2023 Draft Live Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Well, I would not expect a QB in the 5th to have A++ ratings from both pundits and fans. But I guess a couple years ago he did beat out Levis. I just don't believe age to be as big a deal as a lot of you.
I agree. Age at QB isn’t like age at DT. QB’s routinely play into their mid 30’s.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Here are the jersey #'s for all the draft Picks, didn't remember anyone posting all of them

# 90 Lukas Van Ness
# 88 Luke Musgrave
# 11 Jayden Reed
# 85 Tucker Kraft
# 96 Colby Wooden
# 8 Sean Clifford
# 13 Dontayvion Wicks
# 94 Karl Brooks
# 17 Anders Carlson
# 37 Carrington Valentine
# 32 Lou Nichols III
# 36 Anthony Johnson Jr.
# 86 Grant DuBose

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Clifford's got Rodgers' new number! No pressure.
Id be more concerned that it's Amari Rodgers old number. :eek:

But your post brings up something I have wondered, will anyone ever wear #12 in GB again? I doubt it. Plus, I think I saw that Jameson Williams tried to make a bet with Rodgers after the game, with his jersey going to Williams if he won the bet. :coffee:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But your post brings up something I have wondered, will anyone ever wear #12 in GB again? I doubt it. Plus, I think I saw that Jameson Williams tried to make a bet with Rodgers after the game, with his jersey going to Williams if he won the bet. :coffee:
I think it's a foregone conclusion Rodgers' number will be retired. Are you saying that Rodgers welched on his bet with Williams?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Guessing that Darnell Washington didn't impress teams as much as the media or fans, he's dropping like a turkey thrown from a helicopter at Thanksgiving.
Interesting news on Washington. Seems Tennessee gave him and his family money and other things, that violated recruiting rules. While he did end up signing with Georgia, have to wonder if there's any consequences for him. Doubt it, but Tennessee is paying the price.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting news on Washington. Seems Tennessee gave him and his family money and other things, that violated recruiting rules. While he did end up signing with Georgia, have to wonder if there's any consequences for him. Doubt it, but Tennessee is paying the price.

How/why would there be consequences for Washington. Theres nothing illegal about taking money etc. It was just against NCAA rules. What could the NCAA possibly do to him now haha, absolutely nothing. Especially since its now ok to take money etc

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How/why would there be consequences for Washington. Theres nothing illegal about taking money etc. It was just against NCAA rules. What could the NCAA possibly do to him now haha, absolutely nothing. Especially since its now ok to take money etc
You can't take under the table money. It has to go through the protocols associated with the NIL. It was stupid on their part to give him cash out front. I hope they find a way to make those involved pay. Washington is obviously a piece of work.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

You can't take under the table money. It has to go through the protocols associated with the NIL. It was stupid on their part to give him cash out front. I hope they find a way to make those involved pay. Washington is obviously a piece of work.
Thanks, you beat me to the punch. If the allegations of the investigation are true, Washington violated NCAA rules by taking money and other gifts, so yes it is very illegal. Considering Tennessee received a six-year show cause penalty and was fined $8 million for the violations committed by the NCAA, I would say they probably had ample evidence. Can the NCAA punish Washington? No, but I doubt the incident helps him in the future either.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I am sure I will get ridiculed for disagreeing but here goes. It will only hurt him if he isn't good. Countless pros in multiple sports were involved in NCAA scandals with little if any future reprecussions. Derek Rose, Reggie Bush, Jamies Winston, Cam Newton come to mind immediately. I am sure there are countless others also.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
:roflmao:
Doing his best Jim Carrey impersonation! Tom can be pretty entertaining for sure.

I was someone who wanted to see the Packers draft Washington, but I am just fine with both Musgrave and Kraft turning out to be much better players than Darnell.

Reaction score
Doing his best Jim Carrey impersonation! Tom can be pretty entertaining for sure.

I was someone who wanted to see the Packers draft Washington, but I am just fine with both Musgrave and Kraft turning out to be much better players than Darnell.
His animation is pretty funny. It’s secretly how us diehards all feel inside with each pick. Hilarious expression.

For me personally I was seeing Kraft floating in that late 2nd Round to opening of Round 3 area just before the draft. A few boards had him as a top 5 Tight End in a pretty good TE draft. #78 overall was a strong value. His injury set him back a half round imo.

Musgrave has grown on me. Limited mileage overall, but his size and speed have Receiving threat written all over him. I think he’s peak Jermichael pretty early in his career with massive ceiling. One of the things that similarly aided Gronk was his wide catch radius. 6’6” without losing athleticism is a mismatch for a 6’ DB

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
His animation is pretty funny. It’s secretly how us diehards all feel inside with each pick. Hilarious expression.

For me personally I was seeing Kraft floating in that late 2nd Round to opening of Round 3 area just before the draft. A few boards had him as a top 5 Tight End in a pretty good TE draft. #78 overall was a strong value. His injury set him back a half round imo.

Musgrave has grown on me. Limited mileage overall, but his size and speed have Receiving threat written all over him. I think he’s peak Jermichael pretty early in his career with massive ceiling. One of the things that similarly aided Gronk was his wide catch radius. 6’6” without losing athleticism is a mismatch for a 6’ DB
Yeah, I have been watching Tom G off and on for awhile. He can be very entertaining. The clips below are classic and as you said....being and feeling much like us fans. Wait for his reaction to the Jordan Love selection. :roflmao: They need to reopen the game day shout box and have Tom running it.

The fact that Washington was the 8th TE selected and not until the 3rd round, leads me to believe that GM's and scouts weren't as impressed with him as those projecting him as a potential first round pick were. I think the Packers had him in for a visit, but passed on him 4 times, with 2 of those 4 being other TE's (Musgrave and Kraft).

Reaction score
Yeah, I have been watching Tom G off and on for awhile. He can be very entertaining. The clips below are classic and as you said....being and feeling much like us fans. Wait for his reaction to the Jordan Love selection. :roflmao: They need to reopen the game day shout box and have Tom running it.

The fact that Washington was the 8th TE selected and not until the 3rd round, leads me to believe that GM's and scouts weren't as impressed with him as those projecting him as a potential first round pick were. I think the Packers had him in for a visit, but passed on him 4 times, with 2 of those 4 being other TE's (Musgrave and Kraft).

True. Washington was originally more a 3rd rounder for me and things got crazy after his stellar combine performance. Closer to the draft I thought he might be a solid Round 2 guy maybe peaking in the later 30’s.
Then just before the draft I heard Day1 chatter. I never took him any Mock in Day1. I did select him interactively using our -#42-45 selections, that’s as far as I’d go. I agree as you mentioned, when 32 GM’s pass on Washington multiple times it’s kinda hard to argue with that consensus viewpoint.
Also, sometimes I think player fit (personality , schematic fit, interviewing Grade etc) is pretty important in GB. Also hearing there was a potential medical flag on him didn’t help. We don’t need another Vince Biegel medical out of the gate.

I’m pretty excited about our TE acquisitions. Since I’ve followed GB I don’t think we’ve ever spent high resources at a pair at TE beyond a Bubba Franks type loner pick. I think it’s an important tool in this game and in this Offense that we’ve had relatively substandard options in the Receiving aspect.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Also, sometimes I think player fit (personality , schematic fit, interviewing Grade etc) is pretty important in GB.
This!!!

As fans, we don't normally find out much, if anything, on how interviews go. While the most important thing about an NFL player might be his ability to play the game, if he interviews poorly, that could be a deal breaker. If he comes off as someone that might be a difficult player to coach, contain or meld into a team personality, he probably either gets removed altogether from the draft board or drops down substantially.

Reaction score
This!!!

As fans, we don't normally find out much, if anything, on how interviews go. While the most important thing about an NFL player might be his ability to play the game, if he interviews poorly, that could be a deal breaker. If he comes off as someone that might be a difficult player to coach, contain or meld into a team personality, he probably either gets removed altogether from the draft board or drops down substantially.
Amen We don’t need any more “complicated fella’s”

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and I'll take being able to play and help your team win vs. getting thrown out of games.

Reaction score
I don't know, I'd take complicated and 2 decades of that level play vs so many of the other more likely alternatives. Especially at the QB position.
It was just a joke. I adore Aaron Rodgers he’s practically like a slice of Heaven

Reaction score
well, it's the 2020's and you can never be too sure of anything anymore :) This or that is getting exceedingly tough to figure out LOL
That’s an understatement. Although I think we’ve been duped. 95% of folks are still pretty decent, we’ve just given the 5% too much say. They want to tell us how we think and want us to forget the progress we’ve made. No more! :coffee:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington violated NCAA rules by taking money and other gifts, so yes it is very illegal.

Are you being serious? Explain to me what LAW that breaks...I think you're mixing up NCAA rules and laws

Yeah they took Reggie Bush' heismen...did he face any fines or jail time, probation even? Absolutely not becas taking money as a college athlete has never been illegal

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Are you being serious? Explain to me what LAW that breaks...I think you're mixing up NCAA rules and laws

Yeah they took Reggie Bush' heismen...did he face any fines or jail time, probation even? Absolutely not becas taking money as a college athlete has never been illegal
I think you are confusing the term "illegal" with civil laws and that may be my fault for using the term. I'm not talking about an offense that the police come in and arrest you for breaking. I am talking about an offense that violates the rules set forth by the NCAA. So label it what you are comfortable with, Washing violated NCAA Policy.

Members online

Latest posts