Yards after the Catch

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many of Brett's 369 passing yards (it was 369 right?) were Yards After the Catch?

I am very glad of this tread, I remember ranting a few year ago about how our team sucked at YAC. Now we're thriving at it.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The receivers we have and the routes they run and the scheme all lead to YAC.

I think the success we are having is largely due to the fact Brett is not asked to go downtown to make a big play and if they keep running what they are sooner or later one of the guys will spring one.

By doing this the DB's HAVE to keep our guys in front of them because if they gamble or don't come from the right angle we're gone. Our WR's YAC is why there are open spots out there.

If the deep guys get too aggressive they know we'll take one to the house.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD is awesome in the YAC category. I didnt realize how great he was until i saw him last week. Took that HUGE hit and got back up. Great moves after the catch to get those extra yards. I'd take him over almost anyone if he didnt have as many drops. Definitely a top 5 receiver in the league in my book.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
DD is awesome in the YAC category. I didnt realize how great he was until i saw him last week. Took that HUGE hit and got back up. Great moves after the catch to get those extra yards. I'd take him over almost anyone if he didnt have as many drops. Definitely a top 5 receiver in the league in my book.

Gotta throw the needle in there... I don't know if I can count the times on one hand that he has dropped the ball.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah GB is bringing in guys who run good routes and have good hands, and it is paying off bigtime. A short 6 yard route gets 11 yards, a 13 yard route gets 20.

And add in the fact that MM is using the short pass routes as a substitution for the run, a lot of 2-3 yarders are going for 5-6.

It's awesome.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah GB is bringing in guys who run good routes and have good hands, and it is paying off bigtime. A short 6 yard route gets 11 yards, a 13 yard route gets 20.

And add in the fact that MM is using the short pass routes as a substitution for the run, a lot of 2-3 yarders are going for 5-6.

It's awesome.
(That darn TT! Bringing in good WR's!!! NOW what are we gonna complain about!?!?) end sarcasm :lol:

These guys are doing it! Favre's 420th TD was almost ALL YAC! Jennings took a quick short throw, and BURNED the secondary.
And like was said, a 5 or 6 yard throw makes up for a poor running game. And I think the running game will improve, as the other teams expect the pass more and more. It's happened a few times already this year. The TD's by Wynn looked like the defenses were expecting passes, and Wynn ran it in.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Gotta throw the needle in there... I don't know if I can count the times on one hand that he has dropped the ball.

Its called an honest unbiased evaluation. If you arent honest and unbiased then you turn into Terell Davis. Top 5 receiver in the league means i like the guy. If he had Cris Carters hands, i'd say he's the best in the league or at least as good as Ocho Cinco.

Staff online

Members online