Why Mason Crosby Misses Field Goals... EXCLUSIVE PHOTO!!!

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take that back...Masthay is the back-up emergency QB, I believe.

Maybe somebody can confirm that.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take that back...Masthay is the back-up emergency QB, I believe.

Maybe somebody can confirm that.

When Rodgers was out after the second Lion's game,and Matty Flynn was playing against the Patriots, there was a HUGE secret as to who the emergency back up QB was...remember?

Of course no secret is safe, the following week it was disclosed it was none other than Riley, Kansas favorite son....Jordy Nelson

Nelson was born in Manhattan, Kansas, and played high school football at Riley County High School, in Riley, Kansas. During his senior year, he connected on 62 percent of his passes for 1,029 yards and eight touchdowns. He also rushed for 1,572 yards, averaging 9.8 yards per carry with 25 touchdowns. He was named Flint Hills Player of the Year by the Manhattan Mercury and was a two-time first-team All-Mid-East League selection. In 2003, he played in the Kansas Shrine Bowl.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
When Rodgers was out after the second Lion's game,and Matty Flynn was playing against the Patriots, there was a HUGE secret as to who the emergency back up QB was...remember?

Of course no secret is safe, the following week it was disclosed it was none other than Riley, Kansas favorite son....Jordy Nelson

Nelson was born in Manhattan, Kansas, and played high school football at Riley County High School, in Riley, Kansas. During his senior year, he connected on 62 percent of his passes for 1,029 yards and eight touchdowns. He also rushed for 1,572 yards, averaging 9.8 yards per carry with 25 touchdowns. He was named Flint Hills Player of the Year by the Manhattan Mercury and was a two-time first-team All-Mid-East League selection. In 2003, he played in the Kansas Shrine Bowl.
so let me get this straight. jordy nelson was our emergency qb? why not harrell?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now you people are just doing this to mess with Green_Bay_Packers...

LOL! I thought the same thing. Green_Bay_Packers is gonna start crapping footballs when he sees this! I got his back though. Crosby is starting to grow on me. I don't think he is the best kicker in the league but he is far from the worst. The Packers are fortunate in having an offensive line that can take care of business and a defensive line that is like a titanium wall. We are not in a position where we need to rely on our FG kicker to win us games. He does miss on occasion but perhaps that is because he'd rather be throwing the ball than kicking it! ;) Everybody wants to be like Aaron!

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
LOL! I thought the same thing. Green_Bay_Packers is gonna start crapping footballs when he sees this! I got his back though. Crosby is starting to grow on me. I don't think he is the best kicker in the league but he is far from the worst. The Packers are fortunate in having an offensive line that can take care of business and a defensive line that is like a titanium wall. We are not in a position where we need to rely on our FG kicker to win us games. He does miss on occasion but perhaps that is because he'd rather be throwing the ball than kicking it! ;) Everybody wants to be like Aaron!
since i started this i cannot back u on this one sorry :(

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now you people are just doing this to mess with Green_Bay_Packers...
I agree.
So what if the guy has a bromance for one of the most uncredited and underrated positions for football?
Mason is no clutch kicker but we could all learn a thing or two from GBP standing up for his favorite player no matter how he does.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mason worked hard and improved last season, though his rookie season is his best to date. As of now, whenever I think of Crosby I hear - DOING - the sound of the pigskin bouncing off of the left upright.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.
So what if the guy has a bromance for one of the most uncredited and underrated positions for football?
Mason is no clutch kicker but we could all learn a thing or two from GBP standing up for his favorite player no matter how he does.

...besides, we can't get rid of him, the queenies don't need another kicker yet. :viksux:

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Because Harrell was the #2 that day, I believe.

Rodgers was inactive, so the QB depth chart was
1: Flynn
2: Harrell
Emergency 3: Jordy

That is reminding me of something. Since neither Cutler or Collins could come back in the NFC Championship game by the rules, who would be the Bears quarterback if Hanie would have been hurt an unable to continue?

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is reminding me of something. Since neither Cutler or Collins could come back in the NFC Championship game by the rules, who would be the Bears quarterback if Hanie would have been hurt an unable to continue?

Sid Luckman, Vince Evans or Bobby Douglas?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's a really good question. What happens when you run out of quarterbacks? Do you forfeit the game? The reason I was concerned was because I thought it was going to happen to the Packers. In one game at the end of the season, can't remember who we were playing (Lions?), Aaron was out with a concussion and then Flynn was banged up. I was all sitting around wondering who the 3rd string QB was for the Pack. And God forbid, what would happen if something happened to the 3rd stringer?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
That's a really good question. What happens when you run out of quarterbacks? Do you forfeit the game? The reason I was concerned was because I thought it was going to happen to the Packers. In one game at the end of the season, can't remember who we were playing (Lions?), Aaron was out with a concussion and then Flynn was banged up. I was all sitting around wondering who the 3rd string QB was for the Pack. And God forbid, what would happen if something happened to the 3rd stringer?

I remember a Bears game where Walter Payton ended up taking the snaps. Must have run out of QB's. No, you don't forfeit, you just plug somebody in.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd imagine Matt Forte would be passing the ball if Hanie was K.O.'d. I read somewhere in a Packers history book that, in the 60s, the Packers were facing the Baltimore Colts at Lambeau Field, and they were so injured that they had their runningback pass because all 3 of their quarterbacks were injured.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts