Who else sees the Colts as the new Packers?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning is winding down, and they seem to have a lot of the same things going that we did in the late 90s/ early 2000s.

- new, underscored coach
-QB that runs the team, going to hold them hostage soon
- no team around him to speak of (as to say he MAKES this team, doesnt enhance it)
- losing big post season games
- throwing big picks and turning the ball over when it counts on the back half of the QBs career.
- a lot of other comparisons, like records, etc.

Living in INDY, listening to the radio, watching TV, I feel these guys are a morror image of us circa 8-10 seasons ago.

Thoughts?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well if he ever gets a defense he will still win a couple more super bowls the same way we would have. They are not done yet unless they have the defenses we had.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It is turning into a circus.

Reggie Wayne is very unhappy as well. He had 1 catch for 1 yard.

"I shouldn't have even suited up," Wayne said. "I should have watched the game like everybody else. I was irrelevant." "I give everything I've got no matter what. Every day, I give it everything," Wayne said. "And ... one ball, that's all."

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score

"I shouldn't have even suited up," Wayne said. "I should have watched the game like everybody else. I was irrelevant." "I give everything I've got no matter what. Every day, I give it everything," Wayne said. "And ... one ball, that's all."

kinda suprising since he is usually low key

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I found very similar was the Mike Holmgren was the coach from 1992-1998 while Tony Dungy was the coach from 2002-2008. Both coaches had one Super Bowl Victory, in 1996 and 2006. Notice how everything is 10 years off?

Yeah, I could see the Colts becoming Packers of he early 2000's.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They could always make a comeback and win another SB...
But then again, us Packers fans were saying that for years with BrINT Fail.
Hey your right. The Colts are like the Packers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely can see that.
The difference is Polian. Ron Wolf eventually stepped down, which was a big issue to why we dropped down.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Colts are now 1-5 (.167) in the postseason in games where they have 0 turnovers.
Rest of the league: 41-3 (.932)

The Colts are now 8-4 (.667) in the posteason when leading after 3 quarters.
Rest of the league: 100-16 (.862)

Since 1998, there have been 31 comebacks in the 4th quarter in the playoffs. The Colts have allowed a league-high 5 of them, including 4 in each of the last 4 seasons.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe better to say the Colts have become the old Packers.

I like the new Packers. Also, remember the Colts snuck out of Baltimore in the middle of the night--something the Packers will never, ever do.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe better to say the Colts have become the old Packers.

I like the new Packers. Also, remember the Colts snuck out of Baltimore in the middle of the night--something the Packers will never, ever do.

It would be expensive to move the entire town

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great convo on the topic, Also, just read that Manning is now sub .500 for his career in the playoffs.

I think Polian and Irsay combined have little to look forward to after Manning is gone. Even with Manning, their nucleus of talent is sub par and aging.

What is there plan moving forward? I think Indy will be Pacers fans again very soon.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another 6 degrees is that head coach Jim Caldwell is from Beloit (My hometown) Wisconsin.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I saw this. He's an idiot. He was being covered, no, "blanketed" by Revis all game. Hey Reggie, you want the ball? Get your *** open and maybe Manning will toss a couple your way. Stop your *****ing.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i for one hope manning sucks for the next 3 years and retires. never liked manning. maybe he'll retire early and make me happy.

He loves the limelight, and that's irritating. Hope Rodgers doesn't do stupid Sony commercials and only appears in TV cameos and Duchenne commercials.

Reaction score
Definitely a valid comparison! Caldwell? Has this guy been in a coma for most of the season? They're on a fast track back to mediocrity city. Manning will turn 35 this year and if he still has that average, at best, OL in front of him, he will continue to be pressured, make rushed throws, get picked and take hits. The Colts are just "soft" on both sides of the ball. And it just appears that their OL really struggles to get a push and create holes for their running backs. They do have a quick D, but again, their DL gets manhandled against the run. Quickness isn't going to help much when a back has already ran five yards past the line of scrimmage before one of these "quicker" LB's or CB's can make a play. With all the injuries to the receiving corp, the receivers that have had to play needed to turn it up to another level and work harder to get open. Yes, their window of opportunity is closing fast while we are a young team on the rise with a dynamic offense and tough physical hard hitting defense. The comparison is legit. Now, if they want to get rid of Dallas Clark, we'll take him! vbg.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
They won't be the NEW packers of the 2010's until they find an Aaron Rodgers!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts