Official game 13 pregame thread: Tell Me About The Giants

Reaction score
I'm predicting a 6 seed with having to go to Detroit. That's a winnable game.
If we Win tonight our most likely path is your #6 seed. That Vikings contest could be key.

There would still be an outside shot at missing playoffs and an outside shot at a #3 seed.

It’d be funny if we found our way to a #3 seed. It’s a dream come true if we got a game or two at Lambeau this season.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People still hate Aikman?

He's pretty good at his job; I guess people just like to complain.
He's pretty good if he doesn't dislike a team, or isn't doing a Cowboys game. Doing Cowboy games he's a pure homer, doing Packer games, and he's like a jilted boyfriend, who likes to take little verbal jabs at the gal that told him to shove off.

Anyhow, that's what I've been seeing for years now.

Reaction score
He's pretty good if he doesn't dislike a team, or isn't doing a Cowboys game. Doing Cowboy games he's a pure homer, doing Packer games, and he's like a jilted boyfriend, who likes to take little verbal jabs at the gal that told him to shove off.

That’s how I see Howie Long. You can tell he secretly hates the Packers. It’s the way he smiles when we struggle. He almost can’t speak about us struggling without a subtle grin. :sneaky:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pretty accurate. The guys who do color - Aikman, Collinsworth, Romo - are all opinionated. It's part of their job I guess but they need to keep a check on it. Romo is the only one I like, and only because he doesn't take himself too seriously.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty accurate. The guys who do color - Aikman, Collinsworth, Romo - are all opinionated. It's part of their job I guess but they need to keep a check on it. Romo is the only one I like, and only because he doesn't take himself too seriously.
I like Romo too. He knows how to make the nuts and bolts of plays sound interesting to fans, whereas Aikman is too clinical, and Buck too busy worshiping Troy to disagree.

I wonder if he polishes Aikman's shoes the night before broadcasts?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think this year he has decided not to drink during or before the game and he is making more sense. imho

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just don't see it lol he seems pretty fair to me; maybe I don't care about announcers enough idk

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kenyan Drake activated from PS for tonight. Hope he gets some O snaps, could use his breakaway speed to blow open the game. Dillon inside, Drake bouncing outside...soften up their D for some Love shots! ;) GB 34, Giants 17

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to think that the Packers don't want to expose Alexander's sore shoulder to Saquon Barkley. I cring at the thought of Ballentine getting meaningful snaps. You can bet NY will go after him early and often. If I'm Barry, I would go blitz crazy tonight. Make like exiting for a rookie qb and try to protect back up cornerbacks.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Romo too. He knows how to make the nuts and bolts of plays sound interesting to fans, whereas Aikman is too clinical, and Buck too busy worshiping Troy to disagree.

His probably polishing his knob as I type this.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've had numerous issues over the years....it was redone in 2019 or 2020 and teams and players consistently complained about it - many said it has zero give and literally was sticky.....obviously cushion and forgiveness is pivotal to take strain off muscle groups and tendons....think of it this way, under immense twist/stress sod will rip out and actually allow the leg/ankle...shoulder...to release, turf doesn't. It is why almost all soccer fields are disallowed from having artificial.

Metlife did redo it's turf recently again, and while this one is claimed to be softer it is still turf which has restraints of just how "soft" it really can be.
I saw a recent poll where that place was rated the worst by the fans and players.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't know why Buck is such a suck up for Aikman. Every time I hear "and right here next to me is my partner and HOF QB Troy Aikman" I feel puke puking. Although I give Aikman credit last night for giving the refs **** for slogging through an easy kickoff call with 13 seconds left. "It took them five minutes to figure out what we saw in five seconds" - or something like that.

And yeah, all of these guys understand the game, but Romo is best at breaking it down so it makes sense. He's relatable where Aikman and Collinsworth are just full of themselves. Mike Tirico is too good to have to put up with Collinsworth for very long. Collinsworth is way past his prime in the booth.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to think that the Packers don't want to expose Alexander's sore shoulder to Saquon Barkley. I cring at the thought of Ballentine getting meaningful snaps. You can bet NY will go after him early and often. If I'm Barry, I would go blitz crazy tonight. Make like exiting for a rookie qb and try to protect back up cornerbacks.
DeVito had 26 sacks in four games and last night - nada. The rush was there but they allowed him to step up with nothing but green in front of him. Barry should have kept a LB home on passing plays or put a spy on him after he kept gaining chunks of yards. Barry never adjusted. What a surprise.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'm predicting a 6 seed with having to go to Detroit. That's a winnable game.
Well, I don't know if this happens anymore. Beside the Panthers, the Giants were the easiest team left on the schedule. Playoffs is still reasonable. The 6 seed is still possible. I can't believe I'm talking playoffs with this team at 6-7. The NFC is way down this year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I don't know if this happens anymore. Beside the Panthers, the Giants were the easiest team left on the schedule. Playoffs is still reasonable. The 6 seed is still possible. I can't believe I'm talking playoffs with this team at 6-7. The NFC is way down this year.

You do realize the last couple teams in the playoffs almost yearly are 9 win teams give or take a game. We win 3 of our last five that is where we are - despite being crazy young an inexperienced to this whole thing.

Krabs

Reaction score
Collinsworth is way past his sell-by date. Tirico deserves better and so does the audience.
I know this is the predicting wins thread, but I can't help but touch base on this one. I was just having a conversation with a friend about how there are so many announcer we are hanging on to and for very little reason beyond nostalgia. Al Michaels has gotten terrible. Herbstreit is great. He should probably be with Tirico. I can't believe they are still trotting out Lee Corso on Gameday. Yes, he is beloved, but can barely talk. Bill Cowher, Terry Bradshaw, and freaking Pam Oliver all need to go. The list goes on and on.

Anyway, I give them no wins on the year.

Krabs

Reaction score
You do realize the last couple teams in the playoffs almost yearly are 9 win teams give or take a game. We win 3 of our last five that is where we are - despite being crazy young an inexperienced to this whole thing.
Oh I know, it's crazy. I think they watered down the playoffs by adding an extra seed. If we are honest, we have no business being in the playoff hunt. Regardless, that's where I hope the Packers go and I would be thrilled to see it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is the predicting wins thread, but I can't help but touch base on this one. I was just having a conversation with a friend about how there are so many announcer we are hanging on to and for very little reason beyond nostalgia. Al Michaels has gotten terrible. Herbstreit is great. He should probably be with Tirico. I can't believe they are still trotting out Lee Corso on Gameday. Yes, he is beloved, but can barely talk. Bill Cowher, Terry Bradshaw, and freaking Pam Oliver all need to go. The list goes on and on.

Anyway, I give them no wins on the year.
Yeah you named all of them Krabs. Lee Corso - that's like elder abuse. No network has any business putting him on the air. I do like Herbstreit but he's a play caller, not color, so wouldn't work with Tirico. But pairing him with Michaels is awful. And Bradshaw's dumb hillbilly routine (well, it's not a routine) is so damn old, as is Cowher jutting out his jaw and spitting nonsense.

These are mostly Baby Boomer announcers (like me, except I was smart enough to retire). Even Jimmy Johnson, in spite of his perfectly coiffed hair, is past his prime.

Anyway, we're off topic as you noted.....

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why Buck is such a suck up for Aikman. Every time I hear "and right here next to me is my partner and HOF QB Troy Aikman" I feel puke puking. Although I give Aikman credit last night for giving the refs **** for slogging through an easy kickoff call with 13 seconds left. "It took them five minutes to figure out what we saw in five seconds" - or something like that.

And yeah, all of these guys understand the game, but Romo is best at breaking it down so it makes sense. He's relatable where Aikman and Collinsworth are just full of themselves. Mike Tirico is too good to have to put up with Collinsworth for very long. Collinsworth is way past his prime in the booth.
I didn't think those guys were too bad last night. I'd rather have them than that idiot Collinsworth...

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't think those guys were too bad last night. I'd rather have them than that idiot Collinsworth...
Yeah I don't agree that Aikman has it in for the Packers as some have suggested. As for favoring the Cowboys...... Most of these color guys have played somewhere, so if a comment or two seems slightly slanted, I don't care. Aikman is a booth pro right now, and he's not gonna let his Jon as the Dallas QB affect how the network evaluates him and risk his job. Check out Jason Garrett for a real Cowboys' shill.

I don't care for Aikman because he comes off as too analytical, too cold. And as much as I like Joe Buck for baseball, I dislike him for football for his constant deference to Aikman. It should be the other way around, if anything.

Wouldn't want to have a beer with Aikman. Collinsworth is just cloying. He doesn't come off as sincere. His kid seems the same.

My favorite is Romo. He's surprisingly knowledgeable - well I was surprised- and he's relatable. Out of the three, Romo is a guy I'd like to have a beer with. Well now maybe I'm playing faves because Romo is a Wisconsin boy!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't agree that Aikman has it in for the Packers as some have suggested. As for favoring the Cowboys...... Most of these color guys have played somewhere, so if a comment or two seems slightly slanted, I don't care. Aikman is a booth pro right now, and he's not gonna let his Jon as the Dallas QB affect how the network evaluates him and risk his job. Check out Jason Garrett for a real Cowboys' shill.

I don't care for Aikman because he comes off as too analytical, too cold. And as much as I like Joe Buck for baseball, I dislike him for football for his constant deference to Aikman. It should be the other way around, if anything.

Wouldn't want to have a beer with Aikman. Collinsworth is just cloying. He doesn't come off as sincere. His kid seems the same.

My favorite is Romo. He's surprisingly knowledgeable - well I was surprised- and he's relatable. Out of the three, Romo is a guy I'd like to have a beer with. Well now maybe I'm playing faves because Romo is a Wisconsin boy!
Romo is very good. Very realistic. I also like another Cowboy, the Moose, Daryl Johnston.

Latest posts