Unwavering...

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are two types of people in this world. Those that like The Three Amigos! And those that don't....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
One of those movies that I laughed harder the more I saw it. I remember the very fist time I thought it was the stupidest movier ever. Now, it's hysterical.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a quote from Three Amigos! movie and is the default reaction whenever anyone says plethora.
W and then Ill

About a 50/50 hit rate that either people get the reference or think I'm an idiot.
I get the same reaction when I make my references. Someone asks of I can get something for them... Super easy barely an inconvenience. They bring a couple of cheeseburgers to the counter... cheeseburger cheeseburger. I got a million of them and most people dont get them but every now and then I get s little smile. It helps make my day. I did not get the Three Amigos reference.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However this is an example where I think the Packers Do want to do right by certain players. Are they going to punish Jones and wait until after all his potential options diminish?
They essentially gave up a potential later round draft pick to allow Jones to freely sign wherever. Probably a smart PR move beyond helping the player out there.

Edit: just realized, I’m late to the game on that response sorry.
So you think they could or should have traded him for a later round draft pick?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a quote from Three Amigos! movie and is the default reaction whenever anyone says plethora.

About a 50/50 hit rate that either people get the reference or think I'm an idiot.
Has anyone ever done both? OOPS, someone beat me to it.

Reaction score
So you think they could or should have traded him for a later round draft pick?
Could have.. yes
Should have..no

Trying to hold out for a late rounder would’ve limited AJ33 choices and probably not a good PR look either imo

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could have.. yes
Should have..no

Trying to hold out for a late rounder would’ve limited AJ33 choices and probably not a good PR look either imo
Who's to say he didn't try. Its possible, given Jones' popularity, that Gute never considered it but the number of players who would warrant such consideration league wide is probably pretty small. A GM should always be looking to get the most in return out of his players. I don't know if trading him would have hurt the PR look much more than simply releasing him did. I know plenty of people who are simply pissed off about it.

I can see a quite a few teams that would possibly given up a seventh, or even higher, for Jones but not at his contract.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If not for said contract, he'd probably still be on the roster.
True but once Gute knew he wasn't going to take their "offer" and signed Jacobs the writing was pretty much on the wall. He could have made calls then.

Reaction score
I can see a quite a few teams that would possibly given up a seventh, or even higher, for Jones but not at his contract.
Yeah that’s more likely. His contract would’ve been a holdup.
. I don't know if trading him would have hurt the PR look much more than simply releasing him did. I know plenty of people who are simply pissed off about it.
Being selective wouldve taken longer to shop him, thus reducing his suitors in FA. I doubt garnering a 7th Rounder changes how we feel about him though. I do like your other thought, his contract was too much

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait.....WHAT in the actual heck????

Literally last two seasons....
Cole Van Lanen for a 7th rounder
Davante Adams traded for a first rounder and a second rounder.
Aaron Rodgers traded for a first round swap in 2023, second round pick 2023, sixth round pick 2023 and a worst case second round pick in 2024 (had he not blown his achilles would have been first).
Rasul Douglas - picked up a day 2 pick.

Go just a couple season back and we have:
Hollman for a 7th
Gilbert for a 6th
Davis for a 6th
Well I admit I'm wrong. I havnt been watching football the last couple/few years. But before that it was usual, and letting Aaron jones go was a bit painful. Would've been better with at least a mid round pick. Or something..... Ugh.

But I'm glad the GB brass is cashing in on compensation the last few years.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what would the net result have been if we kept Jones and did not resign Dillon? I don't think Jones would have had a problem sharing with Jacobs.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what would the net result have been if we kept Jones and did not resign Dillon? I don't think Jones would have had a problem sharing with Jacobs.
Good point. I don't think Aaron would've *****ed about that at all; he's a team player, not a prima donna, and he's smart enough to work out that splitting snaps with another feature back (1A and 1B) probably buys him another year or even two at the tail end of his career. I seriously doubt he'd have been fussy about that.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thinking $4.5 million. I also believe there was a bunch of salary cap room saved doing it this way.

Members online

Latest posts