Who will be the Packers best Wr in 2013??

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda tough question seeing how Jordy went off one year and then Jones the next. So naturally you would think it would be Cobb right? well not so fast! (in my lee corso voice). I think Jones will be the guy who has the most touchdown grabs and catches this year. I was really impressed with him last year and he made some outstanding catches as he caught the football. He is faster then people give him credit for and his route running is solid. He's probably our most physical wr as i don't see many db's being able to bump him with alot of success due to his strong hands.

I used to be really tough on Jones because he would show flashes and then do something that made me shake my head but he stepped up last year.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think that Cobb will be our most productive. I LOVE watching that dude with the ball in his hands.

On a side note... It's funny how most, if not all of us have come full circle on Jones.

Hopefully this is the year I stop shouting "DONT DROP IT!!!" at the TV when he catches a pass

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I think that Cobb will be our most productive. I LOVE watching that dude with the ball in his hands.

On a side note... It's funny how most, if not all of us have come full circle on Jones.

Hopefully this is the year I stop shouting "DONT DROP IT!!!" at the TV when he catches a pass

Ha . I've come full circle, and he earned my trust last year that he could be a big play wr as he cut down on the drops. I like Cobb but i like how Jones out muscled db's and went up and got the football. I don't see that in Cobb. Exciting with the ball in his hands none the less.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha . I've come full circle, and he earned my trust last year that he could be a big play wr as he cut down on the drops. I like Cobb but i like how Jones out muscled db's and went up and got the football. I don't see that in Cobb. Exciting with the ball in his hands none the less.

Cobb doesn't come across as a strong dude to me. Jones does. But Jones is also what, 6' 1" 215? He is a much more physical receiver than Cobb. Looks like he has developed strong hands.

That being said, Cobb isn't finesse either, he doesn't mind getting up in your face. I like our receivers this year, I really do.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough question. Not only are we being asked to be psychic, it's still a judgment call.
How so?

Well who was our best WR last year?
The NFL touchdown leader James Jones?
Jordy? Cobb?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough question. Not only are we being asked to be psychic, it's still a judgment call.
How so?

Well who was our best WR last year?
The NFL touchdown leader James Jones?
Jordy? Cobb?

James Jones imo. You don't have to be psychic to give your opinion.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Jones. Usually gets separation and is in a contract year? He's not dropping a single pass. Heck, we all remember the touchdown he saved from Finley last year

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which WR has the 4th most catches this season?

Jeremy Ross
Jarrett Boykin
One of the rookies we just took
A Free Agent yet to sign

Reaction score
Cobb will have 1200 yards and 6 tds and 2 on special teams. Jordy will have 900 and 8 tds and Jones will have 900 and 10 tds.

Reaction score

Jeremy Ross
Jarrett Boykin
A Free Agent yet to sign
That's tough... Boykin had that amazing catch to win one game.... I'll go with Ross because of his chances of remaining of the roster being higher due to special teams

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely would not bet on any of those 2 rookies stepping in and surpassing Boykin & Ross.

Barring injury, my $ is down on Boykin.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Johnson. Our 7th round pick, not only makes the team, but gets in considerable playing time.

Our stats will look something like:

Cobb 20% of receptions
Nelson 17.5%
Jones 17.5%
Johnson 5%
Boykin 5%

TEs 20%
RBs 15%

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jeremy Ross
Jarrett Boykin
A Free Agent yet to sign

Charles Johnson. I like his height and speed. If he had gone to a big time program he would have come off the boards wayyy sooner. I wouldn't be shocked to see him emerge as the number four wr. The NFL is in need of big fast wr's and Johnson is one. I would love to see this guy have a major impact.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Charles Johnson. I like his height and speed. If he had gone to a big time program he would have come off the boards wayyy sooner. I wouldn't be shocked to see him emerge as the number four wr. The NFL is in need of big fast wr's and Johnson is one. I would love to see this guy have a major impact.
What's even more impressive than that is his phenomenal body control

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodell and HG, what makes you say that?
Did you watch some of his games in college, or highlight videos?

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your going CATCHES for 4th receiver I'm going to say Boykin, to me he seems like a slot/possession receiver type. Big hands relatively tall and given that he has been on the team for a year and probably knows the routes better then the rooks for catches I'm going with him. Yards would not be as definitive imo.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Rodell and HG, what makes you say that?
Did you watch some of his games in college, or highlight videos?
I saw some of his game/highlight videos, kid has some real potential. Rodell is going purely off measurables. I like to use a different litmus for various positions

H

HardRightEdge

Charles Johnson. Our 7th round pick, not only makes the team, but gets in considerable playing time.

Our stats will look something like:

Cobb 20% of receptions
Nelson 17.5%
Jones 17.5%
Johnson 5%
Boykin 5%

TEs 20%
RBs 15%

11'1" long jump and 39.5" vertical. The guy's a stud. I hope he has hands. We need a guy who can stretch the field...this guy would qualify breaking the 4.3's.

If nothing else, he's got the speed and size to be a gunner.

Members online

Latest posts