WooHoo Looks like we get Cullen Jenkins back just in time for Philly!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
good news, good news indeed!!!! Eagles might as well forget about trying to run it now. Just keep their backs in for pass protection.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish this would have been Finley were talking about (IR i know but a guy can dream), but I am thrilled to have Jenkins back. Will force Vick out of pocket and limit his deep throws hopefully.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish this would have been Finley were talking about (IR i know but a guy can dream), but I am thrilled to have Jenkins back. Will force Vick out of pocket and limit his deep throws hopefully.
If anyone, the player we miss the most is Grant.

Having Cullen Jenkins back is a big plus. This will be too much to any OL to handle, let alone the Eagles'.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Having Cullen Jenkins back is a big plus. This will be too much to any OL to handle, let alone the Eagles'.

did you ever think you would type that?

It seems like just yesterday everyone hated Grant

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I saw a picture of Finley yesterday on Twitter, dude got REALLY skinny. Like he looks nothing like a football player now, just a tall lanky average Joe...

Sounded like he's on some vegetarian diet now too, said he's not eating meat. How the hell is he going to put mass back on on a vegetarian diet?!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a picture of Finley yesterday on Twitter, dude got REALLY skinny. Like he looks nothing like a football player now, just a tall lanky average Joe...

Sounded like he's on some vegetarian diet now too, said he's not eating meat. How the hell is he going to put mass back on on a vegetarian diet?!

Not sure if its true but ray lewis said he hasnt had red meat in 7 years.

Also I think Tony Gonzo and Ricky Williams are vegans. I think with training he should be fine.

Will I be able to find the picture pretty easily if I go on his twitter?

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with this. God a running game would help out SOOOOO much right now. Teams don't even seem to respect our rushing attack at all, and why should they?

Thing that makes me nervous about Grant (And why I hope we draft (High Pick) a RB in this years draft) is that I've read about a handful of other RB's that have come back from this type of injury, and they were a shell of their former selves. Grant will be 30 anyways (which is getting on in age for a RB), and I'm afraid he won't even be close to the same guy he was.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if its true but ray lewis said he hasnt had red meat in 7 years.

Also I think Tony Gonzo and Ricky Williams are vegans. I think with training he should be fine.

Will I be able to find the picture pretty easily if I go on his twitter?

Here's the picture, I guess looking at it again he's not quite as skinny as I first thought, but he's lost a lot of his mass it looks like. Hopefully he can regain it in time for the season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did you ever think you would type that?

It seems like just yesterday everyone hated Grant
As a ND fairweather, I like Grant.

But yeah, never thought he would be missed THIS badly. Not with his penchant for running into OLinemen.

However, he hits the hole much harder than Jackson, is much more nimble and able to avoid tacklers than Kuhn, and has much better knowledge of the scheme than Starks (too soon to say anything about Starks).

Grant was our entire running game, lackluster as it was, and we did not know it.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this. God a running game would help out SOOOOO much right now. Teams don't even seem to respect our rushing attack at all, and why should they?

Thing that makes me nervous about Grant (And why I hope we draft (High Pick) a RB in this years draft) is that I've read about a handful of other RB's that have come back from this type of injury, and they were a shell of their former selves. Grant will be 30 anyways (which is getting on in age for a RB), and I'm afraid he won't even be close to the same guy he was.

Thing is though, the fact that there's some potential with Starks, we probably won't spend a very high draft pick on a RB. I feel like we're far more likely to try and develop Starks into a feature back. But who knows what goes through TT's head, he seems to know what he's doing. Remember last year we all wanted a cornerback, but look, now Tramon has developed into the best on the team.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is though, the fact that there's some potential with Starks, we probably won't spend a very high draft pick on a RB. I feel like we're far more likely to try and develop Starks into a feature back. But who knows what goes through TT's head, he seems to know what he's doing. Remember last year we all wanted a cornerback, but look, now Tramon has developed into the best on the team.

You've got a valid point.

Thing that worries me about Starks is apparently his work ethic in practice. I don't know what exactly the deal is, but it sounds like the coaches don't like the way he practices, like he doesn't give enough of an effort or something. It would really suck if he doesn't pan out because he doesn't practice hard enough... Looks like he has potential. Looks natural as a pass catcher too.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been waiting for this news for weeks! Watch out, Vick. Jenkins, Matthews, Raji, and Woodson are coming for you!

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Hell, Throw in Walden. Anyone know the deal with Zombo? Is he on IR, playing, or what?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
YES! I was wondering how many of all those injured players that were done for the "regular" season would be returning in time for the playoffs!!! It will be wonderful to have Jenkins back and Zombo too!!!! The return of my Italian Stallion!!!!

Laments for Grant and Fins and all those not returning!!!

Members online

Latest posts