106.4 Boyz ...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow you really don't understand the context of the argument do you? i suggest a critical thinking class next semester and a reading comp as well.
Gee.
After 239 posts you would think that poster would have noticed by now how quickly arguments can change around here and how anything and everything related to football will be discussed in any thread.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How could you not have known this yet continue to tow the haters' company line that Favre sucks?

This proves my theory that the vast majority of Americans have no clue what is going on in this country - no clue whatsoever. They watch 10 minutes of Sportscenter and drive-by-media reports per day and think they have it all figured out.

As Charlie Brown so perfectly bemoaned, "Ughhhhhhh!!!"

Sir I want to know where I have posted that has been part of the anti Brett Party line? Yes I dont like the guy anymore, and yes I want him to fail miserably and throw another pick at the end of a game to send the Vikes packing. However I do not go around constantly picking fights w/ Vikings fans on their boards because I dislike the man.

Good Day to You Sir

YoKramer

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I'm not pacing the floor over it. I get where he is. But I have to call out rediculousness when I see it.

Well at least he didnt say Bretts fumble was not a reason for the loss

that would be beyond ridiculous...

;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lol ^^^

fyi

We are packer fans

We have a rival in Minny

Their q/b was OUR q/B, OUR face of the Packers

And you find it odd that we will bash, tear down, and ridicule him every chance we get?

And people say "we" dont have any football knowledge?

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah ... - Please show me where I've posted that Aaron Rodgers was *directly* responsible for any loss ? ... What I have in fact written time and again, was that he had part (some times less some times more part) in the loss ... - Mostly due to not being able to survey the field fast enough, nor get the ball out quickly when the pocket was collapsing ...

*That* is what I have been saying ... - Would serve you well to perhaps *read* the posts you are referring to before making yourself look like a fool ?

And if you cared to actually read what I wrote, you would clearly or should be able to actually comprehend I was replying to an already posted comment about "wins versus loses" ... - Some how that seemed to have eluded you ... But then again ... you as well seem to be "blinded" by rage and hatred that old #4 is actually still playing well despite it being late in the season and December ... ?, something that is evidently "tearing you up" atm ...

Would seem *You* are the "clueless" one here my friend ...

I would tend to think that unless you were quoted, the person posting in a thread is referring to the person who started the thread. So while the first charge of being clueless was against the OP I would like to go ahead and direct one towards you.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol ^^^

fyi

We are packer fans

We have a rival in Minny

Their q/b was OUR q/B, OUR face of the Packers

And you find it odd that we will bash, tear down, and ridicule him every chance we get?

And people say "we" dont have any football knowledge?

I dont find it odd at all. Of course they are a rival and things are not going to be all warm and fuzzy. But the thing is since he left GB many of the fans that loved the guy and defended him now sound like the rest of nation who hated him. And they use the same arguments while discarding what he had done here all those years. I just seems there is a lot of revision going on by *some* fans, not all but some.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont find it odd at all. Of course they are a rival and things are not going to be all warm and fuzzy. But the thing is since he left GB many of the fans that loved the guy and defended him now sound like the rest of nation who hated him. And they use the same arguments while discarding what he had done here all those years. I just seems there is a lot of revision going on by *some* fans, not all but some.

There were a lot of fans that loved and respected him when he left. It's not that he was traded away that made us not like the guy anymore, it's the way he conducted himself.

OP
OP
H

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope like hell he plays a few more years because when he plays, it's the fastest three hours you'll ever encounter watching TV.

Last nite was classic - he'd be engulfed in the pocket to the point you couldn't even see him any longer and suddenly - whooooop - out comes the ball perfectly targeted to an opening receiver. It's sheer perfection, similar to watching Einstein create formulas or Pavarotti sing or Richie Sambora play guitar; it's at that point you wanna grab an Old Milwaukee and exclaim, "Life just doesn't get any better than this!"

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a lot of fans that loved and respected him when he left. It's not that he was traded away that made us not like the guy anymore, it's the way he conducted himself.

And I can understand that view point. What I'm trying to say is that becasuse he is no longer here and the way it went down, many fans are revising history to make it sound like he was never that good while he was here-sour grapes. I can resepect the dislike, although wrong, I can respect the view. But I cant resepect the view of people who watched the guy for all these years who rooted for him had his jersey now say "he sucked in the playoffs" or "he only won one sb for us" and then bash him. Where was all of that while he played?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Put that number in your hate pipes and smoke it, *****es!!!

106.4 rating, 321 yards, 2 TD's and ZERO picks - ON THE ROAD, IN DECEMBER and IN THE COLD.

So ONE very good game in the cold and he doesnt have an issue in the cold??

O lord..........

what about in Carolina the week before?

The game time temp was 37 and it got colder as night went on...he had a 73 rating..So why not mention that?

I know doesnt support your argument that his December drop off just a lot of un knowledgeable fans crap

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Favre plays great in a loss. Good for him. They still lost. They've lost 3 of 4, 2 of those to teams that won't be in the Playoffs. They can't run the ball, they can't defend the pass, they're looking more and more vulnerable by the week. All 5 of the other playoff teams in the NFC can pass the living hell out of the ball. Minnesota's in a bad way. Right now, they're looking primed for an early exit from the playoffs.

So, good for Brett. Good for him for having a great game. Doesn't matter. The rest of the team was exposed by a 6-9 team. Their defense was exposed by Brett Jr. and a receiving corps led by Devin Aromashadu. They're in trouble, despite however you try to spin what happened last night.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre plays great in a loss. Good for him. They still lost. They've lost 3 of 4, 2 of those to teams that won't be in the Playoffs. They can't run the ball, they can't defend the pass, they're looking more and more vulnerable by the week. All 5 of the other playoff teams in the NFC can pass the living hell out of the ball. Minnesota's in a bad way. Right now, they're looking primed for an early exit from the playoffs.

So, good for Brett. Good for him for having a great game. Doesn't matter. The rest of the team was exposed by a 6-9 team. Their defense was exposed by Brett Jr. and a receiving corps led by Devin Aromashadu. They're in trouble, despite however you try to spin what happened last night.
And to echo as others have pointed out:
If this is the Vikes team the Pack plays, the Pack would win the playoffs against them.
But hopefully the Vikes will be taken out in the first round, which also looks likely.
This is a different Vikes team, and they aren't starting as strong as they did. They are getting weaker and weaker by the week.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this is the Vikes team the Pack plays, the Pack would win the playoffs against them.
But hopefully the Vikes will be taken out in the first round, which also looks likely.
This is a different Vikes team, and they aren't starting as strong as they did. They are getting weaker and weaker by the week.
Well pending how this week plays out they may have to wait for week 2 to be bumped by the Packers

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score

Another way of looking at it is actually to give some credit to those teams they have played ...

I recall when the Packers were on a (mini) streak going to Tampa, only to get beat ...

Tampa last week travelled to New Orleans and beat the Saints in their own house ...

To call the Vikings "weak" is a little far fetched, even at this point ... - While the Vikings certainly seem to have some issues it just seems a little too premature to rule them out ... Especially considering that they are still the single ONLY NFL team that hasn't been beat at home ... And a possible wild card game *will* be played in Minnesota ...

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And I would like to point out that a GB d was exposed by a struggling Pitt team just days ago...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
To call the Vikings "weak" is a little far fetched, even at this point ... - While the Vikings certainly seem to have some issues it just seems a little too premature to rule them out ... Especially considering that they are still the single ONLY NFL team that hasn't been beat at home ... And a possible wild card game *will* be played in Minnesota ...

I would agree with that. I pointed out some problems the Vikes have in my earlier post, but they're still a Super Bowl caliber team. There is no perfect team. New Orleans can't play D anymore, Indy can't run the ball, Philly isn't all that great on D, nobody's perfect. Other teams are peaking right now, though, and I think that's where the Vikings are in a bit of trouble. Even Favre has said they aren't peaking at the right time. We've seen time and time again where it isn't necessarily the best team on paper that gets to the Bowl, it's the team that can get on a hot streak at the right time.

I still wouldn't be completely surprised if Minnesota gets to the Bowl (though right now, I wouldn't bet money on them over Philly/Dallas/Arizona). I remember Arizona getting murdered regularly going into the playoffs last year and they all of a sudden flipped a switch. I don't see why Minny can't do the same.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
And I would like to point out that a GB d was exposed by a struggling Pitt team just days ago...

Indeed they were. As I just pointed out in my previous post, no team is perfect.

And frankly, i'll be one of the few Packer fans to tell you I think this team is a first round elimination. I'm not running around claiming Super Bowl, because I don't like looking like an idiot. I know we have faults, I think those faults will get us beat fairly early in the playoffs.

Frankly, i'm seeing a Philly/New Orleans NFC Championship.

(N.O. beats 3 seed Minnesota in a battle of teams playing like crap lately, final score something like 87-84, Philly beats 4 seed Arizona)

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I would agree with that. I pointed out some problems the Vikes have in my earlier post, but they're still a Super Bowl caliber team. There is no perfect team. New Orleans can't play D anymore, Indy can't run the ball, Philly isn't all that great on D, nobody's perfect. Other teams are peaking right now, though, and I think that's where the Vikings are in a bit of trouble. Even Favre has said they aren't peaking at the right time. We've seen time and time again where it isn't necessarily the best team on paper that gets to the Bowl, it's the team that can get on a hot streak at the right time.

I still wouldn't be completely surprised if Minnesota gets to the Bowl (though right now, I wouldn't bet money on them over Philly/Dallas/Arizona). I remember Arizona getting murdered regularly going into the playoffs last year and they all of a sudden flipped a switch. I don't see why Minny can't do the same.

Are you sure you are a bonafied true "Packer Fan that bleeds Green and Gold" ? ...

*chuckles*

(just kidding) - but seriously ... that was a really good post :)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed.
ANYTHING can happen.
It's easy to lose foresight of that of the teams your either rooting for or against.
We'll just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, Go Pack!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Yup thats why Seattle was able to destroy the Packers Defense

Wait what...huh.??

One thing to be "exposed" its another thing to attack it and be successful

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts