Official game 13 pregame thread: Tell Me About The Giants

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were pretty good against Coughlin in the regular season but in the playoffs his game plans were remarkable.
Yeah in the two Eli Manning SB wins, I recall the Giants had very average teams and I thought were a wild card in one, if not both games. I thought one win was from the 6th and last seed. Those Coughlin teams were very good when the lights were brightest.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Ah that's right! Good catch weeds. Yeah the Pats were 18-0 going into that SB. I know I didn't think the Giants could possibly beat GB (wrong) and that the Giants would never beat the Pats and all those old Dolphins players would finally shut up. Wrong again.

Was that the SB with the "helmet catch" and was Randy Moss with the Pats? Finally, I remember BB running off the field without shaking Coughlin's hand. I think. It was 2008.
Yes... on all of it.

Thing about that Giants team was that got hot down the stretch like the Pack did during the 2010 season and the 2011 Super Bowl.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes... on all of it.

Thing about that Giants team was that got hot down the stretch like the Pack did during the 2010 season and the 2011 Super Bowl.
Exactly. I think that team in 2010-2011 barely got in the playoffs as the 6th seed, then defeated Philly, Atlanta, and the Bears all on the road. And then they beat the Steelers in the SB. That team also had a killer defense, I think, with CMIII making a huge play near the end of the game.

Reaction score
Exactly. I think that team in 2010-2011 barely got in the playoffs as the 6th seed, then defeated Philly, Atlanta, and the Bears all on the road. And then they beat the Steelers in the SB. That team also had a killer defense, I think, with CMIII making a huge play near the end of the game.
Yea. All 3 levels were making big plays. Raji dropping into coverage? How did they miss that!
Can you imagine trying to tackle BJ Raji on a full tilt lean into the Endzone? He wasn’t being denied of that TD. If I recall a few guys just kinda bounced off him like mosquitos in the breeze. The Raji hip sway was a precious moment :roflmao:

The Giants. They’ll have to hold us under 20 points to win this one imo. The Giants best chance is beating us on the ground. IF NY can limit GB possessions and control the clock by using a punishing ground game, that might get Giants thinking they’re actually good

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That season Rodgers missed a game and a half due to concussion. We also lost 2 games in OT that were very winnable. Defense actually was pretty decent against the run. But losing Ryan Grant in Week One and Jermichael about 4 weeks later were killers. Throw in all the defensive IRs and it was unheard of how we even made the postseason.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin Greene to Clay

It is time.

Clay knocked out the ball from their rb. Forgot his name

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Go
Lions looked bad early. They are struggling against the Bears.

Ideal situation: Bears give them a loss, reduce their draft position, and don't draft a QB because Fields may yet be the answer.
Go Chicago!!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions remaining schedule:
Broncos
@Vikes
@Cowboys
Vikes
Loss at Bears leaves them 9-4. Never say never... ;)

Yup, Boyz will be playing for home field possibly depending what happens by then, Vikings are always tough at their house and Broncos are a wildcard.

Look it would take us running table and them losing two more after today….but it appears that first loss is quite possible with twelve minutes left.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way the Rams and Bucs are playing we may need to win out. The way they and the bears are playing maybe the only gimme on the remaining schedule is Carolina

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd root for that too, but we're not catching the Lions.

Not sure I agree. Now that the Lions are going to lose today, if we win tomorrow we’ll only be two games behind.

I get that it’s rather unlikely that we’ll catch them, but it’s still something to root for.

Only thing is, now I have to wonder if the resurgent Bears will be a problem against us …

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure I agree. Now that the Lions are going to lose today, if we win tomorrow we’ll only be two games behind.

I get that it’s rather unlikely that we’ll catch them, but it’s still something to root for.

Only thing is, now I have to wonder if the resurgent Bears will be a problem against us …
I'm thinking the way our " soft schedule "opponents are playing maybe the only game we can really count on as a surefire win is the Panthers.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That season Rodgers missed a game and a half due to concussion. We also lost 2 games in OT that were very winnable. Defense actually was pretty decent against the run. But losing Ryan Grant in Week One and Jermichael about 4 weeks later were killers. Throw in all the defensive IRs and it was unheard of how we even made the postseason.
Never trailed by more than a score

Next man up at its finest:
Zombo
Peprah
Bishop
Jenkins
Jackson/Starks
Bulaga

No next man up for Finley, but it made AR start spreading the ball around to Driver, Nelson, Jennings, Jones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bears are still very limited offensively. Not much run game, DJ Moore is their main receiving threat, & Fields using his legs when allowed. Their DL is better with Sweat but they're not world-beaters. They're approaching "ok", but are manageable, especially at Lambeau IF GB has a reason to win.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way the Rams and Bucs are playing we may need to win out.

No the Packers do not need to win out to make the playoffs. Playing around with the playoff machine, if they are 10-7, I don't see any way of them not making the playoffs even losing to TB.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably needs it's own thread, but WTH is going on with Alexander? Healthy enough to practice, not healthy enough to play, not injured enough for IR?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never trailed by more than a score

Next man up at its finest:
Zombo
Peprah
Bishop
Jenkins
Jackson/Starks
Bulaga

No next man up for Finley, but it made AR start spreading the ball around to Driver, Nelson, Jennings, Jones
Remember Clueless? I mean Quarless.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd root for that too, but we're not catching the Lions.
Uhmm they lost today to the Bears. Their remaining schedule:

Broncos
@Vikes
@Cowboys
Vikes

Now certainly that kind of makes the Vikings in the driver seat if they beat the Lions twice. The Lions could very well win all 4 games. At the same time they may very well not win another. Broncos are very hot even though it's in Detroit. At the Vikes (even though they looked like crap) and at the Cowboys will be extremely difficult. And the Week 18 game is a toss up.

If green Bay can go 4-1/5-0...they can catch the Lions. Will they catch the Vikes? That's all dependent on the game in Minnesota

Members online

Latest posts