Worried about field conditions?

TomHQ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All season long when teams have played at soldier field there has been a lot of slipping and falling when players try to make cuts. This was also the case for today's game as I noticed some Seahawks slipping and falling causing them to not catch the ball.

Is anyone else worried about the field conditions going into Chicago?

:chisux:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
There could of been a lot more calls against the Bears when they went against the Seahawks. Would be laughing if the Bears beat themselves and Packers took advantage of it.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, that's what worries me most about the Bears. Field condition and the refs. Oh, and the way that they ball always bounces just the right way for them in that stadium.

Ugh. This game worries the hell out of me.

arrimike

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am more worried about people's hands. Cold weather we could be seeing a lot of dropped passes. Rodgers will hit his targets whether or not the receivers slip up. Just catch the ball because we will be open, a lot. i.e. Seahawks had a lot of open looks. Especially with that deep ball that we like to throw to Jones on the right side.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think Jones got a new pair of gloves. ^_^ Yeah its too bad the Bears don't know how to take care of their field, Lambeau would never look as bad as Soldiers field does.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been worried since the Giants game. It would be great if we click like we did last night, but it will likely be a 3 point game. No mistakes and we win.

We're a team used to worse weather than the south siders. We'll be fine on their field.

L

Lunchboxer

Seahawks dont play in freezing cold weather or when it snows.

Packers is a cold winter team.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Im not because it will affect both teams.

I have to disagree. The bears know how to play on that field. I rarely see bears players have problems with it-especially guys like Devon Hester who you would think might rely on stable turf. Its well known that soldier fields grass is ****, and it does worry me. For god sakes it looked yellow like they hadnt watered it all summer long.
Also to people who say were a better cold weather team I also disagree. Rodgers clearly plays better in domes, and our passing game takes a hit when playing in bad weather. It's one of the few factors that actually worries me about this game-home field advantage.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, i agree. Crappy weather and field conditions will favor the Bears playing at home by keeping the Packers from running up the score. The Bears can take advantage of mistakes to win close games.

OP
OP
TomHQ

TomHQ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Twitter:

Have been told that NFL officials are monitoring field at Soldier Field and are in charge of potential changes. Will work with stadium crew
- TomSilverstein
Twitter

The league makes final decisions on field, but will consult field manager in Chicago. Will monitor field as the week goes on.
- TomSilverstein
Twitter

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
From Twitter:

Have been told that NFL officials are monitoring field at Soldier Field and are in charge of potential changes. Will work with stadium crew
- TomSilverstein
Twitter

The league makes final decisions on field, but will consult field manager in Chicago. Will monitor field as the week goes on.
- TomSilverstein
Twitter

Good, it's garbage the way they're allowed to get away with this crap.

McNastywitCheese52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Soldier Field is a disgrace, you would think a team with such a storied history would want to look presentable. I've seen pee wee fields with better grass. Heck, even Heinz Field in Pitt looks better, at least I know one thing the packers whip *** and they look good doing it at Lambeau. The bears look like the bad news bears playing in the sandlot behind speed way.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sloppy field in Chicago actually hurts the Bears more than it helps them.
Their defense is built on speed and lateral movement and that is a problem when you are slipping and tripping all over the place.
Players like Peppers, Urlacher and Briggs thrive on a fast surface.

Their offense is all timing based and that is also hard to do when you can't get your footing. Throwing to a spot and having the receiver a step behind leads to disaster.

[FONT=&quot]Not to mention that Hester on a dry, fast playing surface is even more dangerous.[/FONT]

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Their defense is built on speed and lateral movement and that is a problem when you are slipping and tripping all over the place.

Their offense is all timing based and that is also hard to do when you can't get your footing. Throwing to a spot and having the receiver a step behind leads to disaster.

[FONT=&quot]Not to mention that Hester on a dry, fast playing surface is even more dangerous.[/FONT]

It's their home field, they play on it and there's no excuse for them not to be used to it. It definitely is more of a disadvantage to the away team.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score

I agree with what you say about the defense, but I dont think it effects hester at all, dude is just as dangerous at soldier.

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand where all this talk of GB being an indoor team is coming from? Just because Arod lit up the indoor field does not mean we cannot play outdoors.

We play 8 games a year in an environment that is usually more harsh. Playing outdoors in not new to us.

Field conditions will hurt both teams productivity, maybe more so the Bears due to timing routes and their power run game.

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree. The bears know how to play on that field. I rarely see bears players have problems with it-especially guys like Devon Hester who you would think might rely on stable turf. Its well known that soldier fields grass is ****, and it does worry me. For god sakes it looked yellow like they hadnt watered it all summer long.
Also to people who say were a better cold weather team I also disagree. Rodgers clearly plays better in domes, and our passing game takes a hit when playing in bad weather. It's one of the few factors that actually worries me about this game-home field advantage.

Soldier Field is a disgrace, you would think a team with such a storied history would want to look presentable. I've seen pee wee fields with better grass. Heck, even Heinz Field in Pitt looks better, at least I know one thing the packers whip *** and they look good doing it at Lambeau. The bears look like the bad news bears playing in the sandlot behind speed way.

As Bear fans we agree. The field is embarassing and whoever is in charge needs to be fired. It's been an issue for the last 2 seasons.

It won't hurt the Bears one bit. The Bears know how to play on this crappy field. You rarely see them have a problem. It is always the other team who is not used to the crap field. I think the field favors the Bears but not because we want it that way. That field is a joke. I also wish they would put some heating coils under the sidelines. Knocked one of the Seahawks out cold yesterday. That just isn't right.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
John Jurkovic ex Packer and now on 1000 espn Chicago was on sister station in Milw today..

Said that field is worst one in the NFL

He firmly believes that Rodgers will not be able to duplicate his Atlanta stats only cuz of the field

Members online

Latest posts