Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These people will only respect Rodgers greatness after hes gone. Is what it is.
Having back to back HOF QBs will do that to a fan base. Had our ST not melted down and we won 13-6 nobody would be ready to storm 1265 with torches and pitchforks demanding we trade Rodgers.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense scores 10 and defense gives up 6. SF scores 13. Which unit gives up 7 and has a FG blocked at the end of the half? I get it. You're pissed we lost. But at least be fair and not put ALL of it on Rodgers.
We all knew the special teams was a disaster. It shouldn't surprise anybody how they performed tonight.

What is shocking though, is an Aaron Rodgers-led offense only scoring 10 points. The offense performed way worse than expected, therefore the offense gets most of the blame tonight.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all knew the special teams was a disaster. It shouldn't surprise anybody how they performed tonight.

What is shocking though, is an Aaron Rodgers-led offense only scoring 10 points. The offense performed way worse than expected, therefore the offense gets most of the blame tonight.
If ST didn't screw up we would have scored 13 and that would have been enough with the way our D played.

I lay most of the blame for tonight's disaster at the feet of MLF for not canning that ST coordinator MONTHS ago.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Having back to back HOF QBs will do that to a fan base. Had our ST not melted down and we won 13-6 nobody would be ready to storm 1265 with torches and pitchforks demanding we trade Rodgers.
You make that sound like the fans are running him out of town. HE was the one who said he didn`t want to be here anymore. Please stop making him sound like he`s some sort of victim here. Yes, the ST sucked tonight but so did he.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the AR and Davante Adams to Denver stuff is real...

I think you just do it.

The Packers will get:
- a bunch of Draft Picks
- probably Jeudy/Sutton
- some hgih caliber Defender... maybe Chubb to pair with Gary?

*but I also think we can get Drew Lock... who I believe has the tools to develop under MLF to someone really, really good

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the AR and Davante Adams to Denver stuff is real...

I think you just do it.

The Packers will get:
- a bunch of Draft Picks
- probably Jeudy/Sutton
- some hgih caliber Defender... maybe Chubb to pair with Gary?

*but I also think we can get Drew Lock... who I believe has the tools to develop under MLF to someone really, really good
I think it's possible to get Lock with Love packaged in the deal. But in that case, I'd rather stick with Love and get an extra #1 or #2 round pick

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can have BOTH Lock and Love and just see who's better basically
I'm not sure we can get both. What if Rodgers only wants to play 2 more years? Denver will have no possible future at QB in that scenario and they won't have the draft capital for 3+ years to get their next franchise guy

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100%. At this point, I'd rather have us win 9 to 10 games a year, get in as a WILD CARD and make it to the Super Bowl with a good (not AR great) regular season statistical QB.

We haven't even BEEN to a Super Bowl in what 12 years now?

I'll take Eli Manning today

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure we can get both. What if Rodgers only wants to play 2 more years? Denver will have no possible future at QB in that scenario and they won't have the draft capital for 3+ years to get their next franchise guy

For sure, but I think you have to have some way to have an actual objective comparison.

MLF, in my opinion, has proven to be a helluva offensive coach. Obviously, we can set aside the gaffes with him and his ST coaches.

But you have to let 2 younger QBs in Lock and Love get a chance to compete to see "who can do it"...

I would trust MLF to be able to work magic on both/either of them. He's done it before with Matt Ryan and others too

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lock sucks why in tf would you want to trade Rodgers for lock? Even tho Rodgers sucks in the playoffs trading him away puts them in dark days until they draft a elite qb again which they ain’t gonna get that lucky

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have had chances every year with Rodgers but they refused to get better year after year

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For sure, but I think you have to have some way to have an actual objective comparison.

MLF, in my opinion, has proven to be a helluva offensive coach. Obviously, we can set aside the gaffes with him and his ST coaches.

But you have to let 2 younger QBs in Lock and Love get a chance to compete to see "who can do it"...

I would trust MLF to be able to work magic on both/either of them. He's done it before with Matt Ryan and others too
Great point...a legit position battle for motivation. Still, my worry is that would detract from the offense. Would picking one guy right away and building the offense around his strengths before pre-season be more beneficial than not knowing your guy until after season 1, and then having to start from scratch again? There are positives and negative to both I believe it will mostly come down to the return in a Rodgers & Adams trade

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Rodgers, here is how I see it.

He's definitely, IMO, and despite only 1 Super Bowl ring and appearance, probably Top 5 or 6 QB of all time...

But enough is enough, eventually Aaron has to just go on a tear and just string together 3 REALLY, REALLY good, "lights out", 250 pass yards/game +, 3 touchdown passes +, 100 qb rating+ games together for 3 games in the playoffs and basically just "take over" and "be the Man" during the playoffs and win another one

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100%. At this point, I'd rather have us win 9 to 10 games a year, get in as a WILD CARD and make it to the Super Bowl with a good (not AR great) regular season statistical QB.

We haven't even BEEN to a Super Bowl in what 12 years now?

I'll take Eli Manning today
Bears did it with Grossman and Hester. Literally nobody else on offense or special teams. I'll take any washed up practice squad quarterback if it means a better overall team and more Super Bowls

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears did it with Grossman and Hester. Literally nobody else on offense or special teams. I'll take any washed up practice squad quarterback if it means a better overall team and more Super Bowls

I mean the 49ers have a legit shot at their 2nd SB appearance in 3 years. And nobody here is comparing Jimmy G to Aaron Rodgers, because AR is ALOT better (in the regular season stats) in general. Jimmy G will never be mentioned in Top QB lists or probably even a HOF convo...

But with AR, this is the way I see it.

Enough is enough, eventually the has to just go on a tear and just string together 3 REALLY, REALLY good, "lights out", 250 pass yards/game +, 3 touchdown passes +, 100 qb rating+ games together for 3 games in the playoffs and basically just "take over" and "be the Man" during the playoffs and win another one

Jpete66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Due to AR's contact structure and the Packers salary cap situation he has complete control. He said he does not want a rebuild but to avoid that AR would need a major restructure to stay and keep his boys. Is he willing to give back 10's of millions to stay and keep Adam's and others??. I don't see that. I think they took one more shot and failed. I think there will be major changes. The loss last night was more Special Teams but AR was not excellent but more average. If you told him before the game the offense needed 14 points to move on he would have signed for that. His legacy is one who played at the highest levels for his position but underachieved in the playoffs that is not criticism just reality.

He provide a level of play that made the fan base spoiled. The Packers will now most likely be on a more equal ground with the rest of the league at that position. We will now see if Gutey and Lafleur can produce without AR.

All in All the Sun came up today. Thank you AR for all you did for the Packers and if it is over thanks for the ride. Did we want more? No doubt . The unknown is always scary and the possibility of going backwards is certainly in the cards. The decisions that will be made in the next two months will set the direction of this team for years to come.
Go Pack Go !!

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Due to AR's contact structure and the Packers salary cap situation he has complete control. He said he does not want a rebuild but to avoid that AR would need a major restructure to stay and keep his boys. Is he willing to give back 10's of millions to stay and keep Adam's and others??. I don't see that. I think they took one more shot and failed. I think there will be major changes. The loss last night was more Special Teams but AR was not excellent but more average. If you told him before the game the offense needed 14 points to move on he would have signed for that. His legacy is one who played at the highest levels for his position but underachieved in the playoffs that is not criticism just reality.

He provide a level of play that made the fan base spoiled. The Packers will now most likely be on a more equal ground with the rest of the league at that position. We will now see if Gutey and Lafleur can produce without AR.

All in All the Sun came up today. Thank you AR for all you did for the Packers and if it is over thanks for the ride. Did we want more? No doubt . The unknown is always scary and the possibility of going backwards is certainly in the cards. The decisions that will be made in the next two months will set the direction of this team for years to come.
Go Pack Go !!

Thanks for the objective view. This was no doubt my point of the post as well.

AR, will perhaps go down as the greatest "regular season QB" of his generation. But multiple playoff gaffes and subpar playoff performances from him, time and time again, year after year... make you seriously wonder if it's just best to move on?

I think at this point, we can see that at 38 years old, there's a "regular season" Aaron Rodgers and a "Playoff Aaron Rodgers". The stats are generally fairly good overall in both, but the winning percentage are COMPLETELY opposite. You have "regular season" AR who is around a 68% winning percentage and a "Playoff Aaron Rodgers" who is around 50%....

Quite a difference.

I think there's enough evidence to just say that so far he can't win in the playoffs.

NEOM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it's becoming obvious the people who comment on this site are either football illiterate or trolling.

Defensive slugfests in bad weather happen. The offense and defense did enough to win the game. If not the for astronomically poor performance of the special teams they win the game.

End of story

Having an elite QB, regarded as one of the most talented one ever, and only scoring 10 points at home, in a short week for the opponent, in bad weather...? Sorry you can blame special teams but Rodgers had weapons all over the field and should have found ways to score at least another touchdown. This is the difference between him and Brady. Brady is clutch in these moments, I can gurantee you, with Brady on the last drive, which we kicked the field goal, he would have got away with a touchdown.