Official Seattle thread

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a weekly feature in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Online this week that is worth viewing. The 5 Questions for Leroy Butler segment on 1-20-15 discusses the 10 plays that contributed to Sunday's defeat. He and Tom Silverstein address each one of them.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/

he did say if the coaches have told the players exactly what to do and they still dont get it, then you need new coaches...not sure I agree with that, but he has played the game and should have a better graps on how the relationships work on teams

Butler blamed Tramon for the last td--should have had inside coverage --actually said its 1000% tramons fault
Clay for the 3rd and 19? altho thinks it could be a combo of coach and play call..but when pressed says its on clay

Lynch's td end of regulation..Barrington was picked and Butler said that was on coaching as Barrington took wrong angle to avoid the pick and coaches should have told him through out the year how to handle a pick play

Hawk on fake fg was all his fault..stay with your guy..

bostick, was his fault

Rodgers int at Cobb, feels it was all on Rodgers didnt give a real answer, but seems like he thinks since Cobb was so wide open, Rodgers threw to wrong spot

Sky King

Reaction score
he did say if the coaches have told the players exactly what to do and they still dont get it, then you need new coaches...not sure I agree with that, but he has played the game and should have a better graps on how the relationships work on teams

Butler blamed Tramon for the last td--should have had inside coverage --actually said its 1000% tramons fault
Clay for the 3rd and 19? altho thinks it could be a combo of coach and play call..but when pressed says its on clay

Lynch's td end of regulation..Barrington was picked and Butler said that was on coaching as Barrington took wrong angle to avoid the pick and coaches should have told him through out the year how to handle a pick play

Hawk on fake fg was all his fault..stay with your guy..

bostick, was his fault

Rodgers int at Cobb, feels it was all on Rodgers didnt give a real answer, but seems like he thinks since Cobb was so wide open, Rodgers threw to wrong spot
He also faulted Hayward for his coverage mistake on the late completion by not playing to the outside with S help inside. Plus, with 40 yards of open space in front of him Rodgers could have limped for 20 yards and the first down. Instead he threw a short completion that brought 4th and long.

Leroy's repeated statement about when a "new voice" is needed is what really got my attention about coaching (STs). He and Silverstein also discussed How the players may respond to the coaching moving forward, as well as the need for more nasty players on the D.

Overall, a very fair assessment of how the Packers lost a game they should have won.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One final question before moving on from this game. There were plenty of blunders and I think the Packers were asked about all of them. Except for Clinton Dix just letting the guy catch the 2-point hail mary. What was his explanation for that? Truly inexplicable.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Look, I get your frustration, but all you had to do is read the shoutbox today. Hell, it didn't matter what we did, some of the people just stayed in that "doom and gloom mode". There is not much positive that you can take away from a loss, especially one that got away from us like this one did. But we did make it to the championship game, and a lot of people said we wouldn't. 80 percent of the pundits said that we wouldn't be competitive. I know of 5 or 6 that said this would be a easy win for the Seahawks. I don't know what game most people watched, but I don't recall Seattle having an "easy" time with us. I guarantee you, a lot of their fans (most of which were obnoxious, arrogant jerks) were sweating their ***** off through most of the game, and a lot of them even left early thinking they were going to lose. Now, we have to wait another 3 months till the draft and then another 4 months until pre-season, and it will seem like a lifetime, but hopefully we get to the big dance next year.
Wow....how you have changed