Who Stays and Who goes.....Coaches

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To save everyone a lot of time and effort, I would suggest do the following:

1. Create new thread
2. Copy every post into it from "Fire Capers!" Thread.
3. Search and replace Capers for new guys name.

It's about efficiency folks!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You ever think we have a big pile of excrement out there because Campen is a bad coach?

I'm always willing to listen. The conventional wisdom is that, apart from Bulaga, the OL has been assembles as an afterthought, and fielding even a reasonable imitation of an NFL line is quite an achievement. That counterpoint to that is...?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Let the new HC pick his own staff and next year we can make up new fire someone threads
The Gute and Murphy ones will gain steam as soon as the "wrong" coach(es) are hired along with certain players kept, not-retained, not-signed, signed, pursued, not-pursued, drafted, drafted too high, not drafted, cut, not cut.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm always willing to listen. The conventional wisdom is that, apart from Bulaga, the OL has been assembles as an afterthought, and fielding even a reasonable imitation of an NFL line is quite an achievement. That counterpoint to that is...?
If you dismiss players by where they were drafted then Bahktiari isn't very good at all either. My simple observation is that players don't seem to get much better throughout their careers. Linsley is good - but he was good as a rookie when he got hurt. Bulaga hasn't developed all that much. I think players are better individually but not as a team, if that makes sense.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If you dismiss players by where they were drafted then Bahktiari isn't very good at all either. My simple observation is that players don't seem to get much better throughout their careers. Linsley is good - but he was good as a rookie when he got hurt. Bulaga hasn't developed all that much. I think players are better individually but not as a team, if that makes sense.
I kind of get what you are saying, but Taylor, Bahk and even Linsley and Bulaga have improved under Campen, IMO.

You philosophy applies to our secondary IMO, with even some seemingly getting worse the longer they stay in Green Bay.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not sure where the bold came from. My point was the opposite - Bak is very, very good, but obviously nobody in the NFL thought he was that, coming in. In fact, even when he was playing well as a rookie, the evaluations nearly always included "for a 4th round pick". Perhaps, if you mean dismiss him as a player with limited potential, I'd agree. Campen took that limited potential and developed it.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And once we're done firing everybody, let's sue everybody over this car crash.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That reminded me a bit of one of my favorite "prank phone calls", with this one having the prankster being the guy who received the call. Sorry Mods....little leeway on digressing :)

H

HardRightEdge

That reminded me a bit of one of my favorite "prank phone calls", with this one having the prankster being the guy who received the call. Sorry Mods....little leeway on digressing :)

I can't quite compete with that, but every once in a while when the mood strikes I'll give a caller the Jerky Boys "Uncle Freddy" treatment--"Uncle Freddy?" " You killed Uncle Freedy?" You know, like that. ;)

I don't think we're really digressing. I thought I heard an "Uncle Freddy" audible this week. And firing and suing everbody seems to be on point these days.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Coach John Atwill is a great prospect until he screws up then we can start a "fire atwill" thread.

D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion Campen has done a really good job developing the offensive line. I recall reading an article (unfortunately can't find a link to it anymore) mentioning the Packers have spent by far the least amount of draft capital on the starters in the entire league while still having had a pretty decent line for most of the past few years.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In my opinion Campen has done a really good job developing the offensive line. I recall reading an article (unfortunately can't find a link to it anymore) mentioning the Packers have spent by far the least amount of draft capital on the starters in the entire league while still having had a pretty decent line for most of the past few years.
Agree and the list mentioned previously didn't include 4th round picks Sitton, Lang or Tretter, 2 pretty damn good players and 1 solid starter.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the fans dump beer on Ron Zook and Joe Whitt's heads as they go out the stadium after this. They are 100℅ responsible for the **** show on the field and should get no respect whatsoever. **** em!!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After this game we had better give Zook the pink slip.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fire Ron Zook, Fire Joe Whitt, and Philbin and company can follow right behind them.

Kick out Bryan Bulaga, Lane Taylor, Clay Matthews, Randall Cobb, and Lance Kendricks.

Draft Paris Campbell and JK Dobbins, Get 3 new OLmen, and hire Ken Whisenhunt or Pete Carmichael as HC. No more nice guys aloud here.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can't think of a Packer coach that isn't wondering when the phone call from Gute comes in the next 48 hrs. Kind of think Pettine's phone might ring too.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't think of a Packer coach that isn't wondering when the phone call from Gute comes in the next 48 hrs. Kind of think Pettine's phone might ring too.
MY TAKE:

Nobody will get fired before the new HC is hired. Don't want to get rid of someone under contract that the next coach might want to keep. Don't think anyone will be denied permission to interview elsewhere though.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
MY TAKE:

Nobody will get fired before the new HC is hired. Don't want to get rid of someone under contract that the next coach might want to keep. Don't think anyone will be denied permission to interview elsewhere though.

Besides Pettine, if any new HC wants to retain any of the Packers current coaching staff, I might question his hire! ;) I was kind of on board for keeping Campen, but I am just fine with him getting his walking papers too.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MY TAKE:

If Ron Zook isn't booted out of here yet all hell should break loose in Green Bay

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If Ron Zook isn't booted out of here yet all hell should break loose in Green Bay
Evidently, they sent 4 special teams players over to Zook's house to deliver the news that he is out. No word yet, but the driver got ticketed twice for speeding, a flat tire, missed a bunch of turns and now they are presumed to be lost traveling North of Green Bay.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
MY TAKE:

I got an agree from a more reliable source
According to a source, Murphy probably won’t fire any assistants outright, but rather let the new head coach decide their fate. But given the lack of interest the Packers displayed in facing a division rival that had won three straight against them, the players — whether intended or not — sent a message that a housecleaning was necessary...Of course, he can’t fire the 44 players who took part in that debacle, but having already fired the head coach, no one would blame him for clearing the decks completely. Every bit of disease that flowed through this cesspool of a season should be removed. The players, in effect, made that clear.
He also adds at the very end a highly debatable (at least among a few posters here) view
There are some very good assistant coaches on the Packers’ staff, offensive line coach James Campen and defensive passing game coordinator Joe Whitt among them, but it wouldn’t be surprising if this pathetic performance washed them away with everyone else.

Members online

Latest posts