Why cant we do this too

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patriots are up 35 - 7 in the 2nd quarter. They get the ball back and Brady is in the shotgun, 4 wide on first down, give it to rb. 2nd down 5 receivers, pass. Next, shotgun again, pass.

They are so agressive, and effective running the ball even in the shotgun. They are relentless. We can do this too. Im not even going to say anything about Moss :) Our receivers are not the best ever but they are pretty good.

I hope we are spending our bye week trying to play a more agressive style and trying to get better at running the ball out of the shotgun.

OP
OP
D

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Im not even going to say anything about Moss :)

You just did.

Lol, ok. I wont say anything about how open all the other Pats are because of him. And i promise, no TT references :)

26 touchdowns - 2 ints. Are you kidding me?? I couldnt even do that in Madden

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes you wonder..........WHY did the Patriots feel they had to CHEAT to win????

That's Billicheck's mentality. Has anyone seen the movie "Rounders"? Bellicheck is like Edward Norton's character. Crazy talented, but is never satisfied with that, he always has to bend the rules to stack the deck in his favor. Bellicheck is a good coach, but he's pretty much a ****-poor human being. Works 120 hours a week. Mistresses. etc. etc. etc.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Makes you wonder..........WHY did the Patriots feel they had to CHEAT to win????

That's Billicheck's mentality. Has anyone seen the movie "Rounders"? Bellicheck is like Edward Norton's character. Crazy talented, but is never satisfied with that, he always has to bend the rules to stack the deck in his favor. Bellicheck is a good coach, but he's pretty much a ****-poor human being. Works 120 hours a week. Mistresses. etc. etc. etc.
Geez....if you work 120 hours a week, who has TIME for mistresses????
(Or stamina for that matter!)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
The Pats have the o-linemen to make it work.

We don't.

Or maybe we do, but the way the o-linemen are executing, we can't do what the Pats are doing.

Our pass protection is fairly good. The reason why New England can do it is because they have the ability to run the ball. They choose not too. Green Bay can't run the ball and that allows defenses to drop 7 to 8 in coverage. With New England you still have to respect Maroney and their running game to an extent.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone (media, not you guys here) needs to get off of Bradys ****, honestly. Take away Moss, Welker, and the 49 other pro bowlers around him and hes back to planet earth averaging 22 ish TD passes like every other above average NFL QB. He's good, we get it, but the people around him are better.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Quite a few of those TD's were to Moss and were TD's because of Moss's ability to outjump and outbattle for the ball.

Tom Brady is a good QB, but I think a lot of the attention should be shared with Randy Moss too. Seems Moss only gets attention for his antics, not his talent and gets underestimated.

OP
OP
D

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite a few of those TD's were to Moss and were TD's because of Moss's ability to outjump and outbattle for the ball.

Tom Brady is a good QB, but I think a lot of the attention should be shared with Randy Moss too. Seems Moss only gets attention for his antics, not his talent and gets underestimated.

I'd like to at least give it a shot. We dont have that deep threat but i still think we can pull it off. We just need to run the ball more from the shotgun so they have to respect the balanced attack. At this point, when we are in shotgun, its almost certainly a pass.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone (media, not you guys here) needs to get off of Bradys ****, honestly. Take away Moss, Welker, and the 49 other pro bowlers around him and hes back to planet earth averaging 22 ish TD passes like every other above average NFL QB. He's good, we get it, but the people around him are better.

Like Kurt Warner was in the "greatest show on turf"?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yep take away all those guys you just named and he still has 3 Super Bowl Rings.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

Yep take away all those guys you just named and he still has 3 Super Bowl Rings.

LOL, what a hack!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Patriots are up 35 - 7 in the 2nd quarter. They get the ball back and Brady is in the shotgun, 4 wide on first down, give it to rb. 2nd down 5 receivers, pass. Next, shotgun again, pass.

They are so agressive, and effective running the ball even in the shotgun. They are relentless. We can do this too. Im not even going to say anything about Moss :) Our receivers are not the best ever but they are pretty good.

I hope we are spending our bye week trying to play a more agressive style and trying to get better at running the ball out of the shotgun.

No, the Patriots can't possibly be any good. They can't run the football. Their leading rusher only got 6 carries.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:

You just did.

Lol, ok. I wont say anything about how open all the other Pats are because of him. And i promise, no TT references :)

No please feel free to make reference's friend. Every time I see Moss jump up and catch another ball for a seemingly easily TD..........I really do want to swear myself, knowing we could have had the "has been, supposed cancer etc" for cheaper than......what's the use.

Cheers

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
The Pats have the o-linemen to make it work.

We don't.

Or maybe we do, but the way the o-linemen are executing, we can't do what the Pats are doing.

Agreed aadp,

I was watching the game today with my son and we were counting the seconds after the snap, bottom line is Tom generally has more time to wait and throw the ball and it makes a huge difference in the game.

Note- Our hurting running game hasn't helped our passing game either.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:

I didn't say he wasn't good. Those years he won those super bowls he wasn't throwing nearly as many TD's because he didn't have the group he has around him now.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
credit needs to given to tom brady, but at the same tims credit has to be given to the people around him. i really want to see how they do against the redskins.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
tromadz said:
de_real_deal said:

You just did.

No please feel free to make reference's friend. Every time I see Moss jump up and catch another ball for a seemingly easily TD..........I really do want to swear myself, knowing we could have had the "has been, supposed cancer etc" for cheaper than......what's the use.

Cheers

We could have had Randy Moss huh? Care to explain how you know this and what facts you are basing this knowledge on along with the sources?

I'll spare you the time, don't look, you won't find it because its not true. Randy Moss wanted to play for a Super Bowl contender.

Check this article out. He talks about how he was overwhelmed by the chance of being a Patriot.

Members online

Latest posts