DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Major question...

Next week, who do we root against?

BEARS vs VIKINGS...

We are on a bye

I have two streams of thought:

A: Bears win = 2nd place in NFC with .5 game disadvantage in North. Vikings will enter our contest 3 games out of first.

B: Vikings Win = .5 games in first in NFC N. With a 2 game lead over the Vikings going into game 2.

I look at the Bears like a team that is BOUND to begin to fold very soon. So in that aspect, I would want a Bears win and a poss CHILLY firing before playing us a 2nd time. Let the Bears lose down the stretch to give us our title chance. This would ALSO give the Vikings a desperation to win against us which would be VERY uncomfortable.

If the Vikings Win, we control our own destiny from here out. Only problem then is that the Vikings can climb back in very easily with a win against the Bears and a win against the Pack. This would put US at 6-4, Bears at 6-4 or or 5-5, and the Vikings at 5-5.

Looking at all of this, I must say I will be looking for a canceled game due to lightning. If it does get played, I must say that I will probably be rooting for the Bears, as I would rather face them at the end of the year for the title than face the Vikings who will be right in the thick of things when they play us for the 2nd time.

No wins here, only losses. Trying to pick the lesser of 2 evils. Either way::chisux::viksux:

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Bears win, we're tied for 1st in the division.

If the Vikes win, they build momentum heading into the home game vs the Pack...

Personally, I think I'd prefer the Bears to win, or maybe have the Vikings win, but Brett Favre takes a beating... I dunno...

It makes for a very interesting bye week, thats for sure...:viksux::chisux:

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd prefer to see the Bears win. They don't scare me at all, and I'm fairly certain they'll struggle in every remaining game this season.

The Vikings, on the other hand, still have Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, and the old man Favre...definitely more talent on that team. They're certainly capable of making some noise.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
edited my drunken math, please feel free to adjust it if my half sober math is just as bad (srry, i am a bit # dyslexic :)

Reaction score
Bears don't scare me so i want them to win and put the vikings in a bigger hole. Plus i love seeing the drama on a week to week basis on how the vikings players hate childress etc.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I always seem to root for da bears against the Vikings. Honestly Vikings vs. Bears late last season was one of the most entertaining games all season.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Go Bears.

The Bears will collapse down the stretch. I worry that if Minnesota beats them they'll remember they have too much talent on that team to suck as bad as they have been and go on a roll.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say vikes. Then we can play a hyped up vikes team and break their hearts!! also we will have a two game lead in the north with the bears lossing again the following week vs Miami.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfect situation--whoever loses we're happy.

I hope The interceptor breaks the single game interception record of 7 to complete his mastery of the turnover record book.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at first thought i would want the vikes to win,because when we get back the bears,but after last night it doesn't matter dont think they can beat the giants,and think we can beat the vikes better the 2nd time around.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scoreless tie in overtime. Cutler breaks out of the pocket and is running down the Queens sideline with a clear shot to the endzone. Favre leaps off the bench and tackles Cutler, breaking both of Cutler's legs. Favre is suspended indefinitely and retires.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be indifferent if it wasnt for the sexter. So I am cheering for the bears D. 2 losses in a row for the vikes and they will fall completely apart. The Bears will slowly fall apart as the D ages and they are attached to a QB that makes alot of bad choices.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It comes down to who I hate the most and who would benefit the Packers most if they won. I hate the Vikings more than the Bears but not by much. Still the Bears losing would help the Packers in the division as they are closest to us for the lead. Oh the dilemma. I'm going to go for the Bears for the win. I think they are a lesser threat even with their record. I don't want to give the Vikings any kind of momentum by coming off a come from behind win against the Cards and beating the Bears, then going against us. Right now WE have the momentum!

Of course the best possible outcome is for both of them to beat each other to a pulp. Or as somebody else said: lightning!!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Vikings? No way. Bears? Nope. I hope for a bloodbath; a knock down drag out fight kind of game where both teams get so screwed up and so discouraged no matter who wins they are in no mental shape to continue the next week.

As for giving the Packers the best chance? I think the Packers can beat either of these teams and that the Packers will take the division. It doesn't really matter who wins this one.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings? No way. Bears? Nope. I hope for a bloodbath; a knock down drag out fight kind of game where both teams get so screwed up and so discouraged no matter who wins they are in no mental shape to continue the next week.

As for giving the Packers the best chance? I think the Packers can beat either of these teams and that the Packers will take the division. It doesn't really matter who wins this one.

You! Hug! Now! :happy0005:

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Right on!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I hope they tie :viksux: :chisux:
Only one problem with a tie. Say they tie, at the end of the year, the Packers are 10-6 and the Bears are 10-5-1. The Bears take the division. The NFL gives you half a game for a tie when figuring out winning percentage.

Members online

Latest posts