Who Stays and Who goes.....Coaches

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That's my point, trust, or until they ask you and I for our input, we have to wait and see.
I think you are mistaking everyone's posts here as a posters attempt at making decisions for the Packers Organization? Instead of seeing them for what they really are, Packer Fans Opinions. Do you think any of us posting here think we actually have any influence over any decisions made by the Green Bay Packers? You may be uncomfortable with posting your "input" and if you are, you should stop. But I think for most of us, the fun of being involved in this site is posting our opinions, along with reading others. I learn a hell of a lot more here about the Packers, than I do reading articles on the internet.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd also get van Pelt back. The new coach could do with some familiar people who can help transition.

The Packers should finally hire coaches who don't have a history with the team.

Who here is qualified to answer such a question unless you work in the halls of 1265 Lombardi Ave.
I know it's been a frustrating season, but let's leave this up to the people that qualify to make decisions like this.

Just be dam glad were not one of those people

I wouldn't mind being paid a fortune to work inside 1265 ;)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don't put your trust in the present decisions makers collecting a pay check in Green Bay, we're all in trouble.
Somewhere along the line in this football world, there's another Vince L. waiting to be hired.

Have read this a couple of times, and it always looks like you're saying that if somebody's on staff, they need to be trusted. Wanted to confirm before noting a few who are/were drawing a paycheck and should definitely not have been trusted.

May well be another Vince out there, but I believe it's highly questionable that even the original would have been able to produce at even a small percentage of the '60s.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should finally hire coaches who don't have a history with the team.

Whatever for? The playbook needs to be upgraded, but does not necessarily mean it needs to be thrown out and rewritten. We need continuity but with a new outlook. AR's loss of form coincides with leaving of van Pelt.

D

Deleted member 6794

Whatever for? The playbook needs to be upgraded, but does not necessarily mean it needs to be thrown out and rewritten. We need continuity but with a new outlook. AR's loss of form coincides with leaving of van Pelt.

The Packers have tried to make solely minor changes for way too long resulting in the team struggling even with Rodgers being available all season. It's finally time to start over at this point.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still question that it's the "playbook". Again last week, fielding half a team worth of starters it seemed like we could have won that game had we simply made the plays that were there to be made. What play call makes Aaron Rodgers not overthrow Cobb badly on a couple passes for big explosive plays? What play call then prevents Cobb from dropping a big 3rd down pass that would have went for 15+, a perfect, in stride on the money pass? Similarly, you can say the reads are too difficult for a rookie to be successful in. Maybe, but no matter what the reads are, when it's time to bend it in, out or be sharp, it's time to make your break, cut, turn to the post, pylon whatever and you don't do it like you're supposed to because of a lazy route and you miss on a TD, do play calls fix that? Maybe this offense has too many passes down field, but if your QB is throwing it behind the TE on a fairly normal pass across the shallow middle for what would have been another TD and he throws it behind him and it results in a tipped and intercepted ball, what's the solution? Don't call that play again?

I don't care what playbook they call plays from, if they don't get a couple better players on the team and then have them all start doing their jobs better, it won't matter.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not true, he had struggles with that even while AVP was here. I'm ok with keeping coaches who are toting the mark currently, but it's time to move on from those we've moved on from.

H

HardRightEdge

Agreed and I can't help but wonder if McCarthy or Gute "forced" Pettine into keeping 1/2 of the defensive coaches when he was hired.
Putting "forced" in quotes is appropriate. Would anybody think they would hire Pettine and then after the fact say, "by the way, we're going to keep these particular guys." That seems unrealistic.

It would be a point of discussion, negotiation or a precondition in the hiring process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
1st I would think the secondary coaches get canned. 2nd I would think the 1st year coaches should stay. 3rd I would think the 1st new secondary coach should be hired last. Last I think the 2nd idea could be used as a 1st priority to make the 3rd option happen.
Going forward, I’d much prefer to see us stay focused and not looking back.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
which of course is different than what they said and wrote about the guy last year :)

“I love being around Dave Raih,” Rodgers said. “Dave Raih’s got a ton of energy. He’s good up in front of the room. He’s going to be a potential coordinator-plus, I think, in this league if he wants to. But he knows football and he works his butt off. He’s been a great addition to the staff. … So I’m really happy to have him around a lot. Just another voice who’s played the position.”

That's from last year. Now he's a fraud.

He probably just didn't want to give McGinn an interview and Bob's crusty *** is taking it out on him.

H

HardRightEdge

“I love being around Dave Raih,” Rodgers said. “Dave Raih’s got a ton of energy. He’s good up in front of the room. He’s going to be a potential coordinator-plus, I think, in this league if he wants to. But he knows football and he works his butt off. He’s been a great addition to the staff. … So I’m really happy to have him around a lot. Just another voice who’s played the position.”

That's from last year. Now he's a fraud.

He probably just didn't want to give McGinn an interview and Bob's crusty *** is taking it out on him.
Well, it's kinda like OTAs, camp and preseason with some players. They look good, optimism is high, kind things are said by way of encouragement. Then the money games roll around against first line competition and they just don't deliver.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
1st I would think the secondary coaches get canned. 2nd I would think the 1st year coaches should stay. 3rd I would think the 1st new secondary coach should be hired last. Last I think the 2nd idea could be used as a 1st priority to make the 3rd option happen.
Going forward, I’d much prefer to see us stay focused and not looking back.
I got this
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's kinda like OTAs, camp and preseason with some players. They look good, optimism is high, kind things are said by way of encouragement. Then the money games roll around against first line competition and they just don't deliver.
That's entirely possible, but considering the history, I'd buy the Salty Bob taking pot shots again in a "story" he's created to get some more clicks. Seems very likely.

Either way, all these guys are not going to be in GB anymore in a couple weeks.

H

HardRightEdge

That's entirely possible, but considering the history, I'd buy the Salty Bob taking pot shots again in a "story" he's created to get some more clicks.
Why not both? Raih is heading out the door while McGinn takes the opportunity to stir things up?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Riah is as good as gone, and I have no doubt Bob is taking shots to get readers. It’s what he does.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dump all of offense. Hire back Campen, just so you can fire him a 2nd time. Fire Zook. Keep Pettine and let him choose his staff, but strongly recommend he can do better than Witt.

Give Pettine a real shot at HC. Interview only HCs that will keep Pettine.

From cheeseheadTV
Ron Zook should be fired then re-hired so they can fire him again.

https://m.cheeseheadtv.com/blog/gut-reactions-packers-44-jets-38-707

Think he reads here? I think he stole my line from last week.

How can people not like Campen? He's working with a big pile of excrement out there.

The only OL with actual talent do a really good job out there.
You ever think we have a big pile of excrement out there because Campen is a bad coach?

Members online

Latest posts