Dillon.......keeping defenses honest.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers hasn't played much in preseason, so that might be difficult. No doubt the offense changes without Adams. I hope we see 3-5 receivers, plus the TE's and RB's catching a lot of passes.
You pointed out a very important issue. The number of snaps Rodgers takes with his receivers prior to the season. I think we'll learn a lot about Rodgers and his dedication to this season based on when he arrives in camp. Because of the changes at WR particularly, we should see him getting a lot of reps in practice, and at least for 2 quarters in each preseason game.

If he doesn't show up on time, and doesn't spend time on the field during preseason games, we can pretty much consider that he doesn't really care too much what the results on the field will be. But, because of his ego, I feel he's going to show up, do his best, and spike any beliefs people might have that Adams was the one that made Rodgers "look good." He's going to want to show everyone, that he's the ****. But, that's just my opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Any scenario imaginable, just as long as he’s the bad guy lol
I still love Aaron the player, but Aaron the man still has to win a lot of fans back, including myself.

As far as preseason and him being prepared to go into a season, most likely with some new faces at WR, I expect him to be ready. Whether that will translate onto the football field or not, I think its going to be a bumpy start. However, I doubt I would blame Rodgers for that, it's the nature of football and perhaps a good thing for the Packers to get him some new weapons for his final ride.

Maybe we should start calling him "Doc Rodgers"?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You pointed out a very important issue. The number of snaps Rodgers takes with his receivers prior to the season. I think we'll learn a lot about Rodgers and his dedication to this season based on when he arrives in camp. Because of the changes at WR particularly, we should see him getting a lot of reps in practice, and at least for 2 quarters in each preseason game.

If he doesn't show up on time, and doesn't spend time on the field during preseason games, we can pretty much consider that he doesn't really care too much what the results on the field will be. But, because of his ego, I feel he's going to show up, do his best, and spike any beliefs people might have that Adams was the one that made Rodgers "look good." He's going to want to show everyone, that he's the ****. But, that's just my opinion.

This 100% I hope so

Although I also wouldn't be surprised to see us run it with Jones and Dillon so much this year that they both surpass 1000 yards

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd prefer the latter. Heck, if they were set to go with 7 I'd say say take 4 but I think Lazard, Cobb and Rodgers are pretty much locks so unless they go with 7 looks like they draw three.

If the Packers add a lot of talent at wide receiver either via free agency, trade or draft I don't consider Amari a lock to make the roster.

I fully expect Rodgers to show up for the start of training camp but highly doubt he will participate in any offseason workouts.

While him playing in preseason games might improve the chemistry with his receivers entering the season it seems the Packers aren't ready to risk injury to their star quarterback in meaningless games.

Of course some of you will solely blame Rodgers for it.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean this is obviously also a make or break season for ARs legacy. He will be forced to spread the ball around and won't have a superstar/elite receiver to throw to. His success this year will be based off his attitude with the receivers as he has obviously mastered MLFs offense

I *hope* that he puts in the work and could *POTENTIALLY * be even better this year...

Much like Favre got better without Sterling Sharpe, I would hope AR can be even better this year. And not to discredit Holmgren/Reid's offense, but MLFs offense, IMHO is a scheme that is ran better and more efficient when there is NOT a superstar receiver or talent

I know it sounds crazy to say that I believe AR could potentially put up BETTER/BIGGER numbers without Adams, but I just believe from watching MLFs scheme and rhe balance with Dillon/Jones, that it's possible

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy to say that I believe AR could potentially put up BETTER/BIGGER numbers without Adams, but I just believe from watching MLFs scheme and rhe balance with Dillon/Jones, that it's possible
Sort of a Catch-22 for Rodgers. If he has more success than the last 2 seasons, spreading the ball around amongst some less talented WR's and no Davante, people might say it was the scheme that has been helping him the last 2 seasons. They might also try to say, had he spread the ball around more with Davante, they might have gone further. Or if he has an average to below average year, some might say that a lot of his success was due to Davante.

If the season started today, I would say his chance of success and repeating as MVP is really low, but I would blame it on lack of quality receivers. How much that improves between now and September will be up to Gute. My prediction, Gute lands one older vet FA and drafts 2-3 WR's. Rodgers has an ok year, but not a stellar year, due to the production of his receivers being relatively low.

D

Deleted member 6794

I mean this is obviously also a make or break season for ARs legacy. He will be forced to spread the ball around and won't have a superstar/elite receiver to throw to. His success this year will be based off his attitude with the receivers as he has obviously mastered MLFs offense

A lot of Rodgers' success will be dependent on the receivers he will be throwing to. I highly doubt he could have a better season with the current talent level on the roster.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of Rodgers' success will be dependent on the receivers he will be throwing to. I highly doubt he could have a better season with the current talent level on the roster.
Although I totally agree with you, I keep getting this nagging feeling that I had over the last two years. People saying Rodgers should be sent packing, and to spite them, he ends up winning two MVPs.

With a little more talent added to the receivers room, and two or three guys already there stepping up some, and Rodgers? Don't sell him, nor LeFleur short, in putting together a passing game that's highly effective.

I think Rodgers is one of those few people who have played the game, who see the field in front of them so well that they are able to make decisions that others can't. Pointing out individual plays that he threw to the wrong guy, in our "opinion" don't matter. What does matter is his ability to read defenses.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I totally agree with you, I keep getting this nagging feeling that I had over the last two years. People saying Rodgers should be sent packing, and to spite them, he ends up winning two MVPs.

With a little more talent added to the receivers room, and two or three guys already there stepping up some, and Rodgers? Don't sell him, nor LeFleur short, in putting together a passing game that's highly effective.

I think Rodgers is one of those few people who have played the game, who see the field in front of them so well that they are able to make decisions that others can't. Pointing out individual plays that he threw to the wrong guy, in our "opinion" don't matter. What does matter is his ability to read defenses.

I agree, when he has been forced to work with "no names" he has excelled. Can you bank on him doing that every game of this coming season no...but I would bet even with the roster we presently have Aaron Rodgers and MLF would still win the division....which is crazy.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, when he has been forced to work with "no names" he has excelled. Can you bank on him doing that every game of this coming season no...but I would bet even with the roster we presently have Aaron Rodgers and MLF would still win the division....which is crazy.
Exactly my point. You just can't sell Rodgers short. He's that talented, whether or not we like him as a person.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers add a lot of talent at wide receiver either via free agency, trade or draft I don't consider Amari a lock to make the roster.
You are right. Maybe not a lock but after spending a third rounder I don't see them giving up after a year so I would say odds are that he makes it. Obviously it depends on who else they sign and how many they keep.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amari Rodgers will be given another year to acclimate himself to the NFL. I can't see the Packers dumping someone they saw potential in, that quickly.

But, that's just my opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Amari Rodgers will be given another year to acclimate himself to the NFL. I can't see the Packers dumping someone they saw potential in, that quickly.

But, that's just my opinion.
Maybe if he was on the Rams or another roster that has a lot of really good WR's, would Amari be worried about making the Packer 53 man roster. As of today, I would probably consider him the 3rd best WR on the current roster.

Now if they sign 1-2 FA's and draft 2-3 guys, we are going to see a nice competition for jobs at WR. Although, that isn't saying much when the #1 WR is Lazard or Cobb.

Amari wouldn't be a lock in the above scenario, but given that he is a 3rd round, 2nd year player, you would think that they would give him at least another year to prove himself. Unless, he is like J'Mon Moore and there just isn't anything there.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe if he was on the Rams or another roster that has a lot of really good WR's, would Amari be worried about making the Packer 53 man roster. As of today, I would probably consider him the 3rd best WR on the current roster.

Now if they sign 1-2 FA's and draft 2-3 guys, we are going to see a nice competition for jobs at WR. Although, that isn't saying much when the #1 WR is Lazard or Cobb.

Amari wouldn't be a lock in the above scenario, but given that he is a 3rd round, 2nd year player, you would think that they would give him at least another year to prove himself. Unless, he is like J'Mon Moore and there just isn't anything there.
Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy but don't the Packers only have three WRs on the current roster.

OK, I know they have more but I've waited forever to use the reference.

Here's the list of Packer WRs under contract. It is certainly not a stretch to think Amari Rodgers is the third best among them.

Randall CobbPackers32$3,000,000$3,000,000$0$02023 Void
Amari RodgersPackers23$4,899,902$1,224,976$923,564$923,5642025 UFA
Malik TaylorPackers27$895,000$895,000$0$02023 RFA
Juwann WinfreePackers26$1,675,000$837,500$0$02023 RFA
Chris BlairPackers25$705,000$705,000$0$02023 ERFA
Kabion EntoPackers26$705,000$705,000$0$02023 ERFA
Josh MalonePackers26$252,000$252,000$0$02022 SFA
David MoorePackers27$252,000$252,000$0$02022 SFA

Reaction score
Adams made it pretty clear that it was his lifelong dream to play for the Raiders. I don't think there's anything the Packers could have done to keep him around without him causing distractions because of it.
It almost got to the point with Adams that once he hit the mark as a top
2-3 WR that it emboldened him. He knew he had a free ticket out of town and he started making mention of Carr and being more vocal.

I do sincerely believe he was wanting to play for the Raiders, as we all saw pictures of him with a Raiders Jersey on as an adolescent. Heck, it might’ve even been that motivation to want to play the sport. I know Jim Plunkett sure impressed me. :)I can imagine that fulfilling that dream was exciting and for that? I don’t blame him. My only advice to the young man would’ve been to chase your dream but be ultra respectful to the city that gave you that opportunity. Even if your current team offered you less, don’t ever come across as anything but thankful and make that abundantly clear.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy but don't the Packers only have three WRs on the current roster.

OK, I know they have more but I've waited forever to use the reference.

Here's the list of Packer WRs under contract. It is certainly not a stretch to think Amari Rodgers is the third best among them.

Allen LazardPackers27$3,986,000$3,986,000$0$02023 UFA
Randall CobbPackers32$3,000,000$3,000,000$0$02023 Void
Amari RodgersPackers23$4,899,902$1,224,976$923,564$923,5642025 UFA
Malik TaylorPackers27$895,000$895,000$0$02023 RFA
Juwann WinfreePackers26$1,675,000$837,500$0$02023 RFA
Chris BlairPackers25$705,000$705,000$0$02023 ERFA
Kabion EntoPackers26$705,000$705,000$0$02023 ERFA
Josh MalonePackers26$252,000$252,000$0$02022 SFA
David MoorePackers27$252,000$252,000$0$02022 SFA
Chris BlairPackers25$165,600$165,600$0$02022 SFA
Kabion Ento

That includes other positions,

Cobb, Lazard, Rodgers, Taylor, Winfree, Taylor, Blair and Gafford

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Quite the stellar list of WR's huh Shirley? I am sure DB's around the league are already preparing on how to cover them all.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Sort of a Catch-22 for Rodgers. If he has more success than the last 2 seasons, spreading the ball around amongst some less talented WR's and no Davante, people might say it was the scheme that has been helping him the last 2 seasons. They might also try to say, had he spread the ball around more with Davante, they might have gone further. Or if he has an average to below average year, some might say that a lot of his success was due to Davante.

If the season started today, I would say his chance of success and repeating as MVP is really low, but I would blame it on lack of quality receivers. How much that improves between now and September will be up to Gute. My prediction, Gute lands one older vet FA and drafts 2-3 WR's. Rodgers has an ok year, but not a stellar year, due to the production of his receivers being relatively low.
This is just a guess obviously. But I think we grab a veteran Wideout before the draft as security in stocking the WR shelf. Then we will draft a WR between #22 and #45-50 overall in a modest trade up.
Then we will follow that with a WR either 3rd-4th round. Most likely going after ones that have less injury concerns and are more polished.

PS. I like Dillon.. just not to replace #17 :)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is just a guess obviously. But I think we grab a veteran Wideout before the draft as security in stocking the WR shelf. Then we will draft a WR between #22 and #45-50 overall in a modest trade up.
Then we will follow that with a WR either 3rd-4th round. Most likely going after ones that have less injury concerns and are more polished.

PS. I like Dillon.. just not to replace #17 :)
I would love to see them get one of the following with either the 22nd or 28th. My guess is that if a non-WR falls to them at 22 and they really like him and enough of the following are still available, they will use the 28th to grab a WR. If Wilson or Williams is somehow still on the board at 22, grab him.

Wilson, Williams, Olave, London, Burks.

Then in Round 2 with the 53rd pick, go after 1 of:

Watson, Moore, Pierce, Dotson, Pickens, Metchie, Tolbert.

Members online

No members online now.