You are the dumbest people on the planet.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you are suprised/*****ing about our poor running game from a year in which we were starting 3 new players on the O line.....2 of which were rookies? Are you also suprised when a lead weight sinks when thrown into the pond??

Wow....think with a year's worth of experience, full knowledge of the playbook and an entire off-season dedicated to getting stronger the O-line MIGHT perform better this year?? Their obvious priority last year was keeping #4 upright....that will change this year to a more balanced attack.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you are suprised/*****ing about our poor running game from a year in which we were starting 3 new players on the O line.....2 of which were rookies? Are you also suprised when a lead weight sinks when thrown into the pond??

Wow....think with a year's worth of experience, full knowledge of the playbook and an entire off-season dedicated to getting stronger the O-line MIGHT perform better this year?? Their obvious priority last year was keeping #4 upright....that will change this year to a more balanced attack.

Or the guys you are counting on to produce may not have the same effect not being a "change of pace" anymore and their stats might drop tremendously.

We can argue might and possibly all day long, but the fact of the matter is that our running game on paper is no better than it was last year, and on paper, probably worse.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

Or the guys you are counting on to produce may not have the same effect not being a "change of pace" anymore and their stats might drop tremendously.

We can argue might and possibly all day long, but the fact of the matter is that our running game on paper is no better than it was last year, and on paper, probably worse.

First of all the running game starts with the "0" line and for anyone to say that this line is more than likely to regress than progress is well....not going to sell me, for one, on that theory.

The amount of experience and what these guys learned, and, having that year under their belts together is reason to believe, without stretching it much, that they will be better.

Secondly, teams like Indy, who lost a hell of a lot better RB than what we had here, ended up just fine at RB. The truth of it is this is the easiest position to get the most production out of there is. It's been proven by RB's big and small selected all over the board.

If, for some reason, we don't see that guy we need over the next few months, there will be a multitude of RB's to pick from before final cuts. Maybe even that high priced guy that won't be quite that high before it's all said and done.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
axelred13 said:
digsthepack said:

First of all the running game starts with the "0" line and for anyone to say that this line is more than likely to regress than progress is well....not going to sell me, for one, on that theory.

The amount of experience and what these guys learned, and, having that year under their belts together is reason to believe, without stretching it much, that they will be better.

Secondly, teams like Indy, who lost a hell of a lot better RB than what we had here, ended up just fine at RB. The truth of it is this is the easiest position to get the most production out of there is. It's been proven by RB's big and small selected all over the board.

If, for some reason, we don't see that guy we need over the next few months, there will be a multitude of RB's to pick from before final cuts. Maybe even that high priced guy that won't be quite that high before it's all said and done.

You cannot compare Indy's running game to what we have/had.

When you have two Pro Bowl recievers in Harrison and Wayne, then throw in Stokley, catching passes from the best QB in the game now, the running game will open up for guys with not as much talent.

You are right, the running game does start with the O-line, but without a RB capable of seeing the holes and having the quickness/toughness to get thru the holes, it doesn't matter how good teh O-line is. Then bring in the fact that this is still a very young O-line learning a new system so there will be some assignment misses, just like any O-line and there won't be an open hole every time we run the ball.

Then, both of the guys who were on the team last year, and are still currently on the team had injuries that had them miss games.

All, I'm saying is that we are hurting at this particular position. Its a KEY position, not only to gain yards when running, but to open the passing game too. (Yes, I know a good passing game will open some hole for the RBs too, but we don't have Marvin, Reggie, Stokley, and Manning).

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When our #1 pick was announced, I was stunned and disappointed. But then, after reading Harrell did 32 lifts, my concern left because very few guys can do 32 especially any with a "tendon tear". He's very healthy. I have been envious of the DLs of Minny and the Bears but now it may well be that WE have one to compare. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd put money on it. Our LBers will not have OL all over them this year so they'll be better able to do their jobs. Now we should extend Corey Williams (he won't cost much) and we'll be solid for years. KGB will be the only weakness, I'm afraid. Our STs should be MUCH improved(heaven be praised) and the new kicking prospect will bring more touch-backs, I believe. RB still has me concerned but, as has been stated, the improvement in the OL play should make the position easier to fill. I like the new OT, Barbre, who plays with passion. Now if Underwood and Blackmon can make comebacks, our D will be in hog-heaven. And I think they will.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB will be the only weakness, I'm afraid.
People keep talking about Harrell improving the DT spot, but he should also help the DE spot. We were forced to play Jenkins and Williams at DT against the run (not their strength), but those moves also forced KGB in more non-passing situation at DE. Now, with Harrell, you will see Jenkins (and even Williams at times) opposite Kampman more and I doubt KGB sees very many non-passing situations.

So, you could argue going from KGB to Williams or Jenkins at DE will help the run game as much as going from Williams or Jenkins to Harrell at DT. So, it's almost like we've added two run stuffers to our D.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts