Official game 13 pregame thread: Tell Me About The Giants

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, Boyz will be playing for home field possibly depending what happens by then, Vikings are always tough at their house and Broncos are a wildcard.

Look it would take us running table and them losing two more after today….but it appears that first loss is quite possible with twelve minutes left.
So if the Packers beat the Giants tonight, they're 7-6 to the Lions 9-4. So the Packers need to win the remaining four games, and the Lions need to lose two. I can see them losing to the Cowboys and possible the Broncos. The Queens are just plain bad w/o Cousins.

Anyway let's just say the Packers and Bears are tied at the end of the year. Who wins the tiebreaker?

This is a real long shot. The good news is that the Packers have a solid path to a playoff game, even a sixth seed. Way more than I ever expected from them this year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if the Packers beat the Giants tonight, they're 7-6 to the Lions 9-4. So the Packers need to win the remaining four games, and the Lions need to lose two. I can see them losing to the Cowboys and possible the Broncos. The Queens are just plain bad w/o Cousins.

Anyway let's just say the Packers and Bears are tied at the end of the year. Who wins the tiebreaker?

This is a real long shot. The good news is that the Packers have a solid path to a playoff game, even a sixth seed. Way more than I ever expected from them this year.

Believe tie breaking if we were to split is either divisional record or conference record then.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander ruled out. I doubt they played Jones on that turf. The injuries are ridiculous here. Once again double figures on the injury report and looking at the possibility of a third of our starters not playing. What's going on?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe tie breaking if we were to split is either divisional record or conference record then.
Yeah it's conference record first, then divisional. So the viking games will be important.

At this point I'm elated they have a real shot at the playoffs, even a sixth seed. Six weeks ago I would have said that's nuts. What's best is that they really are playing good football and trending up. It's a lot more fun than last year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander ruled out. I doubt they played Jones on that turf. The injuries are ridiculous here. Once again double figures on the injury report and looking at the possibility of a third of our starters not playing. What's going on?

Truthfully leaving Metlife without significant injuries may be a better thing than a win even honestly.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhmm they lost today to the Bears. Their remaining schedule:

Broncos
@Vikes
@Cowboys
Vikes

Now certainly that kind of makes the Vikings in the driver seat if they beat the Lions twice. The Lions could very well win all 4 games. At the same time they may very well not win another. Broncos are very hot even though it's in Detroit. At the Vikes (even though they looked like crap) and at the Cowboys will be extremely difficult. And the Week 18 game is a toss up.

If green Bay can go 4-1/5-0...they can catch the Lions. Will they catch the Vikes? That's all dependent on the game in Minnesota
It will be interesting. None of the games are out in the cold. I still think Vikes cannot go far without Cousins. Otherwise these would have been a battle.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let us not get ahead of ourselves. Try winning one game that is in front of us.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember Clueless? I mean Quarless.
Oh, certainly. That's what I meant when I said the only good thing to come from Finley's injury was forcing AR to start looking elsewhere. Finley, in five games, had 21 catches. Lee, Quarless, and Crabtree, together, had 36 recepts in the whole regular season and 12 in the four playoff games.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What's going on is that its the NFL and injuries happen.

At this point for this season Jones, Watson and Alexander are parked on the report. Who the hell knows with Alexander... I think there is more to the story than just 'injury'.

Other than that, it's 6 guys not double. Unless you want to count IR, but then well... every team probably is at or close to double. Watson, Alexander are out, Walker doubtful (so probably out). The others are questionable. I'm not particularly panicking about Savage and Stokes not playing because they haven't.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine if we were able to get rid of both Bahktiari and Jaire's contracts. We could really add some healthy studs to this roster.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rooting for underdogs..I guess. That and Dan Campbell is a ******..him and his punk team need a reality slap!
Campbell is a moron. In the game yesterday he decides to go for it on 4th down inside his own 40 with plenty of time in the 4th quarter. They don't make the line to gain and essentially gave the Bears a gimme FG to extend their lead. After the game he says he needs to be tougher on his team. Hey Einstein! Try not being a lunatic with your play calls first before you deride your players!

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People still hate Aikman?

He's pretty good at his job; I guess people just like to complain.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caution. That's a horrible place to play. Not worth the risk. Dillon is going to have to play big again.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The Giants have the least amount of yardage in the entire league this year. They're dead last. They score 13.2 points per game, which is only ahead of the Patriots by 0.2 points. They are an abysmal offense. The Packers are 12th in the league in scoring at 21.5 points per game. The Giants are ranked 21st in the league against the pass and 24th against the run. They're 23rd in points allowed. Their defense is pretty bad. They're also 2nd to last in the league with only 21 sacks on the year. The Packers should be able to put up some points and control the ball in this game. If they score 21 points, which I think they will, they win this game. I'm going 27-14 Packers with the W.

And as a side note, Jordon Love is my favorite player.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score

I'm predicting a 6 seed with having to go to Detroit. That's a winnable game.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caution. That's a horrible place to play. Not worth the risk. Dillon is going to have to play big again.
What is wrong with the turf at MetLife?

It's outdoors, so is it natural turf, artificial, or one of those weird combos? Just from the Rodgers injury, it looks like velcro the way a player has his feet held in place.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's outdoors, so is it natural turf, artificial, or one of those weird combos? Just from the Rodgers injury, it looks like velcro the way a player has his feet held in place.
I believe it's that crap with the ground up recycled tires for a substrate. Awful stuff.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They've had numerous issues over the years....it was redone in 2019 or 2020 and teams and players consistently complained about it - many said it has zero give and literally was sticky.....obviously cushion and forgiveness is pivotal to take strain off muscle groups and tendons....think of it this way, under immense twist/stress sod will rip out and actually allow the leg/ankle...shoulder...to release, turf doesn't. It is why almost all soccer fields are disallowed from having artificial.

Metlife did redo it's turf recently again, and while this one is claimed to be softer it is still turf which has restraints of just how "soft" it really can be.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great idea. Looking past an opponent is a sure way to lose a game. Looking past an opponent is a sure way for fans to get disappointed.
This is new territory for much of our roster. The kids have not been through this before. I hope they are up to it.
Great idea. Looking past an opponent is a sure way to lose a game. Looking past an opponent is a sure way for fans to get disappointed.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've had numerous issues over the years....it was redone in 2019 or 2020 and teams and players consistently complained about it - many said it has zero give and literally was sticky.....obviously cushion and forgiveness is pivotal to take strain off muscle groups and tendons....think of it this way, under immense twist/stress sod will rip out and actually allow the leg/ankle...shoulder...to release, turf doesn't. It is why almost all soccer fields are disallowed from having artificial.

Metlife did redo it's turf recently again, and while this one is claimed to be softer it is still turf which has restraints of just how "soft" it really can be.
I recall that still photo when Rodgers tore his achilles. It looked like his foot was anchored to the turf and his knee was down at an impossible angle to his foot. You can see how far up the calf muscle moved once the achilles was severed.

With so much at stake, it amazes me an adequate playing surface hasn't been found, and standardized, across the NFL. If that's even possible.