams they should have blown out; Baltimore and Tennessee, and one against a team that their defense totally crushed; the Jets.

He sucks, just as I thought.

That's what happens you have a quarterback at Jeff George caliber of having a rocket arm, and no brain at all.

Flacco has ZERO pocket awareness. Just watching him drop back and NEVER look around to see if he's got someone coming for him could make anyone scream their lungs out. That's most of his problem, and at this point he should have already learned you have to look around in the pocket before throwing. I don't know how many times last night he would get blitzed and not even look to see if it was approaching him. With the type of arm power he has, he barely is completing 50% of his passes most the time.

Baltimore is bound to make it to the Super Bowl on their defense, but if they don't, it will be because Flacco, or if they do make it to the Super Bowl, he'll probably blow it for them.
I totally agree on the Trent Dilfer quote, he was a terrible quarterback and anyone could have got a ring behind that defense that year, just like in Chicago, Jim McMahon isn't remembered for being an elite quarterback, he's remembered for snapping the ball and handing it to Walter Payton. If Dan Marino's Dolphins back then had a defense like that, he'd have a ring.
I wouldn't go as far as Jeff George but you hit the nail in the head with the zero pocket awareness.

I couldn't quite grasp what was his worst issue, if it was the reads or the decision making, it's the pocket awareness. He doesn't set his foot and gets nervous when the rush isn't there. I think the issue is his peripheral vision, the guy just can't see what he's not looking directly at. His pick was atrocious, it was a really easy read and he was late, he stared (?) at his receiver the whole time.

Some people say it's not possible to correct bad pocket awareness, but Rodgers is night and day compared to 08, so it can be done... But even in 08 he was much better than Flacco.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as far as Jeff George but you hit the nail in the head with the zero pocket awareness.

I couldn't quite grasp what was his worst issue, if it was the reads or the decision making, it's the pocket awareness. He doesn't set his foot and gets nervous when the rush isn't there. I think the issue is his peripheral vision, the guy just can't see what he's not looking directly at. His pick was atrocious, it was a really easy read and he was late, he stared (?) at his receiver the whole time.

Some people say it's not possible to correct bad pocket awareness, but Rodgers is night and day compared to 08, so it can be done... But even in 08 he was much better than Flacco.

Well Jeff George is what I use for Cutler making ******* decisions, like Flacco has been doing, forcing the ball in triple coverage.

You could probably go 13-3 with Flacco on your team in a video game. I went 13-3 with the terrible Colts team in Tecmo Super Bowl with George as my quarterback, all because I didn't have to depend on his decision making lmao.

Rodgers in 2008, is MUCH better than Flacco, and got to think, he has weapons. Ray Rice, Boldin, that other WR can't remember his name.

But ZERO pocket awareness was his problem last year, and still is.

This is a great example right here. Had he actually dropped back and looked forward, he could have caught this in the corner of his eye.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Jeff George is what I use for Cutler making ******* decisions, like Flacco has been doing, forcing the ball in triple coverage.

You could probably go 13-3 with Flacco on your team in a video game. I went 13-3 with the terrible Colts team in Tecmo Super Bowl with George as my quarterback, all because I didn't have to depend on his decision making lmao.

Rodgers in 2008, is MUCH better than Flacco, and got to think, he has weapons. Ray Rice, Boldin, that other WR can't remember his name.

But ZERO pocket awareness was his problem last year, and still is.

This is a great example right here. Had he actually dropped back and looked forward, he could have caught this in the corner of his eye.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I wasn't comparing Rodgers' 08 to Flacco, just his pocket awareness.

And in that play it's two things, it's pocket awareness but it's also terrible pre-snap read. It's kinda hard to miss Polamalu RIGHT IN HIS FACE yet he never even looks.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ouch that game was painful to watch last night. What a fumble/punt fest! I can't give any props to Baltimore looking like that and stumbling big-league vs TN earlier in the season. I thank Ted/Mike every single time I watch another QB NOT named Rodgers! (OK...maybe not named Brady or Brees either)! Maybe Flacco had an off night but seriously shouldn't this guy be further along in his development than the pathetic game that he coughed up last night? I admit that I am spoiled to be watching A-Rod's MVP season!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh okay, who do you think right now will be in the Superbowl?
Besides the Packers?

I dunno. Hard for me to tell since I don't follow all of football the way other great minds on here do.
I was really hoping for a Colts/Packers match-up.
My gut tells me, from looking at the standings the Pats.
But I also think it could be a surprise team such as the Texans, Bolts or even the Bills.

Thanx for asking even though I'm wishy-washy on this one.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Besides the Packers?

I dunno. Hard for me to tell since I don't follow all of football the way other great minds on here do.
I was really hoping for a Colts/Packers match-up.
My gut tells me, from looking at the standings the Pats.
But I also think it could be a surprise team such as the Texans, Bolts or even the Bills.

Thanx for asking even though I'm wishy-washy on this one.

How insane would it be to see the Bills play in the Superbowl?!

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Flacco is like Vince Young, looked amazing when CJ2K was running well and the play action was working, soon as the running game was taken away....

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts