1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Yeah, whatever, Nick

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Heatherthepackgirl, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The great thing about knowing Nick Barnett since he was first introduced as the Packers' first-round draft pick in 2003 is that it's not hard to tell when he's serious and when he's just playing it cool.

So when he was asked basically if he'd like not only to beat the Seahawks but also to outshine the middle linebacker on the other sideline, Lofa Tatupu, as well as outside linebacker Julian Peterson, he delivered one boring, very un-Barnett-like speech.

"We look at this as an opportunity to move on to the NFC Championship Game," said Barnett. "Of course every player in this league wants to be noticed as one of the best in his position, but my emphasis is to make sure no guy catches the ball on me, make sure there's no missed tackles and that I'm playing with 110% effort."

Don't believe it. Barnett has had his sights on the Pro Bowl for the last two years. Other than a Super Bowl it has been his one driving source of motivation.

2. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And you know this how?

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    It is an opinion bud.. nothing more as noted by the word "believe", as a competitive person I would be. So I agree with the opinion, Barnett is probably a little miffed that he didn't make the Pro Bowl outright. However he did make 2nd team All Pro.

4. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    theres a 2nd team all-pro?

5. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
  6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
  7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! Nick sounds like a politician. When he turns 35, I'll write in Nick Barnett for my Presidential choice. :D

8. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And thats why she told us "Dont believe it" ? How does that work? how can you tell if he meant what he said or not? Cant we just take it at face value?

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like Nick is focused on exactly the right thing, which is winning the ballgame. The playoffs are not the time to be shooting off your mouth and worrying about making the Pro Bowl.

10. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im glad that he puts his team accomplishments ahead of individual ones. If I felt I was Pro Bowl worthy, I would definetly play harder though you probably don't need any extra motivation now that we're in the playoffs.

11. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks LT for posting the article, all that didnt come from my mouthy. LOL