Why does Rodgers only want to throw to Adams?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Couldnt that also mean he hopes he doesnt rue the day he jammed it in there to tae?

If you listen to the whole thing, in context no. If you listen to it just hoping to find fault in Rodgers, yes.

When did he jam it into Tae?

I know you don't want to hear this, but he was second guessing himself for maybe not forcing the ball into Tae on 2 plays, quite possibly even that last play, where it was pretty obvious he threw it away, he didn't even come close to "jamming it into him".

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you listen to the whole thing, in context no. If you listen to it just hoping to find fault in Rodgers, yes.

When did he jam it into Tae?

I know you don't want to hear this, but he was second guessing himself for maybe not forcing the ball into Tae on 2 plays, quite possibly even that last play, where it was pretty obvious he threw it away, he didn't even come close to "jamming it into him".
Why is it you think I dont want to hear it? Ive already admitted you and sun changed my mind...please dont assume anything..

I could easily say you dont want to hear this..

I have laughed at gbgary obsurd ideas before..but this one makes a valid point

It all Depends on persective

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have laughed at gbgary obsurd ideas before..but this one makes a valid point

I guess that is the issue, you believe gbgary has made a valid point.

How is completely misinterpreting what Rodgers said and actually twisting it to mean the opposite a valid point? Which is why I said Listen to what Rodgers says in context. It's obvious that gbgary didn't even understand what Rodgers was saying. Read what gbgary claimed was what Rodgers said, its laughable really.

I appreciate that you looked at the play again and changed your mind as to how it actually transpired, but doubling down on what gbgary claims is a valid point, when you can hear exactly what Rodgers actually said himself, is even worse IMO.

Why not just say "See, Rodgers even has the mindset that he should force passes into Tae"? Instead you both go on this tangent of how Rodgers totally should have looked off Tae and hit a "wide open Tonyan". Then you both double down and somehow come up with this Theory that Rodgers agrees with you? :rolleyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess that is the issue, you believe gbgary has made a valid point.

How is completely misinterpreting what Rodgers said and actually twisting it to mean the opposite a valid point? Which is why I said Listen to what Rodgers says in context. It's obvious that gbgary didn't even understand what Rodgers was saying. Read what gbgary claimed was what Rodgers said, its laughable really.

I appreciate that you looked at the play again and changed your mind as to how it actually transpired, but doubling down on what gbgary claims is a valid point, when you can hear exactly what Rodgers actually said himself, is even worse IMO.

Why not just say "See, Rodgers even has the mindset that he should force passes into Tae"? Instead you both go on this tangent of how Rodgers totally should have looked off Tae and hit a "wide open Tonyan". Then you both double down and somehow come up with this Theory that Rodgers agrees with you? :rolleyes:

Why cant you understand??

Persective.

Your view is rodgers was right. His is rodgers was wrong.. Both of you have valid points.

Did I say it was fact that Gary was right? didnt say yours was right either..

Regardless how right you think you are it could be wrong in others eyes and I can see how it can be seen that way

Persective

Now ive said my opinion and you yours

Time for breakfast and walking the dog

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why cant you understand??

Persective.

Your view is rodgers was right. His is rodgers was wrong.. Both of you have valid points.

Persective

When did I say Rodgers was right? This never was about Rodgers being right or wrong. Go back and read the comments. This was about posters trying to use this tired argument of "Rodgers only wants to throw to Adams"....ie the title of the thread.

Both of you and a few others tried to use this play, saying it was a perfect example of this point. When in reality it is a perfect example of people looking for something that isn't there. Then doubling down and saying that Rodgers agrees with them.

So yes, Perspective.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When did I say Rodgers was right? This never was about Rodgers being right or wrong. Go back and read the comments. This was about posters trying to use this tired argument of "Rodgers only wants to throw to Adams"....ie the title of the thread.

Both of you and a few others tried to use this play, saying it was a perfect example of this point. When in reality it is a perfect example of people looking for something that isn't there. Then doubling down and saying that Rodgers agrees with them.

So yes, Perspective.
Did I say it was fact that Gary was right? didnt say yours was right either..

And yes next sentence I said you were right.

Its trying to convey my thoughts and explain it all.

Im sorry internet explanation is lacking for me.

I was trying to show both sides of the issue or devils advocate

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Last post on this if you dont understand how I feel after thats on you.

Yes I agree he was going to tae.

Yes it was the play call

Yes rodgers should have went to tae and never thought of bobby.

But I can understand how Gary can confused rodgers jamming and rue statement.

End of this for me

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last post on this if you dont understand how I feel after thats on you.

Yes I agree he was going to tae.

Yes it was the play call

Yes rodgers should have went to tae and never thought of bobby.

But I can understand how Gary can confused rodgers jamming and rue statement.

End of this for me

Awesome, then maybe after Gbgary explains his complete misquoting of Rodgers, you can finally close this idiotic thread, since it made no sense to begin with. ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome, then maybe after Gbgary explains his complete misquoting of Rodgers, you can finally close this idiotic thread, since it made no sense to begin with. ;)
Why close it??

we have a mason crosby thread that should been closed long ago

Lets see if you can just let this go now

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why close it??

we have a mason crosby thread that should been closed long ago

Lets see if you can just let this go now

I was joking and just giving you the business. Personally, I see no reason to ever close a thread. Never know when something might come up that could be pertinent to it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
that's exactly what it means because he DID jam on in there to tae.

LOL.....yet you claim you were quoting him verbatim and he DID not say what you claimed to quote him as saying.

You often try to conceal your hatred of Rodgers, but in this situation you flat out got busted for being completely off base.

rodgers said during his presser that he hopes he does rue that forced pass to adams with tonyan wide open. let's hope not.

interpret? lol it's only what he actually said at 10:15 in. it's black and white. no subtle meaning there that leaves anything up to interpretation.

Where did he mention that he forced a pass into Adams or that Tonyan was wide open? Black and white? Come on man.

"maybe jamming one in there to Tae there on one of the last 2 plays might have been, you know might have been the thing to do, but I'll look back at that and hopefully won't rue that too much"

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.....yet you claim you were quoting him verbatim and he DID not say what you claimed to quote him as saying.

You often try to conceal your hatred of Rodgers, but in this situation you flat out got busted for being completely off base.

Where did he mention that he forced a pass into Adams or that Tonyan was wide open? Black and white? Come on man.

"maybe jamming one in there to Tae there on one of the last 2 plays might have been, you know might have been the thing to do, but I'll look back at that and hopefully won't rue that too much"
ok...i see it now. was wrong. but again, i don't hate rodgers. i simply misunderstood what he said. seeing it in print and hearing it are different things.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Does anyone have a video of this or a picture ?

Here's the situation at the time Rodgers was forced to throw the ball. Tonyan isn't more open at that point than Adams. With Rodgers looking to the left side of the field there's no way he would have been to see it even if it was the case.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think one problem here is that receiver stopping on the 5 yard line. Nobody is afraid of him. They can play way off and muddle it up for Devante. Maybe the play designer thought if he went to the goal line; it would give Devante less of a chance. But it had the opposite effect.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think one problem here is that receiver stopping on the 5 yard line. Nobody is afraid of him. They can play way off and muddle it up for Devante. Maybe the play designer thought if he went to the goal line; it would give Devante less of a chance. But it had the opposite effect.

Funny thing was, the Packers got exactly what they wanted from the Colt defense out of the play, only Rock Ya-Sin stayed with Davante. Unfortunately, Rock did a superb job of covering him on this particular play and 2 Indy rushers crashed by Bahk and Turner way faster than desired.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I was joking and just giving you the business. Personally, I see no reason to ever close a thread. Never know when something might come up that could be pertinent to it.
Speaking of that did Jeff Janis get his buck this year???? :cool:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
he sure spread it around last night. :tup:
Funny how he went from a washed up has been last year that rebelled against the head coach, refused to run his system, and verbally abused his mother to becoming a no doubt top 3 candidate for MVP. Amazing, really.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how he went from a washed up has been last year that rebelled against the head coach, refused to run his system, and verbally abused his mother to becoming a no doubt top 3 candidate for MVP. Amazing, really.
never said he was washed. said down-trending. yes it is amazing how he's performed (he bought in) and said so early on. he's done a complete 180 in every regard. i've been singing his praises all season. never commented on his personal life.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I think what you are seeing this year is a natural progression between Rodgers, MLF and the rest of the Packer offense. Rodgers is still playing like himself, he hasn't changed a whole lot.
his attitude toward the O and this season in general (he's spoken about it several times), his on field demeanor, and early on his mechanics and rhythm, are completely different. his stats back that up. having a terrific year all totalled...MVP-ish. MVP talk hasn't been in the mix in quite a while.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
his attitude toward the O and this season in general (he's spoken about it several times), his on field demeanor, and early on his mechanics and rhythm, are completely different. his stats back that up. having a terrific year all totalled...MVP-ish. MVP talk hasn't been in the mix in quite a while.

Good points but it all makes sense when you consider Rodgers is a very cognitive guy and one who is very well in touch with himself and others around him. I think Rodgers play is elevated just that much more by good play around him and that includes the play calling by MLF.

There are a number of factors going on with the offense this year that has helped to improve the overall play of Rodgers and everyone else. El Guapo posted a good article, so I will just put that here, instead of regurgitating the points.

X areas where Packers have improved most on offense in 2020 (usatoday.com)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts