World Cup Brazil 2014

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
What do you think about Jermaine Jones ? Most of us German fans just dont like him, Eintracht fans even hate
him. :D
Does the US team need a dirty player like Jermaine Jones ? :cautious:

We actually do like Jermaine Jones. My friend in Bamberg loves Jermaine Jones because he said Jermaine is a true footballer who plays hard. Yes, he gets quite a few yellow cards, but we like him. And more importantly, Klinsmann loves Jermaine Jones. He probably speaks the least amount of English out of all of our German-Americans.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
We`ve got a Carlsberg advert showing on the t.v. at the moment building up Englands chances at the World Cup, (Yes, we actually keep producing them...sheesh ). I`m looking forward to see the South American teams playing. I like Chile myself, but whoever it is we play we`ll get stuffed.
One day we`ll do it but sadly not likely in my lifetime...lol
Hey PF71, have you been following that "Road to Rio" series with the two comedians Mark Watson and Henning Weine ?, it`s been really interesting looking at the mentality of the different nations .

Yepp i saw the first one in Uruguay amazing they have won the WC twice with such a small population 4M! they have fighting spirit. It was ok the english comedian was not the best, ho hum but if he was scottish id have said the same. The german guy is a bit better.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
;)
He`s a German with a totally British sense of humor nessie. He`s worth having a look at .

.....hey, he's good, just watched a couple videos.
Funny accent too. Is this how we all sound when speaking English ? :D
Some nice comments "...A German comedian? Seems like an oxymoron...."
We're not without any humour guys ;):D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

His accent is a bit weird allrite, seen him on a couple of comedy shows before very dry humour. Theirs worse than him. :)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hahaha........don`t be so bloody touchy. And yes you do sound like that

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Liked what I saw of him on youtube, but as I said, he is completely unknown here in Germany. Somehow funny...a German comedian in UK....:cautious::D

I thought he may have been run out of the country for being humorous ??? only pulling your leg....lol

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Klinsi is leaving Landon Donovan at home? Thats a surpise. :eek:
Who is travelling to Brazil instead of him?

Depends on who you ask... but more than likely it was Brad Davis or Julian Green.

It was only a mild shock to me. I knew Donovan was not in top shape, and Donovan admitted that. It was completely a coin toss for me as to if Donovan would make the team, but it is certainly creating havoc with the media here in the USA, as you could well imagine.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
... but it is certainly creating havoc with the media here in the USA, as you could well imagine.

I would prefer real news headlines like...

John Elway Hit by a Speeding Bus... or... Peyton Manning Kidnapped by Aliens

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I would prefer real news headlines like...

John Elway Hit by a Speeding Bus... or... Peyton Manning Kidnapped by Aliens

In Jürgen we trust!

What kind of news do you get in Kanada?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

:D:D:D

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends on who you ask... but more than likely it was Brad Davis or Julian Green.

It was only a mild shock to me. I knew Donovan was not in top shape, and Donovan admitted that. It was completely a coin toss for me as to if Donovan would make the team, but it is certainly creating havoc with the media here in the USA, as you could well imagine.
Yeah, but thats Klinsi how we know him. He has a plan and he's not afraid of making unpopular decisions ! :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only three weeks left until kickoff in Brazil. I thought its time to get in the mood for World Cup football so I decided to get me the latest 11 Freunde special edition.

I especially like the story about the World Cup songs and their record covers :D

Here are some German song highlights :eek::roflmao:

Also interesting an interview with Klaus Augenthaler about the 90's World Cup Championship and the monthly stadium poster. This time its the Wankdorf Stadium in Bern. ;)