You are the dumbest people on the planet.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey buddy... Brett Favre stayed.
you can feel free to leave if you hate everything about this team

you dont like the GM and what he is doing... feel free to bounce on to the next team.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey buddy... Brett Favre stayed.
you can feel free to leave if you hate everything about this team

you dont like the GM and what he is doing... feel free to bounce on to the next team.

LOL, are you the spokesperson for the Packers. I think not. Judging by the boo's from the Packer fans I think you are in the minority

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boos from Packers fans looking for the flashy pick. Sorry to disappoint you guys. Go see Die Hard 5 and forget your woes.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT's plan for improvement seems to be throwing a bunch of average talent bodies at a position and see if some of them progress and stick.

In either free agency or the draft I guess I would have liked to see us add:

One good, playmaking WR. (we got three young possibilities)

One good, proven running back. (a couple of young possibilities)

One good fullback. (nothing yet)

Some backup CB options in case either of our aging CBs get injured (nothing yet)

One tight end that could be considered a pass-catching threat. (nothing yet)

One solid OL veteran who could step in and help the young bucks if needed. (nothing yet)

A solid strong safety prospect that can stop the big plays over the middle (Rouse maybe, but he weighs about as much as a LB)

A pass covering LB to stop the plays that killed us last year (Rouse maybe)

Another backup QB prospect (nothing yet)

On the bright side, we did add a DT that could be productive if he stays healthy, a rookie kicker with a strong leg, a backup OT and some backup players at LB that should help improve the special teams.

All in all, looks to be some holes yet to fill before the season starts. Unfortunately, the June 1st cuts don't exist anymore, there's little left in free agency and I don't see us having much on the roster that other teams may want in a trade.

Oh well, as I said in another post, something good is going to come out of this season one way or another.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you have lost it and how much complaining your doing already is pretty much pointless. Our gm and scouts gave us players that they felt would be the best and help us win. It is obvisous some of you here are just all about big name draftees that you always here alot about. You cant fully judge a draft until you see who pans out you are really jumping the gun. I couldnt imaging what some of you would have done if you were Lions fans the last couple of years and Matt Millen was your gm, you probably would be sitting in prison because you would have commited a murder or something.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that many have missed the point of drafting. In today's game, unless you always are drafting very high, there a few sure things. Thompson isn't drafting depth necessarily, he's drafting projects that can become players. It's a strategy that Wolf and Sherman used and it yielded players like Brooks, Freeman, Levens, Barnett and Walker. Does a team hit on all of them? No, not even with the top picks. A team has to build, with the idea in mind, that's is going to have to develop players that can step in and fill the voids created by free agency and injury. This isn't about depth, it's about the future.

Some teams like New England and Denver, that are now in decline, want to side-step that or haven't been succuessful in drafting and invest heavily in free agency. Taking players that other teams don't want doesn't work and the decline continues.

The time to take "select" free agents is when you're a player or two away. The rest should be home grown with young talent from the draft, undrafted free agents and young players that other teams don't want. It's a tough game and their are 31 other teams trying to win it all, as well.

OP
OP
K

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some teams like New England and Denver, that are now in decline, want to side-step that or haven't been succuessful in drafting and invest heavily in free agency. Taking players that other teams don't want doesn't work and the decline continues.
This is an ignorant comment. New England is obviously a contender this year. Thomas, Welker, Stallworth, and Moss are hardly "Players other teams don't want."

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Some of you have lost it and how much complaining your doing already is pretty much pointless. Our gm and scouts gave us players that they felt would be the best and help us win. It is obvisous some of you here are just all about big name draftees that you always here alot about. You cant fully judge a draft until you see who pans out you are really jumping the gun. I couldnt imaging what some of you would have done if you were Lions fans the last couple of years and Matt Millen was your gm, you probably would be sitting in prison because you would have commited a murder or something

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ya know just throwing this out there cuz I got a chuckle out of it.

The 'what if you were Lions fans and had Matt Millen as your GM?' comment made me think. What if thats the direction were heading? lol

I don't think we'll ever be that bottom feederish though. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
This is an ignorant comment. New England is obviously a contender this year. Thomas, Welker, Stallworth, and Moss are hardly "Players other teams don't want."

KMAC is right and I hate saying this because I hate New England but are you evening watching football Mackie? New England is not in a decline and they havent been, once again they are front runners to win the superbowl and have been one of the strongest teams for awhile now. And New England cant draft and invest heavily in free agents? what are you smoking most years they stay out of FA unlike this year and they are one of the best drafting teams lets just look at some picks last year is hard to tell so far but Laurence Marony 2005 Logan Mankins 2004 Vince Wilfork, Ben Watson 2003 Ty Warren, Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel, Dan Koppen, Tully Banta-Cain 2002 Daniel Graham, Deion Branch, David Givens 2001 Richard Seymour, Matt Light 2000 Tom Brady they have nailed on some really good players in all differnt parts of the draft. And Denver although not as good has really nailed some draft picks as well.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they're drafting so well, why are they not keeping some of their starters and starting to rely heavily on free agents. That's what free agency have given the NFL, the reality of falling further and faster, instead of relying on home grown players as they have in the past. They are so desperate, they traded for Moss. We'll see. They might be the best in a weak division but are definitely in decline. The signs are all there, especially the free agency.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you have lost it and how much complaining your doing already is pretty much pointless. Our gm and scouts gave us players that they felt would be the best and help us win. It is obvisous some of you here are just all about big name draftees that you always here alot about. You cant fully judge a draft until you see who pans out you are really jumping the gun. I couldnt imaging what some of you would have done if you were Lions fans the last couple of years and Matt Millen was your gm, you probably would be sitting in prison because you would have commited a murder or something.

You know what, that may be, but how can people sit on here and say all of these picks are good picks? I looked after every pick, and people are on here, "Oh yeah, good pick, good pick." I'm sorry, you can't have it both ways.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think they traded for moss out of desparation. i think they traded for him because he is one of the most talented WR's in the history of the NFL and they think (actually, they know) they can handle any and all of his ********.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<<<On the bright side, we did add a DT that could be productive if he stays healthy>>>

He better be more than productive. He better be a star, given the health risks and the fact that the Packers had more pressing needs, especially at TE. A project that could play as second TE with speed and hands has been a major undertaking by the Packers since Keith Jackson. It's obvious what they're looking for doesn't come along very often. They should have drafted Olson...reach or not...he has the tools. He might not be a good blocker but he could have played as 2nd tight end for a couple of years while he develops his skills.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i don't think they traded for moss out of desparation. i think they traded for him because he is one of the most talented WR's in the history of the NFL and they think (actually, they know) they can handle any and all of his ********.

You have to be desperate to draft Moss. He doesn't have the desire, attitude, concentration nor the nads. He has a chronic ankle injury and he doesn't fight for yardage, even if the game is on the line. He has shorter arms than Schroeder. He drops too many passes and isn't reliable over the middle. I'm from Minnesota and have had the misfortune of watching him since he was a rookie and a stud that ran through db's like bowling pins.

He still has most of his talent and that all everyone thinks about it but he getting up there in age and he seems more concerned about not getting hurt than helping his team win.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point is, is Moss more productive than anyone else the Packers have and could he help them win more games.

If the answer is yes, then they should gladly have given up a 4th for him.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss last 3 years:

2004: 767 yards 13 TDs
2005: 1005 yards 8 TDs
2006: 553 yards 3 TDs

Donald Driver last 3 years:

2004: 1208 yards 9 TDs
2005: 1221 yards 5 TDs
2006: 1295 yards 8 TDs

Donald Driver has been way more productive than Moss the last couple of years, he has also been more stable and is a good locker room character.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss last 3 years:

Donald Driver has been way more productive than Moss the last couple of years, he has also been more stable and is a good locker room character.

LOL, Now we are going to start downplaying Moss. Everyone on here was saying he was SO GREAT for the last month. Now we didn't get him so he stinks

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not downplaying him. i wanted him to be a packer really bad. but i'm also not flying off the handle like a bunch of the people on here, calling for TT's head and posting empty threats about, "Harrell had better be PHENOMENAL or else!..."

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OregonPackFan said:
Randy Moss last 3 years:

LOL, Now we are going to start downplaying Moss. Everyone on here was saying he was SO GREAT for the last month. Now we didn't get him so he stinks

You have to separate each individual, I have never been advocating Moss to the Packers and that he IS such a great WR. He was a great WR, but now his abillity is in question.

Surely could be a nice pickup, but I don't want him in Green Bay really.

I merely pointed out was Randy Moss hasn't been more productive than Driver for the past couple of seasons, when Lare argued Moss was more productive than anyone on our roster. However he was clearly wrong.

Donald Driver will most likely put up another 1200 yard++ season, he's an excellent WR.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point is, is Moss more productive than anyone else the Packers have and could he help them win more games.

If the answer is yes, then they should gladly have given up a 4th for him.
It's not the 4th round pick, it's the fact he wouldn't restructure his 2-year $18 million salary AND that he wanted to go to NE. This really wasn't GB's decision to make (unless you had no problem paying him $18 million and could convince Al Davis your lower 4th was the way to go instead of NE's better 4th).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Randy Moss last 3 years:

I love Donald, but I can't argue that Moss isn't a better WR. Moss gives you a deep threat and can change the outcome of a game. Donald can do the same, but not as often and he's not the same threat Moss is.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to start taking Randy serious again if he posts a 1000 yard and 10 TD ++ season for the Pats.

Latest posts