Who really should be taking our Ire today.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The receiving corps. i dont know how many times rodgers lofted an excellent pass to them and they just dropped it. totally uncharacteristic. and i think that took alot of wind out of the sails. note how that happened at the end of the first half and that was when things went downhill.

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh. It happens. He's still one of my favorite Packers ever :happy0005:

A well coached team can overcome that. They can get their heads out of their ***, and get back to playing football.

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the coaching staff should be taking the brunt of criticism... over 450 yards offense, and 13 points.... well in field goal range in OT, and they pass the ball.... I mean, come on!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
McCarthy.

Got REAL conservative with a lead... again. And again it comes back to bite us. Did we even throw a ball more than 15 yards down field today?

And then there's abandoning the running game when it was actually working for once.

This one's on the big guy with the headset.

OP
OP
chucknorris101

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea we never went down the field, when we did it worked great. part of that was cliftons breakdown at the half not being able to have any kind of containment

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol I don't see how you guys blame mcarthy, dude we passed the ball 48 times it's Aaron Rodger call to read the defence. Get off mcarthy back I think it was how predictable we were in not having any balance like I said before a coach can only do so much. Only thing I blame mcarthy for is not challenging that touchdown cath that Jordy made he was clearly In bounds. But hey I think they got mcarthy scared to do anything right now. Mcarthy is doing a fine job in my eyes it's just injuries and players need to step the he'll up.

cryptic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol I don't see how you guys blame mcarthy
I'm sorry, but I am gonna have to disagree with you here. MM is completely to blame.
Week after week he fails at having his team ready to play four quarters football. I realize MM isn't out on the field getting the penalties, turning the ball over, and dropping passes, but a great coach will have his team disciplined and focused, which will significantly reduce the number of these errors. Our team is neither disciplined nor focused. I also realize that MM cannot prevent injuries on game day, but a great coach can make adjustments when they do happen to help his team to a victory. Don't get me wrong, I love my Packers and think they are a good team. But as long as MM is our coach, we will never be a great team.

Oh, and nice to meet y'all! :wave:

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
d.d said in the paper he makes those catches he will make up for it next week,maybe thats where a-rod has to step up even though he let you down dont stop throwing to him,o-line for what ever reason is not clicking but i think they can turn it around backups will improve bjack is showing he can run and get yards they just need to start jelling

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I am gonna have to disagree with you here. MM is completely to blame.
Week after week he fails at having his team ready to play four quarters football. I realize MM isn't out on the field getting the penalties, turning the ball over, and dropping passes, but a great coach will have his team disciplined and focused, which will significantly reduce the number of these errors. Our team is neither disciplined nor focused. I also realize that MM cannot prevent injuries on game day, but a great coach can make adjustments when they do happen to help his team to a victory. Don't get me wrong, I love my Packers and think they are a good team. But as long as MM is our coach, we will never be a great team.

Oh, and nice to meet y'all! :wave:

It's hard to beat tough injuries. We've been hit hard with injuries the past several years. Perhaps the training staff has something to do with it. But that's how football goes, an excellent team with key injuries becomes just a mediocre team.

Since I mentioned team, I'd say the team lost on Sunday, coaches and players. There was time at the end of regulation to throw another sideline pass and get closer for the field goal, but they didn't go that route. I don't know why. I agree that McCarthy called a conservative game yesterday. The receivers were dropping balls, the o line wasn't blocking well. The secondary missed assignments. After Matthews went down, the defense had little pressure on the QB. It's a whole basket of failures. The one bright spot of the game, ironically was our running game (at least what there was of it).

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is the person to blame. You DO NOT cal a pass play from the opponents 20 yard line in overtime.

Seeing how TT doesn't like to spend money or trade draft picks, one of the cheapest ways to get better is improve your coaching.

Members online

Latest posts