Who expects the defense to step it up in honor of Reggie?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do. First of all, 167 pass yards, 87 rush from their #1 Rb. Those numbers, alone, aren't bad. After another week of getting guys healthy, more reps, more benchings (go kill yourself ahmad...sorry...sorry) they should be a lot better. Mark Roman led us in tackles. I dislike Roman and he did well. I expect the defense to smash it up, be psyched, and hopefully get some turnovers.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Who expects the defense to step it up in honor of Reggie

This unit will get its first INT's this game. Dilfer dishes them out to the Pack. Our D will shine. The Browns have a good RB but I'd argue that the Lions Jones and their OL is better than what the Browns have. We stopped Jones. Harrington is better than Dilfer and DET has better WR's. Yes our D will shine at home and begin the Buzz of a stingy D.
Favre will be gunning to get last weeks game of his back and Murph/Fergie will have something to prove.

Mark

Cheesehead
Reaction score

calicheesehead said:
This unit will get its first INT's this game. Dilfer dishes them out to the Pack. Our D will shine. The Browns have a good RB but I'd argue that the Lions Jones and their OL is better than what the Browns have. We stopped Jones. Harrington is better than Dilfer and DET has better WR's. Yes our D will shine at home and begin the Buzz of a stingy D.
Favre will be gunning to get last weeks game of his back and Murph/Fergie will have something to prove.

The Packers might as well do this one up big. They won't get many opportunities vs teams like the Browns rated #32 on the Power Rankings this week.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

mark..inject yourself with the HIV Virus(i apologize..or do i)

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I do not want to be negative but when they played in front of the Commissioner at the Completion of the Remodel the Packers were not motivated. They also were uninspired in home playoff games against Atlanta and Minnesota. The lowest was the Monday Night Football "game" against Titans last year.

Lately when the spotlight is on the Packers at Lambeau they have played some uninspired football.

I just would hate to have Reggie's Ceremony remembered by a loss.
I think Brett is just getting mad at his teammates who really just don't care. Some like Hunt are gone but there are still David Martins on the roster. I wish Sherman could get them motivated without losing games.

Insulting Reggie with a loss may be the thing that will get the team to start trying to perform in games. I hate the booing of the Packers at Lambeau but they seem to deserve it the way they play.

If there is no pride in home games maybe Sherman should lock them in a hotel for the weekend with 6 pm curfew until they show some life at home.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tro.....no need to apologize....but I'm not sure it is possible. The team better be fired up.....home opener.....man I'm gettin' fired up just talking about it.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I expect the packers to beat the Browns, as long as the Packers don't shoot themselves in the foot with a ton of penalties.

But it's amazing how poor the Packers have done in some of these tribute type games. Opening day against the Vikings a couple of years ago they open the stadium and bring back a bunch of ex-Packers, yet played pretty poor. I'm pretty sure last year too they brought back some ex-Packers for the home opener, it might have been the Bear game, and they didn't play very inspired either.

The Browns have a poor D-line, so I'm expecting better results out of our O-line and the offense in general.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would hope so, but I'm doubtful given the egg they laid in the playoffs last year; however, I don't think Bates will let them do that unlike Slowik and his merry band of idiots (used courtesy digsthepack).

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts