Winning cures everything

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This really is the bottom line. With all the threads about Rodgers doing this or that, the truth is he is not really doing anything differently than he always has except throwing away more.

The difference now is the Packers are not winning and that is the problem. This is not to excuse anything Rodgers May or may not be doing but losing magnifies everything. If the Packers were 7-2 right and had beat the Rams would we even be having these myriad of discussions?

Packers need to start winning now, another loss is pretty much unacceptable at this point. Start winning and everything goes away.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This really is the bottom line. With all the threads about Rodgers doing this or that, the truth is he is not really doing anything differently than he always has except throwing away more.

The difference now is the Packers are not winning and that is the problem. This is not to excuse anything Rodgers May or may not be doing but losing magnifies everything. If the Packers were 7-2 right and had beat the Rams would we even be having these myriad of discussions?

Packers need to start winning now, another loss is pretty much unacceptable at this point. Start winning and everything goes away.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...standing-under-coach-mike-mccarthy/943833001/

"GAME ON"

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He’s right you know. The Saints are currently destroying Philly. They’ve had a delay and used 2 timeouts because the clock ran down. The last one they used a timeout on they almost had a delay coming out of that. I bet nobody is complaining about click management in New Orleans right now.

We still have the pieces, we are capable, just need to string it together and start winning.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not happening - there seems to be a level of frustration/resignation amongst the players and coaches that I've never seen before in the McCarthy era.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's not happening - there seems to be a level of frustration/resignation amongst the players and coaches that I've never seen before in the McCarthy era.

A bunch of crap. I work out at same gym Jaire Alexander's brother does and I haven't heard one thing about all this. Just need to get a "W" right now.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course there’s frustration, we played well enough to beat the Rams, Lions, Vikings, Seahawks and were in it late against the Pats, and found ways to lose the game each time. There better be frustration

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yep, exactly. I have to say that this could the most perplexing season that I can ever remember ... and that has been a long time of active fandom.

I'm not even going to pretend to have an answer to whatever is going on at 1265. I'm not built that way - maybe because I've played and coached, though not anywhere near NFL level. You just get a different feel, understanding and love of the game to be screaming through a keyboard.

We, as fans, have enlightened solutions to issues we have NO first hand knowledge of...and by god, we're right because we're told so by some talking head.

Yeah...it's not pretty and it's not fun again this year - just want to say that you're not right just by the sheer volume of "FIRE ______" posts made. I can promise you that Mark Murphy and the Executive Committee, aren't here reading. I'm pretty sure they don't much care what the Media's deep thinkers are saying neither. I mean, you ever see those dweebs?

A 6 game win streak would be the cat'sass if for no other reason than to make the relatively new FIRE EVERYONE crowd to sign off until things go bad again.

Go Pack! Gimmee 6.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We stand no chance against the saints even if we got in.. this yr is over let’s just accept that

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We stand no chance against the saints even if we got in.. this yr is over let’s just accept that
Or they could be like so many teams before and be peaking way too early and flounder into the playoffs and lose their first game. They look good right now, I’d like to be able to take a shot at them

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think AR is playing the same level as he has in the past you are mistaken. Take an objective look and it is fairly obvious.

Poor passes and missed opportunities are the most obvious. He always held the ball too long.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s not at the same level, but we’re still in positions to win these games against good teams. If we win them. It fixes a lot

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s not at the same level, but we’re still in positions to win these games against good teams. If we win them. It fixes a lot
The OP is directed at Rodgers and defending his play. Whether we are winning or not, AR is playing poorly. Even if we won all those games, AR is playing poorly. He has been great. He has played on a level with the greatest QBs in history. Currently, he is not, and there is nothing wrong with admitting/recognizing that.

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think AR is playing the same level as he has in the past you are mistaken. Take an objective look and it is fairly obvious.

Poor passes and missed opportunities are the most obvious. He always held the ball too long.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that all. He is definitely off. When I say playing differently, what I mean is he has always looked off open short receivers looking for the bigger gain, it’s nothing new and does not change anything I said.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that all. He is definitely off. When I say playing differently, what I mean is he has always looked off open short receivers looking for the bigger gain, it’s nothing new and does not change anything I said.
Missed your point then, I guess.

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OP is directed at Rodgers and defending his play. Whether we are winning or not, AR is playing poorly. Even if we won all those games, AR is playing poorly. He has been great. He has played on a level with the greatest QBs in history. Currently, he is not, and there is nothing wrong with admitting/recognizing that.
You couldn’t be more wrong about me, I even said I was not excusing him. This is actually funny because when I first came on this forum and criticized Rodgers, you were always one of the most vocal about me being rong. But guess what? We were winning then so in your mind all was well. Now that we’re losing you falsely perceive that I am defending Rodgers.

So back to my point.

Winning cures everything.

Please don’t think I am attacking you, just making observations.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You couldn’t be more wrong about me, I even said I was not excusing him. This is actually funny because when I first came on this forum and criticized Rodgers, you were always one of the most vocal about me not wrong. But guess what? We were winning then so in your mind all was well. Not that we’re losing you falsely perceive that I am defensing Rodgers.

So back to my point.

Winning cures everything.

Please don’t think I am attacking you, just making observations.
I defended Rodgers when you ripped on him? Dont recall that. I have been a big AR fan, I think he is the best I ever watched. But now I see he is no longer that player.

Winning cures everything? No, you have to be objective. But if AR played better, they would probably win.

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I defended Rodgers when you ripped on him? Dont recall that. I have been a big AR fan, I think he is the best I ever watched. But now I see he is no longer that player.

Winning cures everything? No, you have to be objective. But if AR played better, they would probably win.
I am talking 4 or 5 years ago now, not a big deal at all. And we are thinking alike as I do believe AR is off his game right now, no matter how many good looking stats he may have.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I am talking 4 or 5 years ago now, not a big deal at all. And we are thinking alike as I do believe AR is off his game right now, no matter how many good looking stats he may have.

Once again he has played most of the season with one leg and learning new and young receivers. We all know he can play at a higher level and we might just get that very soon.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First you jinxed the freaking Seattle game, and now you're already laying down on your sword when there are plenty battles to be fought. (figuratively speaking) Pitiful!

You're afraid of the big bad saints? Please! Any given Sunday!

But right now we just got to make into the playoffs and crazier things have happened! This season is far from lost!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00.htm

Please. He is on pace for over 4k yards 35+ TD's and 2 picks with a bad knee.

It's called at LA, at NE and then at Seattle on a Thursday. We could of easily won all 3 of those games. The defense is playing well and the team could "turn the corner" at any moment.

Why do people always point out the games we shoulda coulda woulda won but never mention games like San Francisco and Chicago that we should probably have lost.

Also, we never led in New England, it was close for 3 quarters and then they pulled away and beat us by 2 touchdowns. Not sure why this is a game we could have easily won.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people always point out the games we shoulda coulda woulda won but never mention games like San Francisco and Chicago that we should probably have lost.

Also, we never led in New England, it was close for 3 quarters and then they pulled away and beat us by 2 touchdowns. Not sure why this is a game we could have easily won.
Explain to me how we should've lost those games.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

We were marching for momentum changing score late when Jones fumbled. Can't do that and definitely can't do that at Foxboro.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts