YOU CAN'T BLAME FAVRE FOR THIS CRAP!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's like they've sent him to war armed only with a swiss-army knife...and everyone else has machine guns...

(or without proper body armor and no reinforcement on his humvee...)

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NIIICE....get one of those bleeding heart liberal comments on a football forum. Maybe Ryan isn't paying attention.

BTW...who the hell is blaming Favre?

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What comment...you should arm your football players properly DEpack..don't you agree?

Many people have and WILL blame Favre..musscy for one...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grow up Pack66...really, stop trying to pick fights by contorting what I say. I've always said throughout this tough start that everyone is to blame.

I understand what TT is trying to accomplish, but on his watch, the offensive line has gone to hell in a handbasket.

I understand that the defense takes time, but it's Bates' defense that has forced but 2 turnovers this year.

Sherman had some **** poor clock mgmt. in the Cleveland game.

Brett has continued to whip the ball around w/out considering the consequences.

Driver and Fergy, 2 guys the Pack used to be able to rely on, have been very shaky catching balls...I could go on, but you should get my drift...it's a team effort in ineptitude to this point, but w/ that said....

Lee just caught a TD pass and the pack are down only 11.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i never said nothing about Bush..Depack...

you are just trying to start trouble...ain't ya?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uh, Who's Nate Wayne? j/k

I posted a new original thought thread - which all can disagree with to their hearts content...

Go check it out.... Oh, and DePack was who posted the political comment....

Go check out my new thread.....

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
re not Favre's fault

Agree with the post that people are going to blame Favre (and Sherman, and Rossley, and Bates) anyway, but much of the real problem isn't with Brett or a Frankensteinish offense, it's injuries, penalties, and wet noodle defense.
The x & 0 forum members will no doubt provide more detailed analysis, but hey, if your opponent can zip up and down the field at will, that would seem to indicate a problem with our defense.
Favre busted his **** getting GB back into the game, nearly pulling out what would've been an astonishing win. Bottom line is GB dug a hole too deep to get out of.
We could take solace that the rest of our division stinks, from all appearances, but unless GB's younger players get it together in a hurry, moot point.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This just goes to show you that even when Favre is at his best, the Packers are still going to loose. Just think about how bad it is going to be when he walks away after this year.

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or being pushed out to pasture. The guy's the best around at what he does, skip the flavor of the season crap.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if the offense was not going 3 and out for the better part of the season, perhaps they would have something to give when thrust back onto the field. Personally, I think the defense has held up its end of the bargain. But turnovers for points, and ****** field position (all shortcomings of the offense) are killing them.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
clicked on the link........didn't see any listing, can you just paste the bullet points........i've always hated having to click links to see some other info, just post it here!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Man Speaks the Truth.
The Packers' offseason in hindsight
October 4, 2005

It's difficult for me to believe that a team quarterbacked by Brett Favre could be 0-4.

A lot of people probably are blaming Favre for at least some of the Packers' problems. But I don't see Favre as the issue. Has he thrown some interceptions? Sure. He's thrown eight of them. But six of them have come when the Packers were trailing and Favre was trying to do anything he could to get his team back in a game.

Favre can still play. But the talent around him has eroded significantly. In hindsight, it was a disastrous decision to allow guards Marco Rivera and Mark Wahle to leave. Most of us were under the assumption that guards are replaceable, but these guys obviously were not. The Packers have not been able to run the ball at all without them. Running back Ahman Green hasn't looked like himself, but he often gets hit before he gets out of the backfield.

Losing Javon Walker to injury also was another crippling blow.

And defensively, the Packers have been in a state of deterioration for a couple of years. The team loaded up on cornerbacks in last year's draft, and neither Ahmad Carroll nor Joey Thomas has helped much.

The Packers drafted a player they hope will be Favre's successor this past April when they chose Aaron Rodgers. As it turned out, what they really needed was a player who could help Favre, not replace him.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
This Man Speaks the Truth.
The Packers' offseason in hindsight
October 4, 2005

It's difficult for me to believe that a team quarterbacked by Brett Favre could be 0-4.

A lot of people probably are blaming Favre for at least some of the Packers' problems. But I don't see Favre as the issue. Has he thrown some interceptions? Sure. He's thrown eight of them. But six of them have come when the Packers were trailing and Favre was trying to do anything he could to get his team back in a game.

Favre can still play. But the talent around him has eroded significantly. In hindsight, it was a disastrous decision to allow guards Marco Rivera and Mark Wahle to leave. Most of us were under the assumption that guards are replaceable, but these guys obviously were not. The Packers have not been able to run the ball at all without them. Running back Ahman Green hasn't looked like himself, but he often gets hit before he gets out of the backfield.

Losing Javon Walker to injury also was another crippling blow.

And defensively, the Packers have been in a state of deterioration for a couple of years. The team loaded up on cornerbacks in last year's draft, and neither Ahmad Carroll nor Joey Thomas has helped much.

The Packers drafted a player they hope will be Favre's successor this past April when they chose Aaron Rodgers. As it turned out, what they really needed was a player who could help Favre, not replace him.

Sorry, but this is no surprise at all to me. Go back and check my posts. I said months ago that not bringing back Marco Rivera and Mark Wahle was going to kill the Packers more than anyone wanted to admit. I said that the offense would miss a step and the defense is not nearly good enough to make up the difference. No trolling, flaming or even bragging. Just a little reminder from an outside observer.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Sorry, but this is no surprise at all to me. Go back and check my posts. I said months ago that not bringing back Marco Rivera and Mark Wahle was going to kill the Packers more than anyone wanted to admit. I said that the offense would miss a step and the defense is not nearly good enough to make up the difference. No trolling, flaming or even bragging. Just a little reminder from an outside observer.

well it's not like you went out on a limb there Phil..i mean you pretty much echoed 80% percent of the coverage on the Packers. i'm just taking a shot in the dark here, but you were probably speaking of the horrible year we would have during the previous offseason...and i don't even have to guess what you were predicting after our 1-4 start.

and damn your infernal cyan...i refuse to quote it!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration wrote

"Sorry, but this is no surprise at all to me. Go back and check my posts. I said months ago that not bringing back Marco Rivera and Mark Wahle was going to kill the Packers more than anyone wanted to admit. I said that the offense would miss a step and the defense is not nearly good enough to make up the difference. No trolling, flaming or even bragging. Just a little reminder from an outside observer."

A month ago you WERE flaming, trolling, and even bragging a bit....

Are you changing your ways? I don't see it...

Why don't you worry about the Bears chances. They seem to know a thing or two about losing. Packers had their cram course... They will start to win. Which the Bears have not YET learned.

Members online

Latest posts