You are the dumbest people on the planet.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny...........i was listening to the radio tonight, and EVERY person that called in thought their draft was the WORST EVER!
And these were fans of different teams!
Truth is, like i said in other threads, it's a crap shoot. If you end up making the right moves, you win.
Harrel might end up being a MAJOR force. He could be the next Grady Jackson or Gilbert Brown. Or he might continue the injury crap and flame out into nothing.
I heard he showed that he was healed by his bench presses he did.

And Moss bailed on the Packers.......can't blame anyone but HIM for that.
Guess it shows the people on here that hated him were right......he's a jerk. Hopefully he will make us all happy by being "himself" in NE. Then we will be able to be REALLY happy that the jerk bailed on us.

I think i will take the "wait and see" route before calling this off season good or bad. None of us really knows how it will turn out yet.
Heck.......when the Colts drafted Peyton Manning, many of their fans BOOED too! They wanted Ryan Leaf! Look how that turned out for them.

Reaction score
Well I think we can all agree on one thing: It is a good thing that the Pats aren't in our division.

If Moss plays out, they will be dangerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrous!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Well I think we can all agree on one thing: It is a good thing that the Pats aren't in our division.

Yup.....it's the same "IF" we were counting on.
With him though, who knows which Randy will show up there?
I thought maybe he had changed his ways.........

Reaction score
I agree, but even if he can change it for one year, is it worth it? I'm starting to see when you say it wouldn't have been.

I'm starting to think the old Randy would have eventually made an appearance if he had been traded to the Packers.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup Allabout...........i think it was wishful thinking on my part to think the leopard might have changed his spots.
He is (or maybe was) VERY talented, but his "dorkfullness" will shine through.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see some logical posting today after the sensationalism of yesterday, i'm very much thrilled with our picks, we drafted high character guys and our ST play should improve greatly this year.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OregonPackFan said:
I merely pointed out was Randy Moss hasn't been more productive than Driver for the past couple of seasons, when Lare argued Moss was more productive than anyone on our roster. However he was clearly wrong.

Just kind of curious as to where I argued Moss was more productive than anyone else on our roster.

The point is, is Moss more productive than anyone else the Packers have and could he help them win more games.

If the answer is yes, then they should gladly have given up a 4th for him.

just about here Lare

You are obviously pissed about us not getting him, that has to mean you think he is more productive than anyone he have got.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
OregonPackFan said:
I merely pointed out was Randy Moss hasn't been more productive than Driver for the past couple of seasons, when Lare argued Moss was more productive than anyone on our roster. However he was clearly wrong.

Just kind of curious as to where I argued Moss was more productive than anyone else on our roster.

You never did, but I bet that if you take DD and Jennings out of the equaotion, Moss will be more productive than all the rest of owr WR´s combined in yards gained and TD´s.

I bet if you took Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison out of the equation that Greg Jennings would be more productive than all the rest of the WR's combined in yards and TD's the Colts have.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL, the hypocricy is amazing. I bet the tune would have alot different has Moss become a Packer.

I predicted it

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, it probably would've been different, but you know as well as anyone on here who wanted Moss that it is a product of the human condition to rationalize things, and probably more accurate than saying "i bet randy moss will be a turd" would be to say "i hope randy moss will be a turd." I, for one, hope Randy Moss will be a turd. would i feel differently if he had become a Packer? uh, yeah! It's not surprising how people are acting, and i'm pretty sure everyone on here would've expected the same reaction, so it's not like you saying that you predicted it is much of a stretch.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
well, it probably would've been different, but you know as well as anyone on here who wanted Moss that it is a product of the human condition to rationalize things, and probably more accurate than saying "i bet randy moss will be a turd" would be to say "i hope randy moss will be a turd." I, for one, hope Randy Moss will be a turd. would i feel differently if he had become a Packer? uh, yeah! It's not surprising how people are acting, and i'm pretty sure everyone on here would've expected the same reaction, so it's not like you saying that you predicted it is much of a stretch.

I'm sorry but as the caveman on the Gieco commercial says................................................................................ Uhhhhh, What?

Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

I totally agree with you.

But to be honest, I'd rather try to find justification that it'd have been a bad move than sulk that we didn't get Moss.

I wanted him badly, but at this point there isn't anything that'll change what happened.

Nice bit of psychology there bozz.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

I'm sorry but as the caveman on the Gieco commercial says................................................................................ Uhhhhh, What?

that's a funny commercial.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
OregonPackFan said:

The point is, is Moss more productive than anyone else the Packers have and could he help them win more games.

If the answer is yes, then they should gladly have given up a 4th for him.

just about here Lare

You are obviously pissed about us not getting him, that has to mean you think he is more productive than anyone he have got.

Still fail to see why you are reading what you want to into my opinions, so just to set the record straight;

I did not want Randy Moss as a Green Bay Packer, and I am not pissed we didn't get him.

IMO, Randy Moss is more talented than any other WR on our roster, other than maybe Donald Driver, and would probably be more productive than any of them. If that is the case, he is easily well worth a 4th round draft pick and $3 million per year. Although I still don't want him as a Packer because he is a head case, same as I don't want T.O.

If I am pissed about anything, it's that TT still hasn't done anything to improve the offense this year in my opinion. And to save you the trouble of reading something into that statement, I'm not saying he's totally done this offseason or that some of these guys may not be productive in the future, just that I don't see where we are any better off yet. And I don't see many other teams in the NFL where we can say the same thing (that is, that they have done as little as the Packers have to improve themselves for the coming season).

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
kmac said:
Zero2Cool said:
I'm ignorant when it comes to college talent, but I thought S Nelson would have been a good pick. That's just off what I read an a few clips I've seen though.
He is a good player, but how does he fit on our team?

You know that Marquand Manuel guy? Yeah, he'd take his spot :)
Probably not. Nelson is a fantastic cover safety, but simply is not fit to play SS in our defense.

Actually I disagree. The basic Bates defense, which is what we still run, calls for essentially 2 free safeties. The big DTs are supposed to take up blockers to free up the LBs to do most of what the SS would do and then use the safeties as additional support in coverage.

This is why Manuel was such a poor fit for our defense. It is also why another good coverage safety would be a good fit.

That being said, Nelson would have been a big reach at #16. My preference would have been to trade down, but TT didn't believe that he got any offers worth taking, so he took the BPA. That just shows his quality in drafting. The best way to build a team through the draft is to do a ton of research to prepare and then pick the BPA irregardless of need. By picking the BPA at our deepest position on the roster (DT), TT demonstrated that he is able to do just that. This is why he has done well in the draft. Now hopefully he has a plan to fill a couple of holes through FA.

GO PACK GO!!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe that people here are so angry! I mean, I understand the initial fervor over the Harrell selection. The fact is, the same people who were so dissatisfied after FA, who would say "even with Moss, our team has a lot of holes to fill in, both starters and depthwise, before we can even dream about a SB run" (or something to that effect) are the same ones who are now screaming about "no playmakers!!!!!!"

Fact is, the problems for this team go beyond the untouchable Favre having no playmakers.

Special teams: in the bottom third of the league last year

Run defense: Not exceptional, not awful

Everyone needs to take into consideration that there are a ton of positions to fill, not just starters on O and D. Yeah, we need playmakers. but we need role players to do there jobs so that the playmakers can make plays.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok...I was wrong about not rushing for 1000 yds next season. I forgot how easy it was to actually do that.

BUT, my point the entire time was that our running game is going to suffer with what we have now.

I cannot argue what is going to happen in the future, nor do I really want to. This, in all likelyhood, will be Brett's last year. After he's gone, we have Aaron Rodgers who has looked anything but the heir apparent in his appearances.

I am preparing for "the long haul" after this year. We showed so much promise finishing last season and we really haven't done anything to improve on that for next year. Years down the line, maybe or maybe not.

I just don't understand why everyone is so content with building for the future when we could have had a serious chance of at least making it to the NFC Championship team?

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok...I was wrong about not rushing for 1000 yds next season. I forgot how easy it was to actually do that.

BUT, my point the entire time was that our running game is going to suffer with what we have now.
Last season GB ranked 23rd in the NFL in rush yards/game (103.9), 22nd in ypc (3.9), 22nd in rushing first downs (93) and 26th in rushing TDs (9).

We sure had a dynamite rushing attack last season. It made teams like Arizona and Cleveland blush with envy. Green was well below average last season and without the strong play of Morency (4.6 ypc), we would have been even more putrid.

Having another year of development on our OL as well as some young legs at RB will improve over last season without even figuring in the ability of the young back.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green was well below average last season and without the strong play of Morency (4.6 ypc), we would have been even more putrid.

I'm guessing you'd find a lot of knowledgeable NFL people that would disagree with that assessment.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arles said:
Green was well below average last season and without the strong play of Morency (4.6 ypc), we would have been even more putrid.

I'm guessing you'd find a lot of knowledgeable NFL people that would disagree with that assessment.

:chalflag:

and you're basing that off of what?

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gattocheese said:
I get to voice my opinion too. lol. But its about the same as everyone else. I actually like the idea of rebuilding, and trying to get "depth" and studs in the draft, just for the fact we were getting old. BUT, big but, is that Favre said that "if TT told him that he was rebuilding and wasnt needed that he would retire or move on from GB" I thought we would be at least in the playoffs this season. Now with a very weak backfield, and still tight ends that wash their hands with butter, what makes us better for this year?

I like Favre too much, but i would be happier this year if A-Rod was under center "growing" with this young team, now Favre could go down in burning flames because of no likely support. I like my QB too much for such a bad retirement. But i hope i am wrong, i hope that Jackson turns into a sleeper like Jones-Drew next season.

Yea, i really hope Favre reties or gets traded so i can watch him go out the right way. Not like this. Not on this crap team. We have gotten worse and everyone in our division has improved immensely. Even playing the Lions will be hard games to win. What a joke.

Did I miss something, I thought Rex Grossman was still Chicago's quarterback.

Seriously though, Chicago lost their starting running back and still have Rex under center. They signed no one and in the draft they took Greg Olsen (Olsen didn't produce with a **** qb in college last year--40 catches and 1 td--and that won't change in the NFL). The NFL "experts" are saying they made a mistake in not drafting a DT. I liked Garrett Wolfe but will he overcome his size problem (now I hope not).
Detroit has added Calvin Johnson and... well I like Stanton but I don't think he's ready to be an starting QB and he will probably never be anything above average. In free agency they added pretty much backup caliber players except for Duckett and they lost Dre Bly.
Minnesota also brought in nothing but backups in free agency. In the draft they brought in Adrian Peterson who will either be good or injured and three receiving prospects. However, they're starting quarterback is projected to be Tarvaris Jackson.

...so who improves in the NFC North is almost entirely based on whose players develope the most and whose team has the best rookies. Guess what, at this point no one here has the slightest clue as to who will develop more because none of us can read the future. There is NO need to panic yet.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1000 yds in 14 games.
He averaged 4 ypc. 21 teams had a starting back with a better number there and 28 backs in total (with atleast 100 carries) beat it (not counting Morency).

If that's good production, my guess is we will get outstanding production from our current stable of backs this season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

LOL, the hypocricy is amazing. I bet the tune would have alot different has Moss become a Packer.

I predicted it
At least you are consistant Pyle.
Please tell me, where was i being a hypocrite? I stated all along i was on the fence as far as Moss goes. But IF he came here, of COURSE I hoped it would work out. Thats the way i stated it all along. Is that being "hypocritical?"
And of course now that HE made the decision not to come here, of COURSE I hope he screws up their team.
I don't see any of it as being hypocritical.
YOU stated in several threads about how bad TT's picks are, and then state how you HOPE you are wrong. Do you really hope you are wrong? Or are you hoping that you are right, so that you can come on here and crow? I question if you are really a Packer fan first, or if you really hope they tank so you can rub everyone's nose in it.
I think that is your priority.