106.4 Boyz ...

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait did I miss something? Is there really a Tampa Bay fan here talking ****?

I mean a Tampa Bay fan?! A team that is among the all-time worst franchises in the history of the NFL?! Surely, this is a joke of some kind.

They own the Packers until the next meeting and nobody can blame anybody but Green Bay.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet, we aren't talking about the Saints Game, the Packers game he was on fire, it wasn't lucky calls or playing lucky. These people are still professionals regardless of their stats, they play well against certain teams. And Atari Bigby, by whom I guess you worship, didn't do well and let in quite a few touchdowns on a so-called "joke."

Josh Freeman 2009 stats..9 TD 16 INTs, 1,683 yds, 61.0 rating = JOKE!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Freeman 2009 stats..9 TD 16 INTs, 1,683 yds, 61.0 rating = JOKE!!!
Since numbers and stats seem to matter more to Hauschild then the actrual outcome of a game, then he should agree with that.
That is, if he can be non-biased for even a second.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Since numbers and stats seem to matter more to Hauschild then the actrual outcome of a game, then he should agree with that.
That is, if he can be non-biased for even a second.

Actually it's quite the opposite for Hauschild ... and posters like you who are more "into" stats (alone) ... Hauschild among others along with myself, insistently try to tell you to view those stats within a context ...

Most of the posts on these threads by Hauschild actually indicates this, but alot (including you) seem to conviently overlook that ...

Prior to this thread being made, most of you people were using low and declining stats in December in order to try to "justify" that some certain quarterback wasn't able to play in December, since that is about the only arguement you and posters similar to you have left ...

1) Favre would be a liability to the Vikings - Wrong
2) Favre would throw tons of interceptions - Wrong
3) Favre would melt down in the latter half of the season - Wrong
4) Favre can't and couldn't play in cold weather anymore ... - Wrong

The only "arguement" (albeit a very weak one) there is left is this:

5) Favre will choke in the Play Offs - Remains to be seen

If it was the actual outcome of the game - as you so eloquently state, then you shouldn't really be railing on Favre, when in fact he is the quarterback with most wins in the league and among the quarterbacks with the best win versus loses ratio as well ... One single losing season out of almost 19 seasons played and yet people like you still cannot or won't come to terms with that he still "has it" and is able to play at a very high level and compete with the best that are currently playing as well in the league ... despite being more than 40 years old ...

As for Minnesota "choking" in the Play Offs ... - Well for your sake, I would atleast try to watch the games before writing any team off just yet, including the Packers ...

However ... I think the Packers and Dom Capers especially is actual praying NOT to be facing Minnesota again (especially in the Dome), hoping another team will knock them out of contention first ... It should raise some eyebrows that Favre is actually now 11-0 against a Dom Capers led defense ...

It's actually quite amusing your handle is "Forget Favre", when in fact it seems you just can't let him go ... - Even going to the lengths of calling him "Burnt", when clearly (and that must tear you up ...) still is able to play and is far from being "Burnt" (intentional spelling) out ... - Who is the biased one here I wonder ??? /boggle

Last, I would argue that probably (estimate) atleast 75% of the members on these boards, didn't even see a Packers game (live in person) prior to Brett Favre playing for the Packers ... and that he (in large part) was the very reason you became "avid" Packer Fans in the first place ...

For someone who is is wanting people to "Forget Favre", you sure do go out of your way to keep bringing his name up (creating threads), trying to ridicule him (including calling him "Burnt") ... Talk about passive agressive behaviour ...

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They own the Packers until the next meeting and nobody can blame anybody but Green Bay.

Yeah, I'll be really worried about that when we are in the playoffs and they are drafting in the top 5.

:Clueless:

WTF?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it's quite the opposite for Hauschild ... and posters like you who are more "into" stats (alone) ... Hauschild among others along with myself, insistently try to tell you to view those stats within a context ...

Most of the posts on these threads by Hauschild actually indicates this, but alot (including you) seem to conviently overlook that ...

Prior to this thread being made, most of you people were using low and declining stats in December in order to try to "justify" that some certain quarterback wasn't able to play in December, since that is about the only arguement you and posters similar to you have left ...

1) Favre would be a liability to the Vikings - Wrong
2) Favre would throw tons of interceptions - Wrong
3) Favre would melt down in the latter half of the season - Wrong
4) Favre can't and couldn't play in cold weather anymore ... - Wrong

The only "arguement" (albeit a very weak one) there is left is this:

5) Favre will choke in the Play Offs - Remains to be seen

If it was the actual outcome of the game - as you so eloquently state, then you shouldn't really be railing on Favre, when in fact he is the quarterback with most wins in the league and among the quarterbacks with the best win versus loses ratio as well ... One single losing season out of almost 19 seasons played and yet people like you still cannot or won't come to terms with that he still "has it" and is able to play at a very high level and compete with the best that are currently playing as well in the league ... despite being more than 40 years old ...
I dunno if you've noticed but my threads are not about stats at all.
I suck at math. I'm lousy with numbers. I couldn't care less about stats. I find them overwhelming. What matters to me is wins and losses. If it's the numbers that matter to you (and others) fine. No one is right or wrong. We're just different and we will end up disagreeing. Especially since you are a Burp Favre fan and/or a Vikes fan. I'm a fan of neither. I'm a fan of the Packers and of those who are currently on the team.

Now you (And other Burnt/Vikes fans) can come on here and show me all the numbers you want to. But I don't care.
Yes, Burt had a great game against the Bears. It was an impressive comeback. But not good enough to win. Because he is Brent. He is not Joe Montana, who to me, and no doubt countless others, is the best modern NFL QB. Joe Montana NFL & AFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com
How many 4th quarter comebacks did Joe do for the Niners? How many SB wins did he take the Niners to? (OK I digress...)
I'll agree that Burnt is a pretty good QB no matter what team he plays for. He has won the most games in the NFL you write? Fine. But how many times has he won THE NFL game? Once. That is pitiful for a 16 year winning QB.
Right now it looks like his Playoff and SB glory days could very well be behind him. Certainly when you look at his playoff record. (And I do think the Vikes are somehow cursed seeing how many times they have been close, yet so far.)
Maybe, maybe not. We shall see.

You are here on a Packer fan forum.
Seriously. What do you hope to accomplish by posting news and updates of a now despised rival QB?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have an axe to grind with Favre like many Packers fans STILL do. Hauschild is right when he says that the hatred some fans have for Brett clouds their objective thinking. Its the EXACT same thing you see at the Favre forum with Rodgers.

Message to the Favre haters:

Favre is not a Packer anymore. Get over it.

Message to the Rodgers haters:

Favre is not a Packer anymore, Get over it.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe one way of avoiding the perception of a QB "choking" in any particular game is avoid putting him into a situation where he is called upon to carry the load - such as running the ball consistently, protecting the QB and not giving up 30+ points on defense.

How many times has Favre supposedly "choked" when his team had the lead late in the game??? It's simple areas like this that tend to get overlooked, but they are paramount to the success of a team. Certainly, a QB can pull a rabbit outta the hat on occasion, such as Favre this year against San Fran and Baltimore, but who in their right mind would want to make a living out of these types of games??? It's common sense, really.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I suck at math. I'm lousy with numbers. I couldn't care less about stats. I find them overwhelming. What matters to me is wins and losses. If it's the numbers that matter to you (and others) fine. No one is right or wrong. We're just different and we will end up disagreeing. Especially since you are a Burp Favre fan and/or a Vikes fan. I'm a fan of neither. I'm a fan of the Packers and of those who are currently on the team.

Now you (And other Burnt/Vikes fans) can come on here and show me all the numbers you want to. But I don't care.
Yes, Burt had a great game against the Bears. It was an impressive comeback. But not good enough to win. Because he is Brent. He is not Joe Montana, who to me, and no doubt countless others, is the best modern NFL QB. Joe Montana NFL & AFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com
How many 4th quarter comebacks did Joe do for the Niners? How many SB wins did he take the Niners to? (OK I digress...)
I'll agree that Burnt is a pretty good QB no matter what team he plays for. He has won the most games in the NFL you write? Fine. But how many times has he won THE NFL game? Once. That is pitiful for a 16 year winning QB.
Right now it looks like his Playoff and SB glory days could very well be behind him. Certainly when you look at his playoff record. (And I do think the Vikes are somehow cursed seeing how many times they have been close, yet so far.)

Seriously. What do you hope to accomplish by posting news and updates of a now despised rival QB?

1) If wins and loses are what really matters to you ... look no further than "inwards" then ... - LOL

2) What's your obsession with Joe Montana ? - Hardly "Modern Day" Quarterback as you want to put it ... Besides ... How did Montana end up in this discussion anyway ? ... I wasn't aware that he ever played for the Packers nor the Vikings ... - Yet you keep bringing him up ... With that comparison poor Rodgers is bound to "fail" in your eyes as well (LOL)

3) In Regards to "Come Back" victories, please look at this Article (as pr. August 2009)...;

QB --- Reported --- Actual --- (Ranking)
John Elway 47 34 (2)
Brett Favre 42 27 (5)
Dan Marino 37 36 (1)
Peyton Manning 37 28
Drew Bledsoe 32 24 (6)
Joe Montana 31 31 (4)
Johnny Unitas 31 34 (3)
Tom Brady 28 20 (7)
Roger Staubach 23 15 (Tied 8 )
Ben Roethlisberger 19 15 (Tied 8 )
Chad Pennington 7 7 (9)
Jay Cutler 7 5 (10)

4) It's rather funny that whenever people like you who apparently "hate" Favre this much, and claims to be past him, - yet still posts so much about him, always bring up the lack of more Super Bowls that he hasn't won, but total opposite whenever the discussion goes the other way;

How many years before 1996 went by without the Packers winning one, let alone made the play offs ?

5) I'm not posting "news" nor updates as you want to put it, but merely putting things into "Context" ... Now I understand the animosity towards a rival quarterback, and a rival team such as Minnesota, however what I do NOT understand, is why people (such as you) who are adamant in telling everyone that his "Glory-days" are over, when everything points to the fact that they actually are not, because he is still playing at a very high competitive level ...

Understand that it isn't really Hauschild, nor myself who keep bringing Favre up, but actually more posters like you who keep "bashing" and belittling his accomplishments, that then makes us argue the logic behind those comments ...

I've been on these forums for quite some time now, first as a passive watcher, since as a more active poster, because I do like the Packers, however I also enjoy and like watching Favre play ...

As you said, we can agree to disagree, however, please try to be a little more factual when you post such as you do, because that would greatly help, unless we are solely talking "trash", in which case we should probably both be posting elsewhere on these forums ?

*Edit* really "hate" that you can't put 8 and ) without it turning into a "8)" LOL

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If wins are all that matter to you then how can you say demeaning things about Favres record? How can you say Montana was better? Favre does have the most wins ouot of any qb in the league if you haven't noticed. Joe was great, but and this is a big "but" his teams didn't have to deal with FA either.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna get away from this thread and go back to other ones supporting the Pack.

I suggest that others do the same from now on.
When someone comes on here who is not a Pack fan, to show us how well the Vikes or Favre are doing, let's just ignore it and concentrate on our team.
'K?
Thanx.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna get away from this thread and go back to other ones supporting the Pack.

I suggest that others do the same from now on.
When someone comes on here who is not a Pack fan, to show us how well the Vikes or Favre are doing, let's just ignore it and concentrate on our team.
'K?
Thanx.

Ah, I see. Play ostrich by sticking yer head in the sand and pretend there is no danger ahead. I get it.

Instead of ignoring uncomfortable situations, it's usually best to draw a line in the sand and fight for what you believe in. Ignoring problems and issues is not an efficient method of dealing.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, I see. Play ostrich by sticking yer head in the sand and pretend there is no danger ahead. I get it.

Instead of ignoring uncomfortable situations, it's usually best to draw a line in the sand and fight for what you believe in. Ignoring problems and issues is not an efficient method of dealing.
I've "spoken" my piece. Defended and let known my positons and arguments etc.
You should be happy to know that there's really nothing else for me to add.
Now if you want to argue with me, (Which it seems like you want to do) then feel free to meet me in any of the Packer related threads.

Happy New Year and have a good day. : )

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be an exciting time for all Packers fans. Our favorite team is in the playoffs, and they're playing very well. Yet, instead of focusing on such positive news, some of you have chosen to dwell on a player who no longer plays for the Pack. I know that some of you are Favre fans first, and Packers fans second, however,if you'd like to start threads about how great Favre is, why don't you do so on a Vikings message board?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be an exciting time for all Packers fans. Our favorite team is in the playoffs, and they're playing very well. Yet, instead of focusing on such positive news, some of you have chosen to dwell on a player who no longer plays for the Pack. I know that some of you are Favre fans first, and Packers fans second, however,if you'd like to start threads about how great Favre is, why don't you do so on a Vikings message board?
Yes.
Exactly!
Shoo! Go away!
(Where's the tweezers so I can remove these guldurn cactus thorns.)

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.
Exactly!
Shoo! Go away!
(Where's the tweezers so I can remove these guldurn cactus thorns.)

We get it already - nobody's contributions matter except for the ones coming from those choosing to tow the company line.

Forums must be frustrating to guys like you.

Members online

Latest posts