Official game 13 pregame thread: Tell Me About The Giants

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really haven't followed them this season. It looks like Daniel Jones is out but they still have Saquon Barkley? Are they worse than the Jets?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are the same. Both at 4-8 with a junior backup QB at the helm.

Their QB DeVito seems to have up and down games, but they have struggled to score consistently. Under pressure, a pick or two is guaranteed.

Get a lead and play aggressive D and we should have this in the bag.

28-17

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt the Giants have anywhere near the defense the Jets have. If they played each other it might be 0-0. I thought I read that Barkley was not playing.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of their record, this will be a test. We beat two very good teams in a row. Now they need to pass the test of not taking a weaker opponent lightly and playing down to their level. But if this team has anything, it's FIRE. Our entire offense has a chip on its shoulder. I think they pass the test with flying colors.

Pack 34 Giants 14

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Week 8

"Jets stun Giants late and earn ugly 13-10 overtime win on Zuerlein's field goal"​

Now I remember this game. I think that Chris Berman called it 'a game straight out of the 70s.' There were something crazy light 16-18 punts in the game. It was like the Iowa Hawkeyes playing the Iowa Hawkeyes. Then it all went crazy, fans were leaving the stadium in the 4th quarter, went to overtime, and all of a sudden the Jets finally moved the ball.

That was overall bad football.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really haven't followed them this season. It looks like Daniel Jones is out but they still have Saquon Barkley? Are they worse than the Jets?
The name Cowboys makes the Giants cringe. 4 of their games are always against Dallas and Philly. We should be playing Barkley and force DeVito to beat us. Their O line is not good. Their D has been on the field most of the year. And they get to receive plenty of kickoffs. Needless to say after winning in Minnesota last January we marked this game as a certain loss. Now go figure.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very worried about this game...truthfully I cringed when I saw we went to the Giants and Vikings...

Young teams are VERY susceptable to trap games IMO...but also young teams know no better and this team is quickly reinforcing the concept of any given Sunday is so true.

That said I think Love ends his pick free streak but still plays quite solidly...I'll go Packers 31 Giants 25 and predict Love goes for around 275 Yards above 60% completion again and yet again tosses 3 TDs albeit with 1 INT too.

Reaction score
If there’s 1 thing we’ve learned? We’ve now got an adequate sample size. We are the #9 rated Defense leaning getting healthy. Our young DB’s are playing to earn a permanent starting role. They make mistakes, but they also play ultra aggressive as seen by the draping deep coverage and punishing Mahomes. He’s lucky he didn’t get injured Sunday. He was battered and tattered imo. Pat is one of, if not THE best to ever play Pro football and we just beat him to a dazed look.

That said, while you never take an opponent for granted, this isn’t Pat Mahomes we’re playing. Our D is allowing 20 points per game. We are #18 in production yards and #9 in what’s important…points
The Giants are a bottom dweller Defense in that #27-28 area.

Offensively the Giants are terrible. #31 in points. They are also #31 in 3rd down % which directly correlates
The Packers are #6 in 3rd down% (44.0) which is a critical stat. We are between Miami and SF49ers in that efficiency with the only other teams ahead of Love n Co? ? Buffalo, Dallas, Philly, KC

It is a road game, but this very young team has shown to travel well. Don’t let the slow start fool ya.. we are 3 INT in the paint from 9-3 and we’ve humbly knelt on the ball in scoring position in 2 more contests. We’re a historically young and talented team just now gaining confidence and that’s dangerous to our opponents. We’re not better than Miami or SF49ers or any of that..yet. We are much better than NY
This Packers team is legit
GB 28
Giants 13

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That said I think Love ends his pick free streak but still plays quite solidly...I'll go Packers 31 Giants 25 and predict Love goes for around 275 Yards above 60% completion again and yet again tosses 3 TDs albeit with 1 INT too.
I ask because I'm genuinely curious even though this will probably come across as snarky. What makes you think the Giants will score 25 when the Chiefs couldn't score 20? They're legitimately a horrible offense.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very worried about this game...truthfully I cringed when I saw we went to the Giants and Vikings...

Young teams are VERY susceptable to trap games IMO...but also young teams know no better and this team is quickly reinforcing the concept of any given Sunday is so true.

This is when the coaching has to keep the players on an even keel. Only a handful of our players started in a playoff game. They cannot let the players get over thrilled by one good play. Nor can they allow them to loose their MOJO with one bad play. MLF must remind the team how the Giants stole one last year. And he cannot try to be cute just because it is a lesser opponent. The Giants have to play spoiler and MLF cannot let them spoil it.

Reaction score
The only outlier for GB is the impact of missing #9 as he is a legitimate problem for Defenses. They can’t cover him on most days.

Tommy Devito has played good when called upon. He’s has a 2-1 record as a starter. However those 2 Wins came against 2-10 and 4-7 record teams. He's good for a QB3, but he’s still very green. When facing the only team with a Winning record (Dallas) he scored 17. I’d be surprised if Devito scores more than 23 points against our Defense. I’d guess NY scores more in that 13-21 points area. Although I doubt NY holds the Packers to under 20 pts.

One thing we need to mitigate is Devito running the ball. He’s not big at 6’1” X 210lb, but he is pretty quick and athletic QB (4.64X40). He’s not afraid to run when his pocket is compromised.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the GB pass rush doesn't have a minimum of 8 sacks I'llbe shocked. Except for LT their OL is garbage. Love needs to keep making good decisions & moving the ball. Should be able to both run & pass to put points up. Avoid dumb mistakes &/or playing flat.

Reaction score
If the GB pass rush doesn't have a minimum of 8 sacks I'llbe shocked. Except for LT their OL is garbage. Love needs to keep making good decisions & moving the ball. Should be able to both run & pass to put points up. Avoid dumb mistakes &/or playing flat.
Yes. I think I saw where Danny Tommy Devito got sacked 9 times against WTF and still Won, putting up 31 points

One small disclosure though Washington had 6 Turnovers :laugh:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably try to use Barkley and then go with quick release short passes. Against a team like this go for the ball.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly think this becomes a trapish game where we struggle some.

Trappish is fine, but I don't think it's going to be trappish to the point of the Giants doing something they've only done x2 during the year and something the Packers have only allowed x2 and that is giving up 25+

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trappish is fine, but I don't think it's going to be trappish to the point of the Giants doing something they've only done x2 during the year and something the Packers have only allowed x2 and that is giving up 25+

I don’t doubt you’re right, was just where gut went quick as I see a quick failure or two happening early. Very likely this defense continues to keep teams beneath 20 and realistically if we keep playing like we have it should be something like 31-10

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The name Cowboys makes the Giants cringe. 4 of their games are always against Dallas and Philly. We should be playing Barkley and force DeVito to beat us. Their O line is not good. Their D has been on the field most of the year. And they get to receive plenty of kickoffs. Needless to say after winning in Minnesota last January we marked this game as a certain loss. Now go figure.
I haven't really followed the Giants much, other than to know their starting QB is out.

But what happened to them this year? They had a great 2022-2023 season, won one playoff game and now, pfffft....... Were there excessive injuries, difficult schedule? I just remember the NFC East as being on fire last year. Well, with Philly and Dallas, that's still true I guess.

Either Philly or more likely Dallas will be a wild card with an 12-5 or 13-4 season, maybe better. And that while the NFC South winner could easily be below .500 and get a home playoff game. No justice, sometimes.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I truly think this becomes a trapish game where we struggle some.
Agree. Another learning experience for the young guys. The coaches and veterans need to lead with knowledge and strength this week. This IS the definition of "Trap Game". They need to defeat the trap.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't really followed the Giants much, other than to know their starting QB is out.

But what happened to them this year? They had a great 2022-2023 season, won one playoff game and now, pfffft....... Were there excessive injuries, difficult schedule? I just remember the NFC East as being on fire last year. Well, with Philly and Dallas, that's still true I guess.

Either Philly or more likely Dallas will be a wild card with an 12-5 or 13-4 season, maybe better. And that while the NFC South winner could easily be below .500 and get a home playoff game. No justice, sometimes.
Daniel Jones is what happened imho. He is not really that good. Last year he used his legs very effectively toward the end of the year. But defenses caught up with that. I really don't know anything about their O or D lines.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniel Jones is what happened imho. He is not really that good. Last year he used his legs very effectively toward the end of the year. But defenses caught up with that.
...but not before the Giants paid Jones $40mil/yr!! They are saddled with a mediocre QB & 4 yr cap committment (possibleout before '25 or '26 season). They've been flailing around attempting to build a decent OL for years & '23 is no different. By man, they consistently rank near the bottom at each position. MLF needs to get GB on the board early & often, and keep his footon the gas for 60 minutes. Teach this young team to roll over & trounce bad teams, not play down & not embarrass them. Screw it, embarrass them if they're that bad!