OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#6 Dallas at #3 Minnesota
#5 Green Bay at #4 Arizona

Wow - two blockbusters to start the playoffs.

#3 Minnesota at #1 New Orleans
#4 Green Bay at #2 Philly

Wow - two more blockbusters in round 2.

#4 Green Bay at #3 Minnesota

Good Lord, imagine the hype.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas will Destroy Minnesota if they play in the first round.

You could make that argument and while it is very possible, these teams haven't faced each other this season, and Dallas would be playing on the road and in a venue where Minnesota hasn't lost all season.

I'll admit Favre tends to have a mental block playing against Dallas, but usually (note my choice of wording here) only at Dallas.

I'd be a fool to bet against Brett and the home team, but I'd have to do some research on how these teams match up with each other. It could be like Minnesota dismantling Green Bay or Cincy, then again it could be like Carolina and Arizona neutering Minnesota's offense.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#6 Dallas at #3 Minnesota
#5 Green Bay at #4 Arizona

Wow - two blockbusters to start the playoffs.

Dallas or Minnesota at #1 New Orleans
Green Bay or Arizona at #2 Philly

Wow - two more blockbusters in round 2.

New Orleans, Minnesota or Dallas vs Green Bay, Philly or Arizona

Good Lord, imagine the hype.
OK so I made some changes to your playoff scenerio to ask:
Even though there is one more game to be played, is that how it's going to be? Is this set in stone?
Or could it be a different way?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
OK so I made some changes to your playoff scenerio to ask:
Even though there is one more game to be played, is that how it's going to be? Is this set in stone?
Or could it be a different way?

Depending on the way things break Green Bay could end up playing any team in the NFC playoffs besides New Orleans in the first round. Even Minnesota.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on the way things break Green Bay could end up playing any team in the NFC playoffs besides New Orleans in the first round. Even Minnesota.
Gotchya.
Nothing is determined.
We'll have to wait until Sun night/Mon to see who plays who.

Thanx.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Dude Brett is having a great year but who cares... there is no way in hell they are winning the Super Bowl... right now the Packers have a better chance then them!!! In the expert power rankings on NFL.com they have the Pack over the Dikes... We need to stop worrying about Favre and concentrate on this Lombardi Trophy!!!

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude Brett is having a great year but who cares... there is no way in hell they are winning the Super Bowl... right now the Packers have a better chance then them!!!

What leads you to arrive at this conclusion? Do you have any evidence?

Isn't it easier to wait until you find out who Green Bay plays? Remember, match-ups KILL dreams.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we know the Packers will win the SB because we faith in our team not in one man.

I save my "faith" for church. When it comes to something like NFL football, I tend to favor common sense and reason over faith.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard[3] from the Greek word moros, which meant "dull"
(as opposed to "sharp"), and used to describe a person with a mental age located between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale.[4]
It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and superior
in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). The word moron, along with others including "retarded", "idiotic", "imbecilic", "stupid",
and "feeble-minded", was formerly considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, but it is now deprecated by psychologists.
[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moron_(psychology)#cite_note-zenderland2001-4

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I've said it before ... Regular season and Play Off games are very different ...

It doesn't really matter *how* you get into the play offs ... as long as you secure a berth ...

Look at the Cardinals last season ... - They were being slaughtered entering the play offs and no one gave them a chance to advance past the wild card round ... We all know how that went, don't we ?

I'm not saying that the Vikings are Super Bowl bound, however if I were a betting man ... I would bet on the Vikings before the Packers (as much as I like the Packers though ...) And I'm really hoping to be able to watch atleast one Packer play off game in January !

Most likely the Vikings will be playing at home during a possible wild card round, and pending on the Eagles - Cowboys game, perhaps also later if they are the #2 seed ...

I just don't see any of the current teams being able to win in Minnesota if that is where the game is to be played ... However if Minnesota has to play on the road against Dallas, Eagles or the Cardinals, it might be another story ... Why you ask ? ... Because despite having lost 3 out of 4 of the last games, Minnesota remain the single only NFL team to still not having lost at home this season ... - The Bengals can tell you first hand about that ...

It's always very difficult to "predict" play off games, more than regular season games ... as the "Urgency factor" is always higher ... Teams just don't play with the same "Urgency" during the regular season when they are already "secure" ... - Almost no team does that, regardless of which sport we are talking about ...

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before ... Regular season and Play Off games are very different ...

It doesn't really matter *how* you get into the play offs ... as long as you secure a berth ...

Look at the Cardinals last season ... - They were being slaughtered entering the play offs and no one gave them a chance to advance past the wild card round ... We all know how that went, don't we ?

I'm not saying that the Vikings are Super Bowl bound, however if I were a betting man ... I would bet on the Vikings before the Packers (as much as I like the Packers though ...) And I'm really hoping to be able to watch atleast one Packer play off game in January !

Most likely the Vikings will be playing at home during a possible wild card round, and pending on the Eagles - Cowboys game, perhaps also later if they are the #2 seed ...

I just don't see any of the current teams being able to win in Minnesota if that is where the game is to be played ... However if Minnesota has to play on the road against Dallas, Eagles or the Cardinals, it might be another story ... Why you ask ? ... Because despite having lost 3 out of 4 of the last games, Minnesota remain the single only NFL team to still not having lost at home this season ... - The Bengals can tell you first hand about that ...

It's always very difficult to "predict" play off games, more than regular season games ... as the "Urgency factor" is always higher ... Teams just don't play with the same "Urgency" during the regular season when they are already "secure" ... - Almost no team does that, regardless of which sport we are talking about ...

I think the momentum thing is over played a bit
This article makes, I think, a good point:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Week 16 Quick Reads

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard[3] from the Greek word moros, which meant "dull"
(as opposed to "sharp"), and used to describe a person with a mental age located between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale.[4]
It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and superior
in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). The word moron, along with others including "retarded", "idiotic", "imbecilic", "stupid",
and "feeble-minded", was formerly considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, but it is now deprecated by psychologists.
[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moron_(psychology)#cite_note-zenderland2001-4

My IQ was tested to be around 131 - no rocket scientist, but not on your level either:happy0005:.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[5]

You sure went out of your way to say "I'm wrong and have no counter argument"

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sure went out of your way to say "I'm wrong and have no counter argument"

How can a reasonable man counter an argument based upon faith??? Do you want a timeout to address your bleeding or should I continue to bludgeon you with facts???

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
That's a good read, but even if people read it and are able to comprehend it, they'll still fall back into the trap of small sample sizes and little evidence. Why? Because it's easy as hell to do - no research to do means less work.

That's why I have a difficult time understanding the "Concept" of being a "Hardcore" <insert team name here> Fan that bleeds <insert team colour here> ...

Because in most cases in order to be the above, the notion seems to be that you have to totally oblivious to anything else, nevermind context and other information ... - Most "Hardcore Fans that bleeds their team colours" just doesn't seem to want to engage in a logical, calm and courteous discussion about a game we *ALL* really love and enjoy watching ... regardless of what team anyone may or may not root for ...

I get the trashtalking and ridiculing of teams, - however when people blatently start to belittle other players (aside from factual performance), I really don't understand them ...

Lets not forget that almost all of most "debacles" are created in the media and by the media first ... - Only it's the so-called fans that run with it mostly ...

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets not forget that almost all of most "debacles" are created in the media and by the media first ... - Only it's the so-called fans that run with it mostly ...

Are you familiar with the old saying, "It's like the blind leading the blind."

Tragic in a sense, but so true.

Latest posts