1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Would you?

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by Whatthehellsgoinonouthere, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Whatthehellsgoinonouthere

Whatthehellsgoinonouthere Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    Here's a question about a guy I like though recovering from injury, that I think could be our back up in 2 years. As an Auburn fan I see a lot of SEC football, and I've been impressed with Zach Mettenberger this past season. He got into a pro-style offense his senior year, did well but injured his knee (ACL) late. Would you like to see the Packers draft him in say the 5th round, have him go through QB camp this year and be on the practice squad, or are there too many questions about him to risk a 5th on him? I say 5th because I don't think he'll be there 6th or 7th round. I think someone takes him sometime in 4th or 5th. Interested in anyone's thoughts/opinions on this.

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,154
    I would like to get him in the 5th round, not earlier though.

3. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +237
    I like our QB situation. Rodgers is still young and entering his prime. Flynn is an excellent backup. To be honest, i'd rather draft defense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    No. No need for a QB to be drafted. We have the best #1, a good #2, and a guy still trying to learn the ropes at #3.

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,154
    It all depends on if the Packers want to carry three QBs on the regular season roster. If they don´t you have to realize they can´t put Tolzien on the practice squad anymore and they should look into drafting a guy they could put on it.

6. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I am hoping that TT has learned somewhat of a lesson from last years merry-go-round of QB's we had to plug in. To carry three would be a damn good idea......since nobody seems to know how to exterminate that damn injury bug.

7. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    Carry 3 Qb's on roster and sign Brock Jenson as a UDFA is my wish.

8. PackfanFB

PackfanFB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Good point, but I generally agree that there is no need to draft a QB this year primarily based on my belief that we will carry 3 QBs this year and the third guy will be Tolzien. If we do take a QB, it should be a very low-round pick, someone who would be a practice squad candidate.