Game 5 - Las Vegas - Studs and Duds

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And throws interceptions. This is the Love I thought we were getting and now it has come to fruition. I hope there, for a game or 2. Right now, Love is garbage. The packers are garbage. Get ready for a terrible season.
When the line play sucks you forgive rodgers

its interesting what people say years ago

Attachments

• IMG_1060.png
    IMG_1060.png
    242.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1059.png
    IMG_1059.png
    214.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1058.png
    IMG_1058.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1057.png
    IMG_1057.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 59

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson was being shoved by the DB WAY before the ball arrived and it should have been an easy PI call. I guess the new rule is as long as you're trying to look back toward the ball you can do whatever you want to the receiver.
I wondered about that too. Not long ago if a defender sneezed on a WR before the ball got there flags flew. Not anymore...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB's WR coach is Jason Vrable...a former QB. I think the entire WR room would benfit from a former, proven NFL WR to come in & help teach subtleties of route running, body position, keeping leverage, etc. Thinking someone like Jordy, Driver or similar. Just seems like Watson (& others?) are getting pushed around & not keeping DB's away from the ball?
I was really hoping Gute would have signed a vet WR to do just as you suggest in your post here.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That has been obvious from the beginning and most likely won't get fixed for a couple of years. None of the receivers know how to play yet and none of them are possessing a NFL body yet either.
I remember Adams' first couple of seasons and how he struggled. More than a few fans wanted to ride him out of town on a rail. Our WR is full of youngsters who are grass green. Hopefully they will improve along with Love as the season progresses.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

The Packers organization. This is not a fun team to watch. The offense is abysmal. The defense ranges between okay and terrible. Everybody from the top down is responsible.
I think this season is a write-off. It is the year to find out what they have in Love (sneak preview: not very much) and how the team functions without Aaron Rodgers (sneak preview: not very well.) I think the GM, the HC and both coordinators should leave at the end of the season. Somebody else needs to be making the draft decisions next spring. It would not bother me to see a dozen or fewer of the present roster returning next year.

Yes, we were spoiled in the Favre/Rodgers years. We nearly always had the best QB in the division and that wins you a lot of games. Now we have the worst QB in the division. Maybe he'll get better, but I see no reason to expect it.

Bottom line: a total rebuild is required.
This season is what a total rebuild looks like.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell, you are making your explanation convoluted. It is not that hard. In that situation, you don't put Preston out there if he might actually be covering someone.
Ya know, I remember Capers doing that with Julius Peppers back years ago.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Rodgers sees his abilities. Maybe you'll put some credence into what a guy who has been there has to say. See his comments on Pat McAffee's show today regarding Love.
Oh, I saw. Rodgers also said he saw a UFO. He also said he was immunized. He also said he only uses Facetime.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I saw.
Your red herrings aside... I think he knows a hell of a lot about Jordan Love than any of the armchair QBs on here. That is, except you, right? And you know better than him how much time it should take a QB and his historically young receiving corps to develop the necessary chemistry. A month should be more than enough, correct?

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Your red herrings aside... I think he knows a hell of a lot about Jordan Love than any of the armchair QBs on here. That is, except you, right? And you know better than him how much time it should take a QB and his historically young receiving corps to develop the necessary chemistry. A month should be more than enough, correct?
Lol, my point with that is I don't trust what Rodgers says. It's also a month and 3 years of training. I get that on the job training is better, but he has had plenty of time to train both his body and mind. The Packers have had one tough opponent in the Lions. The Bears, Falcons, Saints and Raiders are not good teams. I don't think Love is the answer at QB for the Packers. That's all I'm saying. Like anything, the truth will be told as the season goes on. I'm not really sure the personal attacks and condescending remarks are necessary. It's just my thoughts on how Jordan Love plays football.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember Adams' first couple of seasons and how he struggled. More than a few fans wanted to ride him out of town on a rail. Our WR is full of youngsters who are grass green. Hopefully they will improve along with Love as the season progresses.
Adams was called paddle hands

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season is what a total rebuild looks like.
I wouldn't describe it as a total rebuild unless there are significant changes to the coaching staff and/or front office. But yes, as far as the roster is concerned it's a rebuild. I don't have much faith in the current building blocks apart from Gary, Clark, Jenkins, Watson and Doubs. Maybe Quay, Jaire and a few others.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mama said thered b daze like this...1977 pack for a year and some growth...could be ok next year but yama hama its fright night right now

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that this season you have only posted after weeks 2,4,5 games. What do they have in common?

Maybe???
What they have in common is that the Packers' weaknesses have been blindingly evident in their losses. The weaknesses were visible in the wins, too, but wins against weak opponents tends to give fans false hope.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't describe it as a total rebuild unless there are significant changes to the coaching staff and/or front office. But yes, as far as the roster is concerned it's a rebuild. I don't have much faith in the current building blocks apart from Gary, Clark, Jenkins, Watson and Doubs. Maybe Quay, Jaire and a few others.
That's quite a collection of building blocks. Personally, I'd add Love to that list.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Nelson, Driver, Jones weren't ready for prime time in their first two years either. Dang few are. Early on, their mistakes cost as much as their good play helps.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams was called paddle hands
I was one of them that called him droppel paddle hands… boy did he prove me wrong. lol it takes receivers a couple years to get going. By year 3 end of year 2 you know what you got

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson, Driver, Jones weren't ready for prime time in their first two years either. Dang few are. Early on, their mistakes cost as much as their good play helps.
Driver was thrust into it at the time because all we had left was Antonio Freeman who was destined for free agency. Donald got quite a contract the second time around in his opinion after his first one.