Would you want Cole Beasley in GB?

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL I just happened to see your fresh post when I logged one.

Cole Beasley is one of the very few NFL players that I truly dislike. He's a shrimp and a twerp (5'8", 174#) and he's a crybaby on and off the field.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE if my beloved GB Packers signed some dynamic WRs and additional weapons for AR12. I'd even like to see the Pack resign Jared Cook.

Just for the love of god no Mrs. Beasley.

Shockwave

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cant we just have a FA thread to discuss players rather then have q new thread pop up over ever single player individually?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea about anything he has said or done in his personal life. I would want him as a player though. I think Rodgers could really utilize him. All Dallas usually does is send him on an out pattern to take a defender with him. He is so quick and has good hands.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If they're going to sign a 30 year old slot, why not just keep Randall Cobb instead? I realize the latter hasn't been super durable lately, but he's a better player.

Or better yet-- neither.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
If they're going to sign a 30 year old slot, why not just keep Randall Cobb instead? I realize the latter hasn't been super durable lately, but he's a better player.

Or better yet-- neither.

Speaking of 30 year old slot receivers what about Golden Tate?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The skill set that the Packers lack in the receiving corps is yards after the catch ability. They need a player who can win in the short game and make plays with the ball in their hands.

In 2018, Randall Cobb averaged 6.5 YAC per reception, which was actually 7th among all WR's.

Cole Beasley managed 3.4 YAC per reception, which is too far down the list for me to actually figure out his ranking.

Jamison Crowder was 4th in this category among wideouts at 7.6 YAC per reception. He would be an ideal FA target. Adam Humphries wouldn't be a bad, younger option either (5.7 YAC per reception) as a consolation prize.

Albert Wilson of the Dolphins averaged an absurd 12.9 YAC per reception on 35 catches last year. He is entering the 2nd year of a three year deal with the Dolphins (3/24). With the regime change, if they would accept, say, a 5th round pick for him, I would take that trade all day.

OP
OP
Cheese Headed Monster
Reaction score

Or better yet-- neither.

I can understand neither, but at this point Id rather have Beasley than Cobb

Edit* Cause I dont think Cobb CAN stay healthy

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Speaking of 30 year old slot receivers what about Golden Tate?

Would be way better than Beasley, but still not really my ideal solution just given his age.

That said, occasionally older FA's become values if the market never develops for them. There's a price point at which I'd totally add Tate. However, my preference in free agency is always for younger guys.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Height 5' 7⅞"* 1
Weight 175 lbs* 4
10 Yard Split 1.57s* 47
40 Yard Dash 4.49s* 58
Vertical Jump 38"* 81
Broad Jump 126"* 83
3-Cone Drill 7.16s* 13
20 Yard Shuttle 4.4s* 12
Bench Press 17 reps* 72

Beasely is short and not very fast. Maybe he's quick?

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've noticed Kumerow is more of a body catcher of the football rather than a hands catcher. That's what may have been holding him back in his professional career. He does get open though.

That's true. I'm just in a pissy mood today, looking for trouble.

Members online

Latest posts