Za'Darius Smith had back surgery

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Team is hoping he'll be able to come back late this year....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New reports have Za' Darius out for the season. Even if that's a slight exaggeration, its a huge loss. Gary's production has been about a third of what Z Smith was able to achieve the past two seasons. Pressure is now on him. LaFleur enjoyed two relatively Iow injury years in 2019 and 2020. Not this year! Teams can overcome injuries as long as they aren't to key players. In 2013 and 2017, Rodgers Injuries ruined the season. Last year, the Packers o line couldn't make up for Bakhtiari's injury in the NFCCG. Next man up works if the guy injured is replaceable. How did Z hurt his back? No reports at all about that. Was it in last year's NFCCG? He was already badly hurt by June so it didn't happen in camp.

Reaction score
That’s unfortunate. He’s one of our best Pocket disrupters. Hopefully he’s back by the last Quarter season.
We need to start poking around for veteran help at LB. A trade deal?

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm....thats not good. Heflin up now I think. Burks may be able to fill a role on a rotational D. I think Taylor might fill in well for MVS.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Team is hoping he'll be able to come back late this year....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Not good. Probably will have no impact this season at all. Now we have to look for more help. Just wish we had not spent that money on Cobb. Could have bought someone who could be effective.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s unfortunate. He’s one of our best Pocket disrupters. Hopefully he’s back by the last Quarter season.
We need to start poking around for veteran help at LB. A trade deal?
Definitely. Unless we want a very suspect pass rush the rest of the season. Mahommes is smiling right now.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to doubt a guy, but based on how Z has behaved this season, I wonder if it’s one of those things where he could have played through it. He has been unhappy, so maybe decided to shut it down and have the surgery instead of playing.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to doubt a guy, but based on how Z has behaved this season, I wonder if it’s one of those things where he could have played through it. He has been unhappy, so maybe decided to shut it down and have the surgery instead of playing.
I hate to doubt it also. I am not so sure that trying to come back from this surgery helps his stock. Playing the year and putting up numbers usually does.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dr have to approve it..I would never fault a guy who needs back surgery

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dr have to approve it..I would never fault a guy who needs back surgery
Should he have waited until after the season? If this was the case he probably needed it like 6 months ago but tried to see how he would perform.

D

Deleted member 6794

With Z starting training camp on the PUP list because of a back issue I wonder why it took that long to realize he needed surgery???

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I give it better than 50% that we've seen Z in a Packer uniform for the last time.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No idea what is actually wrong with his back, but it's not a simple thing. many can get past it without surgery, depends obviously, but there is hardly anything that happens in the back that is a surgical fix only. In fact I'd most most of what goes on back there can be "fixed" without. But you never know until you do it. Sometimes it doesn't work. Sometimes it takes too long, sometimes you just change your mind.

we don't even know what's wrong other than it's his "back". could be a lot of things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts