Game 7 - Minnesota- Studs and Duds

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot express how much their obsession with Dillon offends me, his usage has become a crusade to show how smart they are and how useful he is.

MLF is an incompetent, soft coach, propped up by Rodgers; overcomplicates the game and thinks he is way, way smarter than he actually is.

Jaire is the most overrated player in the league, I've been saying it for years.

Love isn't good and never will be.

This team is infuriating to watch, so I think I'll stop watching them.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot express how much their obsession with Dillon offends me.

MLF is an incompetent, soft coach, propped up by Rodgers; overcomplicates the game and thinks he is way, way smarter than he actually is.

Jaire is the most overrated player in the league, I've been saying it for years.

I fully expect the Packers to go like 4-13 and their first offseason move to be something like signing Dillon to a 3 year, 15 million dollar extension.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot express how much their obsession with Dillon offends me, his usage has become a crusade to show how smart they are and how useful he is.

They even said Jones is still not 100%. I fully expect Dillon's use to continue until Jones is actually fully healthy.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They even said Jones is still not 100%. I fully expect Dillon's use to continue until Jones is actually fully healthy.
Obviously his miniscule amount of touches isn't doing anything for the offense. If this is the way it was going to be, why not just stash him on IR until he's ready to be full go and at least gain some additional roster flexibility on game day?

I don't know who is benefitting from his current usage because it isn't the Packers and it isn't Jones.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean with a hof qb and better offensive players they struggled last year too?
Almost exactly like they have this year. To the day. It's deja vu..... just a different trigger man and different WR's and TE's. The results have been practically identical.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously his miniscule amount of touches isn't doing anything for the offense. If this is the way it was going to be, why not just stash him on IR until he's ready to be full go and at least gain some additional roster flexibility on game day?

I don't know who is benefitting from his current usage because it isn't the Packers and it isn't Jones.
Exactly

If Jones isn’t healthy enough to be relied on yet then it’s either a waste of a roster space, unnecessary wear on AJ, or a little of both.

It’d be one thing if it were late in the year and we were pushing for playoffs or trying to make a late run and needed to squeeze every last drop of performance out of wherever we could. But that’s not the case. Giving Jones a few pity touches or whatever is not helping him and it’s not helping the team.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly

If Jones isn’t healthy enough to be relied on yet then it’s either a waste of a roster space, unnecessary wear on AJ, or a little of both.

It’d be one thing if it were late in the year and we were pushing for playoffs or trying to make a late run and needed to squeeze every last drop of performance out of wherever we could. But that’s not the case. Giving Jones a few pity touches or whatever is not helping him and it’s not helping the team.
Yes, either play him or sit him. I can't help but think LaFlower wants to prove Dillon was a good draft pick or he wants some trade value for him. Neither is happening. What in the world is he doing running Dillon into the line on the goal line (more than once)? When we need to be thinking about how much time is left.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packsnack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love underthrew open receivers multiple times against Vikes, weak arm. Badgers QB Locke throws WAY harder than Love. Love does not see the field well, GB erred in picking him - virtually no other team had him as upper rounds on their board. For those who are saying for the 2024 top draft pick, get a QB - it's Gutey making the pick, and he likely won't pick a QB because that would be admitting he was wrong. This guy is pretty much single-handedly gutting the franchise. What you're seeing is his vision on the field - ouch.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who said?
If Jones is limited because he isn't fully healthy, even his own brother isn't aware of it.

don't have the time to link all the stories or direct interview but here ya go is one:

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“We’re still gonna be smart with him. I don’t think he’s 100% by any stretch.”

Dude is really secure in his job, huh?

You don't have the luxury to manage injuries conservatively anymore. You need wins. You need points. You need something resembling a pro offense. You are being exposed.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love underthrew open receivers multiple times against Vikes, weak arm. Badgers QB Locke throws WAY harder than Love. Love does not see the field well, GB erred in picking him - virtually no other team had him as upper rounds on their board. For those who are saying for the 2024 top draft pick, get a QB - it's Gutey making the pick, and he likely won't pick a QB because that would be admitting he was wrong. This guy is pretty much single-handedly gutting the franchise. What you're seeing is his vision on the field - ouch.

You don't go QB this year there is mounds of reasons before you get to "not admitting he was wrong" although of course that is one of many reasons.

However, personally - now I'm of course not in the inner circles or privy to closed practice times and such...but this staff and even Aaron Rodgers are very confident that Love is a capable QB for this league. Now there is a massive difference between say a capable QB in this league and one you see possible SB winning title occurring before his name for sure.

BUT, many just fail to remember it was not long ago that this league saw the Jaguars go incredibly young, have a rookie Lawrence toss 12 TDs / 17 INTs have roster full of young bucks flopping and winning just 3 games, with 8 of those being by more than one possession. Then the next year 9-8 and now this year they're 6-2 atm. Lawrence looked terrible his rookie year, TERRIBLE.

One of the main reasons you don't go QB is multi-faceted but very apparent. This roster sucks - especially offensively. You don't even have a seasoned long term veteran on offense to illustrate or coach the young guys during the week and on gamedays. Wrong routes, blocking assignment failures, injuries and insane number of drops at times...mix in deep ball inaccuracies by Love and it is just a bad season.

It is rare you get draft equity at the top 10 spots either to trade back and pick up possibly immense next year equity should Love absolutely confirm he is not the one for the future or stay and perhaps add a transcendent skill guy you really like perhaps a TE prospect unheard of in years like Bowers...or you grab one of the elite WRs in this draft....or go nab your day one LT of the future...or stay positional value and add an edge with the knowledge Preston is done or in likely his last year with GB in 2024 perhaps. That approach builds a better team around Love....drafting a QB in the top end of the draft I'll go on record as saying is ignorant to do from a roster stance IMO at this moment....ESPECIALLY if it is Williams (immature manchild)....

Reaction score
Issue with mock engines and trade backs is quite random. I personally only think this year someone gives up a fleece of picks if Williams and/or Maye is the reason why. Everyone used to say Marvin Harrison Jr too, but I'll be honest there are a lot of DAMN good WRs in this draft and I don't know if the spread from MHjr to Coleman is that massive really. We shall see....
Yeah I know. Mocks are not realistic at all. But a #1 is still a desirable pick and just trading back a few spots still lands us either a 2nd rounder, a quality player or in many cases both.
We got exposed a little more with MN. Although they really are not that as bad a team as their record shows. They started slow but they are Probably a 10-7 type strength team.

Some games our score doesn’t reflect our beatdown. This game was different as we were in position to score or had drives stalled to self inflicted mistakes and I noticed refs were letting the DB’s play. Yet we played zone? It was a weird way to utilize our secondary imo. It was blatantly obvious these refs were more liberal downfield. A good DC would’ve picked up on that and changed up.
I’ll compliment MN. They played ultra aggressive against our WR snd TE group and they got away with several PI or holds that stopped key drives. The Vikings played smart and aggressive and once they surmised the Refs weren’t calling DB’s with holding they just mauled or guys down the field. Smart DC

Last edited:

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the main reasons you don't go QB is multi-faceted but very apparent. This roster sucks - especially offensively. You don't even have a seasoned long term veteran on offense to illustrate or coach the young guys during the week and on gamedays. Wrong routes, blocking assignment failures, injuries and insane number of drops at times...mix in deep ball inaccuracies by Love and it is just a bad season.

I think "sucks" over-sells the badness, but you are closer to right that wrong. Other than LT, I think the other 10 (or ~13, depending on how you count the 3rd WR, 2nd TE, etc) are adequate. Add one special skills-position player and an adequate LT, the entire offense would look better.

I hoped Watson would be that guy, he certainly finished 2022 looking like that guy. He may yet BE that guy, but he isn't right now.

It is rare you get draft equity at the top 10 spots either to trade back and pick up possibly immense next year equity should Love absolutely confirm he is not the one for the future or stay and perhaps add a transcendent skill guy you really like perhaps a TE prospect unheard of in years like Bowers...or you grab one of the elite WRs in this draft....or go nab your day one LT of the future...or stay positional value and add an edge with the knowledge Preston is done or in likely his last year with GB in 2024 perhaps. That approach builds a better team around Love....

I am in complete agreement here. Ideally, we can find a special player for offense. I don't care if he's a WR, a TE, or a RB in the mold of McCaffrey, but could use someone to scare the defense. Everyone else on the roster would be an excellent WR2, but we don't have a 1. EDGE would also be good choice, as you have pointed out, it's a premium position and one worth an early 1st round choice.

I'd rather not spend pick 1-16 on any offensive lineman. Yes, they would immediately help the team, but I don't think any single lineman can get you over the hump. A late 1st, sure. Either second, sure. Possibly trading both seconds (or a 2nd and 3rd) for a late 1st for an LT seems like getting better value.

And after getting these, hopefully very good players, then we can honestly assess Love. If he struggles in 2024, then you let him walk, "hopefully" we're bad again, and now you try to draft you future QB. The team will be better around him (that 2024 rookie WR. Whatever early 2nd rounder we get in the 2025 draft, etc etc)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That we can do nothing offensively in the first quarter is baffling. And running Dillon straight into the line near the end zone and there is not really much time left, is kind of like slamming your own dam face into the wall.
It was and may still be that head coaches tried to script their first 15 plays or so depending on down and distance of course. And you practiced those plays intensely all week. With us it is like run a few plays and then throw out the playbook. Everybody Out! Like they old playground days.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't go QB this year there is mounds of reasons before you get to "not admitting he was wrong" although of course that is one of many reasons.

However, personally - now I'm of course not in the inner circles or privy to closed practice times and such...but this staff and even Aaron Rodgers are very confident that Love is a capable QB for this league. Now there is a massive difference between say a capable QB in this league and one you see possible SB winning title occurring before his name for sure.

BUT, many just fail to remember it was not long ago that this league saw the Jaguars go incredibly young, have a rookie Lawrence toss 12 TDs / 17 INTs have roster full of young bucks flopping and winning just 3 games, with 8 of those being by more than one possession. Then the next year 9-8 and now this year they're 6-2 atm. Lawrence looked terrible his rookie year, TERRIBLE.

It is rare you get draft equity at the top 10 spots either to trade back and pick up possibly immense next year equity should Love absolutely confirm he is not the one for the future or stay and perhaps add a transcendent skill guy you really like perhaps a TE prospect unheard of in years like Bowers...or you grab one of the elite WRs in this draft....or go nab your day one LT of the future...or stay positional value and add an edge with the knowledge Preston is done or in likely his last year with GB in 2024 perhaps. That approach builds a better team around Love....drafting a QB in the top end of the draft I'll go on record as saying is ignorant to do from a roster stance IMO at this moment....ESPECIALLY if it is Williams (immature manchild)....
It is no coincidence that Lawrence got better after Jax hired a proven HC...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is no coincidence that Lawrence got better after Jax hired a proven HC...

Okay, I love Doug, but still so you're just going to throw the blanket down that it was Pederson and therefore MLF is why Love is not doing well?

I'm sorry but again that's too much of a blanket type approach IMO.

Even with the Jax example I'm not saying it is a surefire sign of see Love can be just fine and could be amazing...it was merely the latest example of how a young QB can absolutely struggle...shoot Joe Burrow has looked like hot stinking garbage this year and he has a MUCH better skilled unit around him....doesn't mean he or that HC is trash absolutely.

Members online

Latest posts