William Henderson

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT and Mike S. have a gut-wrencher coming up this training camp.

William Henderson.

His play reached a Pro Bowl level last year, but with his contract up next year, do you keep him around with Luchey and Leach in the wings? Do you let a pretty good young fullback go to keep an aging veteran, albeit the creme of the crop, William Henderson?

Tough call for TT.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope it is a no-brainer for T.T. and Mike. Leach is promise, Henderson is production. This may be William's last season, but honestly with the way the guy takes care of himself, I would not be shocked to see him play for 2 or 3 more.

Great to hear from you net -- I missed your insightful posts.

net said:
TT and Mike S. have a gut-wrencher coming up this training camp.

William Henderson.

His play reached a Pro Bowl level last year, but with his contract up next year, do you keep him around with Luchey and Leach in the wings? Do you let a pretty good young fullback go to keep an aging veteran, albeit the creme of the crop, William Henderson?

Tough call for TT.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Henderson will stay as long a Brett does. Like Bruce said Henderson is production, Green as great as he is wouldn't get half the yards with a lesser back leading the way.

Later
Leopardmech

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted earlier - Henderson had started to retire two years ago...
Then thought differently about it... (I think because Brett sat him down)

Both Favre and Sir William walk into the sunset together is my take!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IBP, couldn't agree more! #33 and #4 play their last game together...whenever that is. I hope it's 2-3 years down the road because there's gas left in the tanks on both, that's fer sure! :beer:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luchey was money wasted. Nothing against him but, we could have spent the money better in other areas. I don't know why Sherman and company tried so hard to phase WH out with Luchey. The choice between Luchey and Leach should be easy when you look at their salaries, that is if they like Leach as much as they say. You can't ask for a more productive and loyal player than Henderson. The fact that he has been under used is not his fault.

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henderson should have a position on the Packers as long as he wants one. He is a workhorse, a natural leader and an excellent example on how to handle yourself in the NFL and prepare yourself for life after football.

He is one of those players even more so than Doug Peterson was, his value is as great if not greater off the field than on. (Thankfully, he has a great on field value too.) And I think the Packers will continue to be aware of that.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chickpackfan said:
Henderson should have a position on the Packers as long as he wants one. He is a workhorse, a natural leader and an excellent example on how to handle yourself in the NFL and prepare yourself for life after football.

He is one of those players even more so than Doug Peterson was, his value is as great if not greater off the field than on. (Thankfully, he has a great on field value too.) And I think the Packers will continue to be aware of that.
Well said - Can you imagine having Sir William on the RB Coaching Staff :?: :idea:

PackerBacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you imagine having Sir William on the RB Coaching Staff :?: :idea:[/quote]

Ya know, I would like to see that.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henderson all the way. He looked better this last season than the previous year. With all this Rosenwhore representation starting to creep within the organization we need his locker leadership more than ever. He's a consumate pro.

ricky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As usual, we look at this sentimentally, rather than as a business. Quite simply, if Henderson shows he can do the job better than Luchey or Leach, he should get the job. If not, the Packers let Henderson (and his $1 million salary) go and move on. Personally, I think the world of Henderson- I think in a fair world, he would have been on the Pro-Bowl more than once. In the real world, the Packers have to weigh the contributions of Henderson against the contributions of Luchey so far (in my mind, Henderson wins, hands down!), and the potential and cost of Leach (this becomes more dicey). So, would Henderson sign for a lesser amount? And if he does, wouldn't Luchey be expected to take less also? Wheels within wheels. In the end, I hope Henderson gets a shot at being an analyst in the NFL. The few times I've heard him, he seems articulate, intelligent and knowledgeable. I still remember the Eric ****erson MNF debacle of a few years ago. Even SNL was making fun of Mr. Mush Mouth! Henderson could be a valuable contribution to the "talking heads"- much more than Deion "Look what I'm wearing, not what I'm saying" Sanders, or Dan "Huh?" Dierdorf, or John "Mr. Babble" Madden.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ricky said:
I still remember the Eric ****erson MNF debacle of a few years ago. Even SNL was making fun of Mr. Mush Mouth! Henderson could be a valuable contribution to the "talking heads"- much more than Deion "Look what I'm wearing, not what I'm saying" Sanders, or Dan "Huh?" Dierdorf, or John "Mr. Babble" Madden.
So - tell us how ya really feel....

The biggest beef I have is when the commentators are clearly showing favoritism towards who ever the Packers play against... Every comment is applauding anyone BUT... Green Bay.

If you can't do it without taking sides, then you shouldn't be up there....
Bob Uechre knows how to do it right - everyone could learn a thing or two from him!

Members online

Latest posts