Is Finley Unhappy?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever issues he may have, I trust in the Packers staff to handle it.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Unreal, why do some of these guys act like such prima-donnas?

Whether or not he admits it, he's crying about this. :facepalm:

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
He's a talent and he knows it. He just hasn't figured out how to express himself without sounding like an ***. He's no threat to this locker room. The rest of the posse will set him right. He is right though. We can't allow them to take away our biggest red zone weapon. I don't like to see Rodgers run. Makes me very nervous.

Sums it up perfectly. Finley is far from a locker room cancer. It is a little immature and short-sighted to not realize that just having him on the field makes him very good because of how it opens up the field for everyone else.

D.J. Williams, Quarless, Ryan Taylor, and Tom Crabtree combined can't make up what Finley brings as a receiver. This isn't a giant problem, I'm sure the coaches and players will talk him down a little bit and everything will be fine.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sums it up perfectly. Finley is far from a locker room cancer. It is a little immature and short-sighted to not realize that just having him on the field makes him very good because of how it opens up the field for everyone else.

D.J. Williams, Quarless, Ryan Taylor, and Tom Crabtree combined can't make up what Finley brings as a receiver. This isn't a giant problem, I'm sure the coaches and players will talk him down a little bit and everything will be fine.

Exactly. When I hear the phrase "locker room cancer," I think of T.O.. Finley and T.O. are not even on the same planet in terms of behavior.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Exactly. When I hear the phrase "locker room cancer," I think of T.O.. Finley and T.O. are not even on the same planet in terms of behavior.

Yep, you never hear that the team or coaches are sick of Finley. They praise him and his work ethic. They do realize that Finley is a different sort of character but come on, he's not dividing the locker room or anything.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts as well. It wouldn't hurt to devise a way to get him the ball in double coverage, so that Rodgers isn't having to scramble and get sacked or go for a run and potentially get hit.
That's what the old guy would do. Force it if doubled if that was the pre-plan.
Rodgers goes to his 2 and 3 and 4 option and finds the open guy.
That's directly reflected in the Int totals of Rodgers and Favre.

But I agree, Gonzalez or Gates would not have whined like this if they had WRs benefitting occasionally from teams doubling them, if it led to win after win. I thought us winning the Super Bowl without J-Mike might keep the ME attitude from emerging from J-Mike.

His talent was never the reason he was only a 3rd round draft pick.
The lesson here, boys and girls, is you should NEVER COMPLAIN about anything PERSONAL, AFTER A WIN in which your TEAM SCORED 49 points.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to side with Ted on this one. He basically says he doesn't see anything wrong with the things Finley says. Finley is a very confident guy, and most of what he says is a reflection of that, nothing more.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He obviously wants to improve and was just frustrated of his performance on Sunday. He's the kind of guy who expects great things from good things. I'm pretty sure that when the Packers scored 49 points on Sunday, he thinks they should've scored 56.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Finley and his wife are involved in the community...they're out there pitching in... at first glance, I too thought he was going to be on of those prima donnas but... the guy has been fine. Nothing in the local media, who tend to moderate things moreso than the Milwaukee media who will blow things up for effect ... this guy is good and he knows it but as was pointed out before, he is young and brash and well...that's the way it is. Unfortunately, I don't hold out much hope for JFin being back. Also unfortunately, he'd probably end up signing up with a team that doesn't have a QB delivery system that Green Bay does and it would be one big contract ... then a career as a 'journeyman'.

No issue here...

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I don't think he's unhappy at all. The fact of the matter is he's up for a new contract next season and all this "give me the damn ball" crap is just him wanting to prove that he's a playmaker and worthy of a big contract.

I don't think it's complete selfishness, I think he's fully aware that he's part of a team, he just wants to prove himself and rightfully so. The guy has not played a full season since he was drafted. so he has a lot to prove.

Also it could just be him having to adjust from getting a TON of looks in week 3 and basically none in week 4.

But I think everyone knows how good he is. I hope he can just shut his mouth and play though, he's an incredible talent and it would be a shame if he was released due to his behavior which we all know TT doesn't like.

Unfortunately I think he won't be back next year judging by all the tight ends we've been signing and drafting. Quarless and DJ Williams have shown promise but they aren't Finley and they can't stretch the field like he can.

I hope he gets off the soapbox and just shows up, otherwise he'll be catching passes for some sh!tty QB on a Sh!tty team next season.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't think he's unhappy at all. The fact of the matter is he's up for a new contract next season and all this "give me the damn ball" crap is just him wanting to prove that he's a playmaker and worthy of a big contract.

I don't think it's complete selfishness, I think he's fully aware that he's part of a team, he just wants to prove himself and rightfully so. The guy has not played a full season since he was drafted. so he has a lot to prove.

Also it could just be him having to adjust from getting a TON of looks in week 3 and basically none in week 4.

But I think everyone knows how good he is. I hope he can just shut his mouth and play though, he's an incredible talent and it would be a shame if he was released due to his behavior which we all know TT doesn't like.

Unfortunately I think he won't be back next year judging by all the tight ends we've been signing and drafting. Quarless and DJ Williams have shown promise but they aren't Finley and they can't stretch the field like he can.

I hope he gets off the soapbox and just shows up, otherwise he'll be catching passes for some sh!tty QB on a Sh!tty team next season.

Gosh, if they can't tell he's worthy of a big contract, then they've been drinking from Matt Millen's mug. I know there is a reservation about his health. But, really all he has to do is prove he can stay healthy and isn't "brittle". He'll have a great season and get the big contract when it's over. From what I can tell, the Pack still have a little left for one more good contract extension. I think his will be it.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying it for his entire career: I don't care how talented the guy is, he's a locker room cancer. Considering the Packers have nobody else right now who they have to even try to censor, Finley is the one disruptive force that could manage to cause problems in the locker room.

He's a matchup nightmare, but he's also a PR nightmare. Packers have plenty of weapons, and frankly did even better on offense last year once he went down. I hope they don't resign him. Too much money, too much headache. Quarless and DJ Williams can fill in for him.
he is a locker room cancer? WTF!! you are a forum cancer.how dare you come in here and call Finley a disruptive force. You did not even read the article, you just read the title and the first few negative comments.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Finley being finley. Just laugh and move on. Hope we lock up him up long term. Dude is a beast.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying it for his entire career: I don't care how talented the guy is, he's a locker room cancer. Considering the Packers have nobody else right now who they have to even try to censor, Finley is the one disruptive force that could manage to cause problems in the locker room.

He's a matchup nightmare, but he's also a PR nightmare. Packers have plenty of weapons, and frankly did even better on offense last year once he went down. I hope they don't resign him. Too much money, too much headache. Quarless and DJ Williams can fill in for him.

Not a chance, dude. Quarless doesn't even come close to filling in for Finley. He's average at best at this point of his career. And he wasn't exactly raging about it. If Quarless was out there instead, Jennings and the gang would not have had such a big day because they would have had more attention on them and Quarless would not have made them pay for it. I watched him play last year and he didn't make anyone pay for anything very often.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Honestly thats just J-mike being J-mike. I don't see it as him complaining, as much as just being a little cocky and sort of playing up to what people know him as- if that makes sense.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The Coach apparently had a talk with him and he's happy now. I would love to have been a fly on the wall to listen to that meeting.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is a locker room cancer? WTF!! you are a forum cancer.how dare you come in here and call Finley a disruptive force. You did not even read the article, you just read the title and the first few negative comments.

Lol, settle down dude. I read the article, I also know Finley's history. Maybe "locker room cancer" was a bad choice of words, but he definitely IS a PR nightmare. From *****ing about not getting the ball his rookie year, to the team photo thing, to this, to numerous other instances he's opened his mouth and made the organization cringe... there's no denying that he's got no filter and comes off as extremely selfish a lot of times.

But lol @ your reaction.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let 'em lose a game or two. Then we'll see how James Jones, Jermichael Finley and everyone else is acting.

(Hopefully they won't lose a game or two though :) ).

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sucks Finley had to say something on that level... when Driver gets 1 or 2 catches or Jennings they don't say a word, even Nelson. I did hear Jones was frustrated he didn't get the ball either. They should forget about the stats and focus on one thing: a Super Bowl ring.

C'mon Finley wake up!

Reaction score
In his latest video on Packers.com he said he didn't care if he got double teamed or didn't get the ball as long as they keep winning and get back to the "big game"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts